[pnpgm] Game Update #31 - File #318 - Merman Combat Turn 2: Ph ase 1+2

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sat Aug 11 01:33:04 CEST 2018



    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shman/1st Mate
..Barbasa.........Warror..Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion 
to Z'leyra                         [First Mate]
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

       Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
       Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #31 sequence (file #318)
       ----------------------------------------------------------------

       Admin Notes: None.
       ----------------------------------------------------------------
       [Recap]

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Kiet will move back to the bow of the ship toward the new group
           of mermen.  He will cast an EL2 entangle spell if any are near
           the piles of rope, or an abandon, if not.

           Kiet will also recast his Iron skin spell in PH6.

           Kiet is happy enough to fight a merman that also only has a
           dagger  to fight with...an interesting experience.  Knife
           fight.
         GM: Ack.  Ever seen a cruise ship rope pile?  Takes forklifts to
             move.  So a entangle spell might not work well with that huge
             mess.  For this ship is probably half the size but its still
             bigger than most men's legs are around.

         From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
           Our heroic Captain will do the honorable thing and go help his
           dwarf  kin, Barbosa.
         GM: Ack.

         From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
           [OOC: still learning how to figure two phases & how much to put
           in  to cover unexpectancies. If I put in too much, at least you
           kinda  know what he's thinking he might need to do next -
           thoughts can be  faster than action. I appreciate our GM's
           ability to fill in our   actions & to help me not feel too
           stupid at my slow learning, but I hope Raddok lives through
           this (lol)]

           Phases 5 & 6

           Raddok has no idea why several of the mermen vanished, but
           he's relieved as he continues to focus on merman #5 in front of
           him, hoping the upwelling of alertness & dexterous energy that
           he had suddenly felt  (the battle magic, which he didn't
            recognize, as it's new to him) will   improve his fighting
            skills on the slowly rocking deck, making the short rush
            forward to strike the creature with his shield with his full
            weight, bracing it with both arms until contact, in an effort
            to knock the merman back & block the axe, then quickly using
            his     mace to strike around the shield at the merman's ribs
            & body.     He will strike at least twice, & three times (if
            there's time     during the 2 phases, & if it's needed to
            disable the merman). He     continues to keep his shield over
            his left ribs to protect his injury, as well as to block any
            weapon strikes. He does not      understand why someone called
            out not to kill these attackers,      so he will try to kill
            #5, unless someone again tells him not to      kill, then he
            will try to strike it unconscious or only seriously injured.
            (But he really doesn't like  leaving a living enemy behind
            him.)

            IF he's successful at stopping #5 merman, & seeing that Dorhak
            has gone to help Barbosa, Raddok will turn & run left (he's
            been facing the stern) to help Z'leyra with mermen #13 & 17
            in front of her, or if   she's clear, ask the seaman at the
            wheel if he should stay near    him for protection. He will
            not see the sails on fire unless he has     time to glance
            toward Barbosa. He will do what the seaman at the     wheel
            suggests (unless Z'leyra or Captain Dorhak call to him with
             orders) - stay near the wheelman, help Barbosa or help with
             the      fire, but whichever, he keep his weapons ready for
             anything he  cannot see beyond the lockers center-ship,
             and swiftly looks around to see if anyone at the stern again.
         GM: Ack.  You are doing fine.  Some PCs I can run almost blind
             on auto pilot like Unali.  Been with me so long I know
             their sop well.  While others like Arawn may surprise me.
             But your doing fine.   Combat is fast.  Each phase is only 3
             seconds.  So one must imagine what you can do in 3 seconds.
             Not great speeches.  But you could swing a axe.  Combat is
             in 2 modes Offensive and Defensive.  You will see how
             Z has stated in past which mode.  Above as I gather it you
             are using Shield as a weapon not defensive.  So this will
             put you at a slight disadvantage to attack since losing a great
             asset to defense.  But even weapons can be used as defense
             through Parry.  But as far as posting one can be as elaborate
             as above or just say 'use shield to bash bad guy'. :)  One
             quick line.   Up to you.  But you are doing fine.

