[pnpgm] Game Update #34 - File #339 - Healing time

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Aug 23 02:52:52 CEST 2018

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shman/1st Mate
..Barbasa.........Warror..Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
   Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #34 sequence (file #337)

         From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]

         Dorhak calls the sailors and passengers together.

         "We are going to set watches for the nights.  Captain...
         GM: Ack.  So 4 watches Assuming a 12 hour night 7p-7am
             that's 3 hours per watch.  I'll assume this for the
             time of any future events above.

         From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
           As Raddok saw the last of the mermen disappear, he came ...

           [OOC: or the quilted - whichever is cooler to wear - please
           inform me - thanks. If he has residual soreness from his healed
           wound, the quilted might be more comfortable to wear
]
         GM: Ack.  Typically it takes several phases to Don a suite
             of armor.  Anywhere from 1-2 to 5-6+ for bigger items.
             So if you place it nearby it may take a few phases.
             In some cases its not just placing a shirt on which
             can be done in one phase.  You have to unfold or
             remove creases or such.

         From Arawn: [Re: Dwarf tongue]
         - Dwarf Elder -

           [The day following the battle with the mermen Arawn will
           approach    Raddok]

           "I realize we'll likely be encountering other dwarves...

           OOC: If the answer is, yes, then Arawn will cast
           Tongues     to learn the language permanently.
         GM: Ack.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           OOC Stuff:
           Healing -

           I'm good with having Arawn pass on primary healing duty to
           Z'leyra if she wants the role. And he'd like to assist/learn
           from Z'leyra while she performs first aid/healing on the
           humans he'll do so if time permits.

           Z'leyra/Alex, are you going to perform magical healing for
           the wounded?   If not, or if no response is given, Scott,
           please assume Arawn will do so as previously posted.

           Arawn's Attire/Guard Duty Attire -

           He'll keep his attire minimal - breathable pants and, during
           the day, his katai hat to block the sun. Daytime gear -  Elven
           Dagger and, when the sea is calm, his Wand on him. Night/Guard
           Duty gear - Elven Dagger, Elven Bow and Elven Arrows, Elven
           Buckler and Helm. If the sea is calm he'll also bring his
           Wand.
           ---------
           IC Stuff:

           Arawn busied himself in the time prior to setting sail
           once more, from healing to writing detailed notes on the
           mermen marks and range through to mopping up the drowned hold.
           And when Finn mentioned the need to anchor lest his magical
           currents drive them off course for now he give a curt nod before
           dismissing the magic. He had heard of sea magics that could
           navigate vessels to a destination and decided it would be
           worthwhile to learn such a spell in the future, his heart
           already set on further adventures at sea.

           When Dorhak gave the watch order Arawn nodded in assent,...

           "The rats are growing scarce in the hold," he affably ....
         GM: Ack.  No real need to stop the magic to recast it
             later since once anchor is dropped the ship won't move.

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Healing]
           After the wounded have been patched Z'leyra will practice her
           Sidh  Healing spell on those with minor wounds and then Orient
           herself  and use EL5 shamanic healing on those with more serious
           wounds.
         GM: Ack.

         From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
           Day following the battle with mermen (4/5)

           When Arawn requests learning Dwarf Elder from Raddok, he
           replies,  "I will be glad to help, but my knowledge of....

           [OOC: Raddok's current knowledge is EL20.]

           [Apris 4th, 1636TH]
           [After combat for next few hours]

             As Raddok saw the last of the mermen disappear, he came to a
           stop, startled at what Ix seemed to have done. It made him
           uneasy. But he tried to counter his doubts by giving credit
           where it was due, and after hesitating for a few moments, turned
           toward the blind (shaman, was she?)  and called to Ix, saying
           "Thanks." He nodded toward her although he didn't know if she'd
           be aware of it or not.

             He moved around the lockers to find that the seamen nearly had
           the fire out - it was the sails that had been on fire, and he
           could see them all laying out on the deck, still smoldering a
           little, and nearly soaking wet. "Quick thinking!" he called out
           to the seamen still  sweeping water from a tipped barrel across
           the heavy canvases. He  looked to see how he could help, but
           suddenly he became aware of his shield's weight upon his injured
           side, and carefully lowered it to the deck with both hands,
           biting his lip as he tried to keep a groan from escaping. He
           decided that he wasn't needed here, especially when Z'leyra
           called him over after seeing his bloodied side to have him get
           in line to be healed.

