[pnpgm] Game Update #31 - File #326 - Turn 2: Phase 3+4

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Wed Aug 15 01:23:19 CEST 2018



    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shman/1st Mate
..Barbasa.........Warror..Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
   Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

       Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
       Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #32 sequence (file #326)
       ----------------------------------------------------------------

       Admin Notes: None.
       ----------------------------------------------------------------
       [Recap]

         From Unali: [Re: Actions]
           When Unali surmises that two mermen are missing from deck and
           probably went down to the second deck, she will go after them
           quickly, daggers at the ready.

           Choosing to be quick rather than stealthy, she jumps down the
           stairs skipping a number of steps and landing somewhat heavily
           for someone as l ight as herself. The creaking of the
           floorboards is clearly hear throughout the ship.

           As soon as she spots the mermen, she rushes them, intent on
           killing both.

           [OOC: or in other words: Scott can run her as well as I can.]
         GM: Ack.  Yep.  That's how I figured she'd do except for jumping
             down stairs.  But for darmatic effect and you are an acrobat
             then that works! :)

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           Fremea is please her arrows are good. Then frowns a bit when
           she sees the two run down the stairs. That will not do and she
           takes off after them with her daggers out, she really doesn't
           want to smell smoke while she is sleeping. If there is not much
           room to fight, she use her martial arts to subdue the mermen,
           and if possible will save one to use her new spell on.
         GM: Ack.

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Kiet will activate his boots and foolishly go after the two
           submarining (well, going below decks anyway) and use his
           dagger...EL2 entangle if any stray ropes are about.  Another
           option is the Tumble spell from the boots...especially if it
           looks like they are gonna get us into more ser ious trouble.
         GM: Ack.

         From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
           Dorhak is pretty disappointed in his effort thus far...missing
           the fish  men.

           Keep trying, I guess.
         GM: Ack. Its just the roll of the dice. :<

         From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
           Raddok is relieved at Mournath's sudden appearance from behind
           him, as he's busy backstepping to avoid the merman's kick. When
           Mournath kills the merman, Raddok moves quickly to help Z'leyra,
           focusing his attention on the nearer of the two mermen (#13) in
           front of her (also the one now closest to the ship's wheelman),
           and his magically-enhanced battle skills are still helping him
           overcome his at-sea awkwardness, & keeping his shield covering
           his left side, he swings his mace at the (#13) merman's flank
           (or whatever's in reach, if the creature has seen Raddok & is
           turning toward him)
         GM: Ack.

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Defensive as long as two or more enemy may attack her, Z'leyra
           strikes with her war staff attempting to finish off her most
           wounded opponent. When down to one opponent she goes offensive,
           hoping to finish off that opponent so that she can go to help
           the rest of the party.
         GM: Ack.

         From MaE: [Re: Actions]
           Maelorna gives a very maliciously evil smile as she kills the
           creature  and can't stop herself as she kills it, the voice
           screaming at her to  stop and feed on it, but she wants to see
           what it looks like dead.  She reaches down and dips her
           fingers into the blood and tastes it  before looking about and
           seeing more toys to play with.  She starts  to drag the
           trident along the deck behind her, letting it scrape  noisily.
         GM: Ack.

       -------------------------------------------------------------
       [New Stuff]

           [Apris 4th, 1636TH]

           [Time: 9:41:19 am]
           [Turn 2: Phase 3]

             Kiet activates his magical boots.

             Now the fastest man alive, well at least the ship,
           runs forward toward the stairs.  Kiet rounds the corner and
           enters the stairs. Running at 30 feet per second now he
           passes Pyan in a whirl.  He barely has time to even
           adjust to watching the steps as he descends.  In fact
           he miss-steps and goes flying forward toward the far
           wall.  At this speed though its a hard impact.  He
           slams into the wall and slides off it a bit dazed.
           He sees stars in front of his eyes.  But he also sees
           the two mermen dash  into a room.  The only thing to
           save his neck from breaking is his acrobat spin to put
           less of his center of gravity to the wall for damage.
           Kiet can hear Pyan gasp at the impact but doens't have
           tiem to say anything.  He stands and runs down the
           hall.