         From Mournath: [Re: Actions]
           [to GM] Is your 'dead count right'?  In the description you
           say Mourn' kills one but it's not reflected in the body count
           after.

           [Thinking]
           Knowing that fire on board a ship is never a good sign, and
           well.. .there goes the sails now!  That fire has to be stamped
           out, but a man can't leave his back to the enemy while attending
           to business.  Nothing for it but to ...

           [action]
           Mournath continues to fight the closest targets to himself
           while edging towards where the fire is blazing.  He hopes to
           polish off the ones on him, then attend to the fire as best as
           he can - likely cutting the lower rigging so the sails only
           attachment point is high and away from the ship so that it can
           possibly be put out by the wind.
         GM: Ack.   IT is possible that I..I mean the dwarves of course..
             make mistakes.  But I did double check the stats twice.  Having
             to keep up with 30+ tokens on a map is a bit tricky.  But
             I'm 90% sure I'm correct.  But its possible  I show you killed
             #4 and got that credit.  He's marked dead so dunno.  :<  If
             you have a specific error you spot let me know.  My staff has
             been quite rebelious recently.  So they need order!  Good post.
             But for this ship they'd lower the rigging down literally
             to the deck so top would be on deck.  Using the pulley and
             ropes doing this fast.  Then using a nearby barrel would
             douse out the flames.  It would be impossible to douse out
             flames on rigging that tall from ground.  So this is why
             they need to lower it flat onto the deck.

         From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
           A footnote: Raddok will, whether in phases 5-6 or 7-8, as
           soon as he is able in either case, WILL speak to the seaman at
           the wheel,  in his new Marentian language, "You want I stay? Or
           go?" [OOC: I  think that matches his EL in Marentian at this
           point.] He dislikes eaving the unarmed seaman alone.
         GM: Ack. That works and yes probably could say that in one phase.


         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Regretting that she hadn't started off by casting
           clairvoyance, Z'leyra will fight defensively as long as she is o
           utnumbered by those attacking her. When just one on one she will
           go offensive and once all her opponents are down will go to
           help others.
         GM: Ack.


       -------------------------------------------------------------
       [New Stuff]

           [Apris 4th, 1636TH]

           [Time: 9:41:13 am]
           [Turn 1: Phase 5]

             Fremea fires her bow at the mermen at the bow of the ship.
           The arrow leaves the bow and magically divides up into 4
           more copies.  Four of the arrows hit their targets while the
           last goes wild into the water.

             Arrow #1 hits Merman #21 in the left lower abdomen going
           deep doing 22 points of damage killing the merman.

              Arrow #2 hits Merman #20 right in the neck doing 18 points
            of damage.  The Merman falls on brink of death. but by time
            folks get to him he'll be dead - bled out.

              The last 2 arrows hit Merman #23 once in lower left abdomen
            doing 26 points and middle right chest doing only 1 point but
            its the first arrow that kills the merman.

              Mae casts her spell at Merman #16 right in front of her
            and smiles as she finishes the words.   The inner voice
            cackles as the trident welding merman collapses onto the deck
            writhing in pain.  The spell is too powerful he can't even
            move any of his muscles.  Mae stands over the downed creature
            and steps to the other side to have his body in between her legs.
            As she does she steps on what is the most sensitive male spot
            most have and is grateful to discover the man cringes in more
            pain proving the merman is equipped there.  She reaches down
            and grabs the trident.  She has no skill in such.  But can
            a person really aim over a defenseless person?

              Corona dives for another Merman in the bow but he is able to
            duck just in time and he misses his claw attack

              Zol Zim comes the 10 feet toward Ix and stands by her
            side still with a bit of blood on his face.  He snuggles
            up against her ready to protect her.

              Z'leyra raises her staff in a diagonal stance but as she
            does she hits the Merman #13's left breaking it for 14
            points of damage as she half strikes him.