             Once Raddok's been healed, he will receive his watch
           assignment from Dorhak. He's pleased that both he and Ix, the
           new members to this band of adventurers, would be on watch with
           their Captain. This would provide Captain Dorhak, a chance to
           get to know his new team members better, so the two new members
           could work more effectively with the entire group; they would
           all also learn about each other's skills a bit more. Ix was a
           mystery to him, as they had spoken little more than to exchange
           hellos so far (the wolf being a discouraging factor, Raddok
           admitted to himself), and Dorhak, being the Captain, had been
           busy all over the ship, while Raddok, himself, had been busy
           learning seamanship under Z'leyra or whichever seaman she had
           assigned him to for that particular day.

             After being treated for his wound, Raddok helped, as allowed
           by Z'leyra, with ship's repairs, but was glad to rest and relax
           that evening over his supper. He reflected that these
           adventurers had skills he had never seen, and he felt a bit
           safer among them, and a challenge to try to live up to what
           they might need from him.

             A song began to rise above the sounds of the sea, and Raddok
           found himself caught up in the dwarves' song, catching enough
           of the words to hear the hope and dreams within the melancholy
           melody.

             It was a good evening overall, and he hoped he would sleep
           fairly w ell, once his watch was over. Being on first watch, he
           would be able to sleep the rest of the night uninterrupted -
           unless something else happened. He carefully finished cleaning
           his mace and shield, and lay his leather armor beside him, ready
           to don for his watch duty.

           [Time: 10:03 am]

             Z'leyra gathers her medical supplies as the sail replacement
           cloth is being gathered up for replacement on the sails.

             Z'leyra asks if Arawn will offer any healing magic but he says
           this time he'll let her do so.

             Several watch as Z'leyra does the initial first aid and
           basic healing skills including Raddok, Mournath and Arawn.

             Mournath will take part in learning what he can pickup on the
           art of healing as it is being taught  When he gets a chance,
           he muses to the party 'Why would the mermen run to the lower
           decks like that?  Are we carrying something that attracts
           them?  Did they perhaps KNOW this ship and have dealings with
           it before?"

             Zep looks up from his work at the rigging just as the sailors
           get the anchor overboard.  "They like women.  Probably wanted
           to take them and kill the rest.  I suspect once they found
           their friends dead they wanted to take ship with them.  While
           upper deck is great for fire protection - it takes serious fire
           to burn up here aside from the sails due to the heavy board
           work.  Down below its a fire hazard and I'm sure they realize
           this as well.  If they could spread fire below fast enough
           to sink the ship they'd be happy.  But I'm only guessing here."

            Z'leyra first treats Ix's minor wounds and then casts a
          Sidh healing spell on her.  Her wounds heal up fully.

            Next she works on Mae but for some reason the herbs are
          either bad or Mae's odd nature prevents her to take the
          full benefits of the healing skill.  So she casts a spell
          to heal that way and it heals slightly but is still there.

            Z'leyra then treats Raddok and casts a spell and it works
          fine but borderline success.  Raddok's wounds heal fully.

            Z'leyra then with help from Arawn treats her own two wounds.
          She then casts a spell on herself.  Her two wounds heal up
          fully and she is back to normal.

            Finally she moves to Fremea who while most would take it
          as a light wound to her frame it is moderate.  The healing
          skill works as best it can for non human and then she cast
          her healing spell which heals the fully wound completely.

            Z'leyra tells Mae that may not want to risk another
          healing but can try in the morning.

            Barbosa then runs up and reminds he is wounded.  With help
          from Arawn they treat the dwarf as best she can since she
          has no training in dwarf healng.  Then casts a spell to
          cast him healing half of his wound by 50%.   She'll try again
          tomorrow.

           [Apris 4th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 9:21 pm]

             When Dorhak gave the watch order Arawn nodded in assent,
           preparing to sleep through most of the day until his beloved
           night cloaked the sea in a reflection of stars and moonlight.
           Before he did however he swung by to visit with Mae.

             "The rats are growing scarce in the hold," he affably
           commented. "Hope you were able to sate yourself on the mermen.
           But let me know if your hunger starts to grow unreasonable.
           Though I'm sure some of the sailors might not mind your
           attention. But just let me know if that comes to pass so I can
           tend to them."