             Kiet reaches down.  Did he drop his dagger?  No.  Good.
           He runs north into the north berth room and watches as
           a merman slams a oil bubble thing like the one they used
           on the sails onto the blankets on the floor.  That mermen
           then turns to grab the oil lantern he grabbed from the
           ceiling in the hallway.  But the other one raises his
           trident in a diagonal way to block Kiet.

             Kiet has a split second to decide.  Take on the
           merman with the larger weapon or use his new speed
           to simply dash and finish the other one off?  If he
           does the second one he is open to attack by th e
           blocker.  Kiet knows this room is wood but hard wood.
           The costs would take time to burn.  Bt once they
           do the ship is ablaze.  Yet he might have enough time
           to douse out the fire with his speed doing a quick dance
           he saw Ix do.

             Kiet also knows that Pyan is behind him.  What's the
           worse that could happen?  A stab to the neck and
           be killed?  Arawn or Z'leyra could save him...probably.
           But the ship once in fire would be difficult to save.

             Kiet stabs the blocker in the lower left abdomen doing
           3 points of damage with his daggger.  But not enough to
           down the man.

             Fremea places her bow on her back and flies toward the
           stairs after the two who went below.  She grabs her
           dagger as she flies and lands at the top of the stairs
           next to Pyan.  She rolds her wings and begins the
           descent down by foot.

             Zol'Zim nudges Ix and moves a few feet forward toward
           the others in hope to help the others.

             Z'leyra swings on the wounded #15 and hits doing the
           final damage to kill him.

             Unali runs toward the stairs and rounds the corner.  She
           almost hits Pyan but moves aside and sees Fremea just
           a few steps down.  Using her acrobatic skill she weaves
           between Pyan and Fremea.  Then leaps to the  bottom of the
           stairs where she ends up.

             Arawn enters the hatch into the hold.  He steps a few
           feet forward and glances up at the still open cargo
           shaft.  A whiff of smoke seems to faintly touch his
           nose.  Something inside or outside is burning.  But
           he does not see smoke top side.  Since the ship is
           movin gforward the smoke is going to the back not the
           forward area where hold is.  But Arawn's keen ears can
           fainlty hear the grunts and groans of men working greatly
           in some manal labor.  This is different than the grunts
           of combat.  Arawn deduces that if one is to take out a
           ship one has to take out the sails.  He doens't know
           how but maybe the rigging is damaged or..on fire.  He
           quickly considers his options.

             Mae leans down and takes a finger full of blood to taste.
           Maybe they have some disease but it is rather salty and
           tangy.  She then steps away dragging the trident with
           her toward the rigging area.

             Mournath runs to help Z'leyra and ends up just
           behind Raddok.

             Ix moves to the starboard side of the ship to help
           Barbosa.

             Raddok attacks #13 with his mace and hits the already
           wounded merman doing enough damage to kill him.

             Pyan sees Unali gracefully jump the steps and then
           Kiet slam into the steps.  He is a hunter not a crazed
           acrobat.  So he runs gently down the steps.  He heads
           down the hallway he saw Kiet go down.  It doesn't take
           him long to find kiet.  Raising spear he rushes in and
           tries to help out but the room is very small.  He
           squeezes past Kiet and raises his spear at the mereman
           hitting him right dead center in the neck.  The creature
           takes 22 points of daamge.  The merman falls toward the
           north east part of the room onto a bunk just passing the
           lantern.  Kiet glances over and grins noting not to make
           Pyan mad at him.

             The three sailors finally level the riggin onto the
           deck.  They release the ropes and pulleys and dash for
           the nearby barrel .  All three heave and pick up the
           barrrel full of water and begin to move toward the
           burning sails.  As they near one of the men guides the
           water spilling from the barrel onto the sails.  But
           it will take time to douse the entire set of sails.