              Unali simply side steps a few feet left and stabs at the
            next 2 mermen #25 and #26.  She can do this all day side
            step, stab, repeat.  First magical dagger hits merman #25
            in the neck doing 20 points killing him instantly.  The
            other magical dagger hits #26 doing 30 points in the left
            top chest area killing the second merman.

              Arawn scans the deck above and sees the mermen being
            handled.  Then looks below.  This causes him a bit dizzy
            standing in the 'open' with water below as the boards
            are 'invisible' to his sight.  But he sees no mermen just
            fish swimming about.   Arawn ends the spell and moves
            as quickly as he can to the hold.  Moving with spell
            active would be dangerous as he'd hit walls and such.

              Mournath moves around Raddok and tries to spear #5
            but fails to hit.

              Kiet moves back to the bow but doesn't want to get too
            close and be overrun but close enough to cast a spell.
            He watches as 3 then 2 more die from arrows and Unali.
            He hopes there are enough left over!

              Ix pets the wolf and looks around she sees the men
            nearby that might be Raddok and the dwarf.  She is
            still trying to figure out what is going on and who
            is what.

              Raddok grabs his shield with both hands and bashes at
            the merman #5 causing the creature to fall to the deck.

              Pyan moves to attack Merman #22 at the bow but fails
            to hit with his spear.

              Brutto leaps over the lockers and runs to the sails.
            Now with 3 sailors here they unlatch the rigging at
            the base and begin to gently lower the rigging down but
            it will take a few seconds.

              Dorhak sees that Raddok and Mounrth should finish
            off the last one in his area and moves to help his
            fellow dwarf on the other side of ship.

              Barbosa tries to hit one of the ones around him
            but fails to hit.

              Two of the mermen at the bow, one near Pyan ignore him,
            dash for the stairs.  They both enter below deck intent
            on their evil plans.

              The last mermen at the bow still alive moves toward
            the rigging and Finn.  The merman swings his weapon but
            Finn kicks out as he holds the rope to the rigging
            tight in his hands.  This causes the mermen to miss.

              The downed merman grabs for his weapon and kicks out
            at Raddok to knock him backwards as he tries to stand.

              Both mermen at Z'leyra strike but fail to hit her.

              One of the three mermen hits Barbosa while the other 2
            miss.  He takes another 6 points of damage to his left
            chest with the spiked club.




           [Time: 9:41:13 am]
           [Turn 1: Phase 6]

             Kiet watches the two mermen run down the stairs.  By
           now all should be on deck except Arawn where ever he is.
           So he should be fine the only issue is lanterns, oil and
           bed sheets that burn.  But Kiet is likely the only one
           to notice the 2 run down stairs.  He debates to give chase
           but it is dangerous so casts a iron skin spell again.

             Fremea raises her bow but doesn't find any good targets that
           aren't near other allies.  She puts her bow on her back
           and pulls her dagger out.

             Z'leyra swings at one of her attacks but fails to hit.

             Unali moves toward the one attacking Finn and backstabs
           the poor merman both daggers doing 17 and 10 points killing
           the merman.

             Arawn weaves through the inner bowls toward the hatch
           at the hold area.  He ends up a few feet from it.

             Mae smiles down at the mermen in pain and pretends
           she doesn't know how to use the trident.  The pointy
           end should be there.  She points it at the mermen's
           neck.  Simple pressure. How easy it would be to just
           kill him.  She glances up and sees more mermen to
           fight and now the fire.  She would love to toy with
           this one but the others may need help.  She leans
           into the trident and the trident stabs into his
           neck killing the hapless creature.

             Mournath stabs #5 with his spear in the middle
           chest and kills the already wounded merman.

             Raddok runs to go help Z'leyra as #5 falls dead.

             Pyan looks confused the mermen was afraid?  He then
           turns and sees Kiet pointing to the stairs.  Pyan moves
           there but 2 vs 1.  Maybe he'll wait for backup before
           gong below?  But he ends up at the top of the stairs.

