[pnpgm] Kiet's thoughts

David Sanders dasandersx at comcast.net
Fri May 4 16:31:40 CEST 2018

When Mournath tells of the encounter with the ship's captain, and of his regret in killing him, Kiet tries to comfort him some.  "You did well, Mournath.  Do not feel bad about his death.  Who knows what further damage he might have done and who he might have hurt.  You did well."

Kiet considers the other two, these new people.  The big man, Raddok, seems sturdy enough and is at least decently armed.  The little blind woman is rather odd, with a pet wolf to boot.  Should fit right in with this group.  Kiet makes a note to himself to talk with them alone later.

Wow.  That old man!  Nuttier than a Bhamotin fruit cake.  Infuriating too.  Now that Kiet has calmed down, he smiles a bit.  Interesting old coot.  Kiet wonders what he is truly capable of.  Still, Kiet almost killed him over the "fancy boots" comment.  The others wouldn’t have appreciated that, however.

The "Expert", aka the Guide.  Kiet wonders what he meant.  Is this someone we have to meet or find?  Was he (or she!) already part of the ships company?  A mystery.  As much of one as is the mention of 'the item' and an invasion.  Kiet is most certainly interested in what item could be so powerful that it would encourage an invasion.

Finally!  Those dwarves are cleaned up.  Ix too.  Phew!  Kiet didn’t know something that small could smell that much.  Having to endure looking at Dorhak was bad enough, but adding the smell of the others was just too much.

Formorians!  Those bastards!  At first Kiet is angry about learning of this, but it’s an anger born of his youth and experiences.  After a moment he calms down slightly, a little less likely to burn something.

Hmmm...this does provide a chance to cause them some grief.  Gods know how much trouble this group can be to others.  Imagine doing it to the slimy Formorians.  A gleeful thought, that!  Kiet has been hoping for such an opportunity as this, but so many of these people have other enemies like Clima, or L'p'nth.  Some of them probably think of them as 'the good guys'.  Kiet knows full well how that isn’t the case, but try telling them that!

"I’m with you on this one, Dorhak.  I can help with the ship...I’ve sailed before."

"We have that smuggler's hold.  How can we use that to our advantage?"

And, it might just be profitable, too.  As have most of our adventures.  Which reminds him, "Unali...you might want to tell your, um, 'friends' about the invasion mentioned. See if they know anything.  At the very least, they will know to guard themselves from the Formorians...just in case."

To Raddok, Kiet says in Donaran "Greetings, Raddok".  Kiet bows slightly.  "I am Kiet Sunan.  Like many of us, I am many things.  Acrobat, sailor, actor, but more importantly...mage."

Kiet turns to the young, blind woman with the odd name of Ix.  She is interesting, but he wonders how she is able to get around without help, though he has his suspicions.  A suspicion he plans to check later.  Still, he politely bows to her, slightly more than he did to Raddok.  He asks out loud to the others present "What languages can she speak?"  If there is one he can use in common, he says  "I am Kiet Sunan.  Like you, I can wield magic.  And capable of many other things as I am sure are you.  It is nice to meet you."

Sent from my iPad