           [Apris 4th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 7:12 pm]

             Dorhak gathers the crew and passengers for a group
           meeting after spending time in his cabin letting his
           dinner get a bit cold as he worked on the details.

             "We are going to set watches for the nights.  Captain Damon's
           sailors shall be exempt from this duty."  He looks around.
           "Everyone on watch shall have weapons at hand, shields if you
           Have them, and Kiet?  Is it ok to leave the horns and whistles
           with the watch?  Use them if you can."

             "during the day, if you aren’t on duty, feel free to keep a
           lookout.  It wouldn’t surprise me to run into those scaly creatures
           again.  Or something worse.  Keep you weapons handy."

             "I will I’ll take the first watch, with Raddok and Ix.  Then
           Arawn, Mae, and Pyandalgor.  Third watch will be Fremea,
           Z’leyra, and Mournath.  Fourth watch will be Unali, Kiet, and
           Barbasa.  If you have any questions, bring them up to Z’leyra."

             Some wonder how Ix can even be on watch with her condition.  The
           mystery of hr blindness yet ability to see regardless intensifies.

           [Apris 5th, 1636TH]
           [Time: 7:09 am]

             Mae checks her wounds with Z'leyra and finds her wounds
           have naturally healed.  She is fully recovered.

             Z'leyra checks Barbosa and finds his wounds healed some.
           But she is able to cast a Sidh healing and finishes the
           job to heal him completely.

             Arawn approaches Raddok before breakfast.

             "I realize we'll likely be encountering other dwarves..we
           make it to where they're imprisoned. I figure that the more of
           us that are able speak with them the better. No pressure but
           would you be willing to allow me to learn the dwarven tongue
           from  you?"

             When Arawn requests learning Dwarf Elder from Raddok, he
           replies, "I will be glad to help, but my knowledge of the
           tongue is a bit   unpracticed as I haven't used it for a few
           years. I only spent   several months among them, and my
           knowledge is limited pretty much to mining discussions we had,
           and the sharing of a few old    tales. I have been refreshing
           my memory since I met Dorhak and Barbasa, which is good. I have
           not tried to teach it before, but you are welcome to whatever
           knowledge I have, since I believe you are respectful of the
           dwarven race. It would be good to have others to practice the
           language with. "

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update...Monday?

           GM:  Another short update.  Because the above posts and
                storms and delays on starting the update I did not
                have time to finish the next set of days/travel.  I
                will try that later.  I also need to wait for some
                answers from John/Arawn for updating his sheet.  I
                am off Monday so I will try for the next set of travel
                then and see if any encounters exist.  If not then
                move to the next poor.  The next 3 sections (IBT,
                Language and Watches) I keep for mainly to keep as
                reminder to you and myself.  Still time to add to
                or change IBT/Language.  Failure on Mae's Healing skill
                was just a bad roll.  So for rpg purpose I blame her
                half breed status? :) Lastly, I assume the loot will
                be sold next port since not commented on last update.
                If so I ran the figures and it is 313 Copper for the
                party unless done otherwise.

           GM: Mini IBT [Marqi 24 Present

                  Player        Skills
                Arawn        Study God's Eyes
                Dorhak       Seamanship *
                Fremea       Seamanship *
                Mournath     Spear - Fighting *
                IX           Dance *
                Pyan         Seamanship*, Eagle
                Raddok       Learn Seamanship, Then Dagger, Marentian
                Unali        Swimming *, Seaman *
                Z'leyra      Seamanship *

              * Notes that you can find a teacher/master for more points.

           GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or less
               Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th

                 Character           Date         Learning       Notes
               Raddok              Mar 26th   Marentian          Success
               Pyan                Mar 29th   Eagle from Corona  Fail
               Pyan                Mar  30th  Eagle from Corona  Success
               Kiet                Apr  3rd   Bhamotin           Success
               Unali               Apr  4th   Bhamotin from Kiet Success
               Fremea              Apr  5th   Bhamotin from Kiet Success

           GM: Watch Assignments:

                 First  ( 7-10pm) - Dorhak, Raddok, Ix
                 Second (10- 1am) - Arawn, Mae, Pyan
                 Third  ( 1- 4am) - Fremea, Z'leyra, Mournath
                 Fourth ( 4- 7am) - Unali, Kiet, Barbosa