[pnpgm] Game Update #9 & 10

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Tue Mar 20 04:46:31 CET 2018

   Sorry for the delay in posting. Unfortunately I've been short on time lately. I had worked on a reply to Update #9 but forgot to send it so some of the information below might be moot now:) But sending it anyways instead of editing it. Scott, no need to post things that might be too late/not worth posting now or else feel free to work them into the current time frame.

   Also, welcome aboard, Bess:)

*****************
RE: Game Update #9
*****************

   "As dashing as the sailor thought you were, I'll do my best to try and keep my hands off of you," Arawn jovially replied, shooting Damon a grin.

----------

>        GM: Ack.  Guess I forgot about the hair thing. :)  Inviso vs
>            animals with high sense of smell.  A good challenge!  As
>            to out of sight the docks give no out of sight.  Sorry.
>            Aside from hoping off fay horse and doing it then but
>            someone would still probably see.

   OOC:
   A bit late to mention it but I'd guess that Arawn, as a trained survivalist, would know enough to stand downwind from animals when possible to avoid being detected by scent and such. But all good:)
   Also, Arawn would like to have attempted Elvish/Empathic Communication with the animals (or use whatever odd aura seems to be around him regarding animals being relatively peaceful in regards to him) to calm them down, let them know he's there to help avoid further problems, and maybe figure out what's going on.
   As the panther/shaman has moved away maybe best to assume this done with the Zehani wolf, which makes me wonder if Arawn might recognize it as the one spotted during Kiet's funeral.

[Time: 10:30 am]

   Watching the wolf and panther circle and pace, Arawn's thoughts drifted back to the black panthers he had spotted during his time in the Vassa and Sacred Forests. To others it might have seemed a coincidence but for some, himself included, it was an omen. To see one now, in such an odd place, represented mystery and self-discovery - it seemed a journey was set to begin, spiritual and physical. But who was it meant for?

   [OOC:
   If you feel like posting/running Arawn's attempt to use Elvish Empathic Communication... IC: Arawn extended his spiritual and psychic senses, seeking to connect with the animals in hopes of calming them, learning their names and why their on deck, and discovering any hidden danger they may be aware of.]

   As it became clear that some of the men laying about the deck were still alive the alfar made his way to them, using his medical training to stabilize them.

>            Arawn approaches the apple-man and lowers his blade.
>          He beckons the man off the railing and tries to convince
>          him he is not in any danger.

   OOC:
   Arawn is invisible so not sure how the man sees him. But we can go with things as written so as to make things easy, the conversation taking place while Arawn tends to the wounded (maybe Arawn 'bumped' into Raddok).

   IC:
   His medical kit by his side Arawn sought to stabilize the condition of the fallen that yet lived. As he did so he glanced at the man stumbling through an array of languages.

   "What happened here?," he asked, speaking in Salaqi. "And you can help me save the rest of your companions."

   As the rest of the party began to make their way on to the deck his disembodied voice carried from a spot not far from Raddok.

   "Some of these men are still alive, but barely. I'm tending to them best I can but could use some help."

OOC: Based on the conclusion that the guards were guilty of being slavers while the sailors were innocent, if it seems like the sailors are going to die before he (and anyone helping him) can stabilize them all of those still alive then he'll gather them together and cast Healing Mist at EL 0 on them.

******************
RE: Game Update #10
******************

>           A older dwarf with some blotches of gray steps forward.
>        "I am Gliben Fastongue.  We were captives here.  Are you
>         here to free us?"  he speaks in dwarf elder then turns to
>         Arawn.  "Are you part of this crew?" He asks in Dwarf to
>         ensure this elf might not be with these vile crew members.

   Arawn was able to make out the dwarf's comments but only roughly, the language related to Faerry Sidh. But that seemed enough to get the gist of the elder's question.
   "No," he replied regarding his connection to the crew [OOC: Will cast Communicate at max EL. If this seems to fail then he'll reply in Faerry Sidh or, if the dwarf seems unable to understand that, the Tongue of Dvalinn.] "There was a battle. I came to find out what is going on."

OOC: Probably a bit late now but in case Unali  forgot while trying to break the door Arawn gave her Enhanced Moonwort a while back.

>            Raddok is puzzled as the two animals turn away from him
>          make a wide circle in the middle of the deck, as if something
>          has caught their attention.  He can't see Arawn but he can see
>          the bloody footprints that the Alfar suddenly brings on deck
>          with his boots as he passes by bodies.

    OOC: So is Arawn invisible or not, lol?

>            "Master Dwarves! Where did you come from? What's happening here?
>          Is something wrong?" (He catches a whiff from the dwarves -
>          chokes at the stench. his eyes widen in horror - had the
>          soldiers been carrying these dwarves as prisoners or slaves? He
>          speaks again, more quietly, half to himself, still in Dwarf
>          Elder) "Something is very wrong here, isn't there?"
>            (He repeats this in Donaran to the large "elf" - he's
>          never met an Alfar - taking a deep breath & trying to calm
>          down. He's very worried about the situation he appears to
>          have fallen into. This had the stench of slavers - he hated
>          slavers - in this country it was illegal; he knew that much
>          about Marentia. Heck, this was a country with a good reputation
>          that he once contemplated visiting; now he was in a trouble
>          not of his making) (he whispers a quick prayer, which Arawn
>          barely catches)

OOC: I assume the part you repeat to Arawn is, "Something is very wrong here, isn't it?"

IC:   Raddok's quick prayer catches Arawn's attention, his eyes narrowing, though whether from suspicion or pleasure is hard to tell.
   "So it would appear," he replied, continuing to tend to the downed wounded. "There's suspicion of slavery on this ship and I think the dwarves may have been among the enslaved."