             Dorhak swings his mace at #11 and hits in his left side
           doing 18 points of damage killing the creature.  Who needs
           this sea skills to fight when a large mace can do the job!
           Plus it doesn't hurt to be a foot away and behint he
           creature.

             Barbosa swings his own mace at #14 and hits right dead
           center in his chest doing the damage to kill him.

             The last merman on deck sees his chances go down
           as he quickly becomes outnumbered.  He leaps onto
           the lockers and runs on top of them.  Hoping to get
           to the railng and leap off.

             Down below the last mermen alive grabs the lantern
           and slams it into the ground.  The blankets erupt
           into flames.  He then grabs his trident and swings
           it at Kiet but fails to hit.


           [Time: 9:41:23 am]
           [Turn 2: Phase 2]

             Arawn casts a tempest storm spell high above the
           ship in hopes to douse the fire.

             Ix raises her wrist and activates her bracelet.  Soon
           a set of chain lightning strikes the mermen as he is
           running past.  The bolts of elecricity fry the creature
           doing 26 points of damage.

              Kiet tries to shove past the mermen to douse the
            flames but the creature is too strong.

              Unali runs to join Pyan and Kiet.  She finds both
            men are blocking her.  She yells to Kiet who is right
            in front of the mermen to duck.  Kiet does and Unali
            throws both of her daggers at the creature. One dagger
            hits the wall but the other hits in the left shoulder
            doing 14 points of damage.

              The last merman alive swings at Kiet but is weak about
            to die and fails to hit.

              Some on deck watch the smoking merman on the deck while
            others move to help the sailors.
           [

           Time: 9:41:26 am]
           [Turn 2: Phase 3]

             Kiet moves past the dying merman and dances over the
           the flaming blankets.  The speed of his boots prevents
           him taking any seroius damage and douses out the flames.

             Pyan stabs the dying mermen and kills him.

             Above the ship a quick storm erupts.  It lasts for about
           45 seconds and douses the flames.  But sadly it also rains
           into the hold creating a small layer of water under Arawn.

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update...Friday...

           GM: End of combat!  Congrats folks.  Next time hopefully
               things will get worse I mean...better.  I'm off Friday
               so I'll do a mini update with experience and update
               sheets.  I would do now but just out of time to do
               so in this update.  STay tuned!


           GM: Player comments:

               Arawn - Sadly now got a small flood in hold to
                 clean up.  I got your email but will try to get
                 it done in a day or two.  Hopefully its noting
                 for this update?

               Ix - I hope use of bracelet was good I've not seen
                 you in skype in ages so figured it would be best.


           GM: Mini IBT [Marqi 24 Present

                  Player        Skills
                Arawn        Study God's Eyes
                Dorhak       Seamanship *
                Fremea       Seamanship *
                Mournath     Spear - Fighting *
                IX           Dance *
                Pyan         Seamanship*, Eagle
                Raddok       Learn Seamanship, Then Dagger, Marentian
                Unali        Swimming *, Seaman *
                Z'leyra      Seamanship *

              * Notes that you can find a teacher/master for more points.

           GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or less
               Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th

                 Character           Date         Learning       Notes
               Raddok              Mar 26th   Marentian          Success
               Pyan                Mar 29th   Eagle from Corona  Fail
               Pyan                Mar  30th  Eagle from Corona  Success
               Kiet                Apr  3rd   Bhamotin           Success
               Unali               Apr  4th   Bhamotin from Kiet Success
               Fremea              Apr  5th   Bhamotin from Kiet Success

           GM: Player Damage

                 Player     Damage
               IX           1
               Fremea       6
               Barbosa      16
               Mae          5
               Raddok       6
               Z'leyra      6+1



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20180814/1bd91fe3/attachment.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list