             The three sailors lower and lower the rigging.  Now
           it is about 5 feet off the ground at a hefty angle causing
           some sore muscles to ache.

             Dorhak gets behind one of the mermen attacking
           Barbosa and swings his mace but fails to hit.

             Barbosa does hit but the damage is light that the
           natural body of the merman protects him.

             Now there are only 3 around Barbosa, 2 around Z'leyra and
           2 below deck somewhere.

             The two fighting Z'leyra fail to hit her.

             The three around Barbosa attack him but 2 fail to hit
           while the 3rd does hit with trident in center chest
           doing 8 more points to the dwarf.

              The two below dash down the hallway.

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update...Tuesday/Wednesday

           GM: Since I was off today and I had enough posts aside from
               Arawn (but got info via chat)) I decided to do the update
               today instead of tomorrow and give myself a free day to
               chill.  :)  Right now there are only 5 on deck and 2
               below deck.  I had considered doing a couple more phases
               but it may take 3 or 4 more depending so didn't.  This will
               allow you guys to react.

               Speaking of free time I have allocated my 39 days of vacation
               from Sept-Dec.  That's about 9 days a month.  This will give
               me 3, 4 or even a rare 5 day weekend.  I am off Tue/Wed
               normally.  So for Monday (Sept-Dec) I have 15 of the 18
               Mondays off.  For Thursday I have 14 of the 17 Thursdays off.
               For Friday I have 4 so (4.  This means I'll be able to do
               updates faster Monday and Thur/Fri.  Assuming my staff
               wakes up in time and such.


           GM: Mermen Info
                3 around Barbosa/Near Dorhak
                2 around Z'leyra/Near Raddok
                2 below deck.

           GM: Player comments:

               Arawn - You are about 10 feet from Forward Hold and the
                 hatch to the insides/bowels.  Then once inside can
                 probably smell smoke and look up via the cargo hatch
                 to the top deck (2 decks up) and deduce fire.  Thus
                 your plan will be done soon after.  BUT keep in mind
                 the thing you create may not work.  I was thinking on it
                 and it'd be stationary and ship is moving.  So it would
                 depend on if its a instant effect or not. :<  Else to
                 move to the top deck probably take 3 phases.

               Dorhak - Will assume help Barbosa.

               Fremea - You probably saw the two go down stairs.
                 You can help the ones in rear or go after them?

               Ix - Unsure if wanna help Z or Dorhak with those or do
                  something else? Didn't see ya in chat.
                  Sorry about not posting your actions in the actual
                  update section I had them in my notes file but didn't
                  cut/paste to the actual section for new stuff.  Or
                  rather the dwarves helpers I have didn't blame them!
                  Was going to use bracelet but with others in the way
                  like Z it might be risky.

               Kiet - Do you go after those 2 that went down with Pyan
                  and probably Unali? I suspect unali will beat both of
                  you down since she moves faster.

               Mournath - Will assume you go help Z and then Barbosa?

               Mae - Do you go help the cute sailors with the sails
                 or go help Barbosa?

               Raddok - Assume will help Z then Barbosa.

               Unali - Assume will go down stairs to find the 2 that
                 escaped or do you help with sails or Barbosa?
                 Will assume stairs if no posted actions..

               Z'leyra now that Raddok is nearby do you go offensive for
                 your two then help Barbosa?

               Dorhak  - Assume help Barbosa.


           GM: Mini IBT [Marqi 24 Present

                  Player        Skills
                Arawn        Study God's Eyes
                Dorhak       Seamanship *
                Fremea       Seamanship *
                Mournath     Spear - Fighting *
                IX           Dance *
                Pyan         Seamanship*, Eagle
                Raddok       Learn Seamanship, Then Dagger, Marentian
                Unali        Swimming *, Seaman *
                Z'leyra      Seamanship *

              * Notes that you can find a teacher/master for more points.

           GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or less
               Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th

                 Character           Date         Learning       Notes
               Raddok              Mar 26th   Marentian          Success
               Pyan                Mar 29th   Eagle from Corona  Fail
               Pyan                Mar  30th  Eagle from Corona  Success
               Kiet                Apr  3rd   Bhamotin           Success
               Unali               Apr  4th   Bhamotin from Kiet Success
               Fremea              Apr  5th   Bhamotin from Kiet Success

           GM: Seamanship Info
                 As explained by Z'leyra those without Seamanship skill
               will suffer 50% reduction in OCV/DCV and all Weapon ELs
               for a moving ship.  Here is a current list of who does
               not have such skill.

               Fremea, Zol'Zim, Mae, Ix, Raddok, Pyan, Dorhak, Barbosa

           GM: Spell Info
               Current Turn  : 1
               Current Phase : 4

                 Player      Spell      Spell Ends
               Arawn      Battle Mind   Phase  25
               Kiet       Iron Skin     Phase  10
               Fremea     Multiple Arr  Phase  13
               Z'leyra    Speed -Boots  Phase  20

               Battle Mind: Pyan, Raddok, Ix, Mournath

           GM: Player Damage

                 Player     Damage
               IX           1
               Fremea       6
               Barbosa      16
               Mae          5
               Raddok       6
               Z'leyra      6+1

           GM: Player's Ship Map

           Scale = 1 Hex=    - 10 feet
                   1 Row     -  5 feet
                   1 Column  -  5 feet

       * First Deck (Top Deck)
         1         2
12345678012345678901234
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ A   = [F 6] - Stairs to second deck ( 5'x10')
\__/ ____________  __/  B   @ [F12] - Rigging               (30'x30')
/   /            \   \_ C  ~~ [F 6] - Port Gangplank pullway area
\_ / []   U      o\  /  D  ~~ [F20] - Starboard Gangplank pullaway area
/ /                \ \_ E     (Railing is able to be removed here)
\_IK =    @        I_/  F
/ I      @@@       I \_ G   # [N12] = STorage/Gear lockers  (5'x5')
\_I      S at S       I_/  H     Locker is 5 feet tall with interior shelves
/ I       S   X    I \_ I
\ ~~            M ~~_/  j   U4-U20 - Start of poop deck (raised by 3
/ I                I \_ K     feet so have to step up.
\_I    #      #    I_/  L
/ Io   #      #   oI \_ M   * [T11] - Wheel station (raised 3 feet)
\_Io   ########   oI_/  N
/ I    #      #Bm  I \_ O  [] [D 6] - Hatch to 3rd floor hold
\_I    #      #mm  I_/  P     Shaft is 8' by 8' and 22 feet deep
/ I%$Iz        D  %I \_ Q     from top deck
\_Io              oI_/  R
/ Io E      R Z   oI \_ S  o - Rope piles (heavy dock rock) to tie
\_I      **   mm   I_/  T      up ship to dock depending on side docks are
/ I_______S________I \_ U
\_I                I_/  V  % - Anchors (Q4, Q21) heavy metal anchors
/ I________________I \_ W  X - [I12] - Cooking area
\__/  \__/  \__/  \I_/  X  $-- [Q5] - Secret hatch to smuggler's hold
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ Y      hidden by Anchor/Ropes
         1         2
12345678012345678901234


  Players - * - Denotes not on this map but Coordinates show placement
    Arawn     - *[E10]  [-2 Below deck in bowels
    Fremea      *[---]  [F] Bow/Dagger On deck not in Air [In Air]
    Ardrackle -  [I12]  [S]                Barbosa   -  [O17t] [B] Mace/Shield
    Brutto    -  [H14]  [S]  Sword         Finn      -  [H11]  [S]
    Dorhak    -  [Q17]  [D]  Mace/Shield   Kiet      -  [F 4]  [K]  Dagger
    Mae       -  [J18]  [M]                Mournath  -  [S 6]  [E]  Sp/Sh
    Pyan      - *[F 6]  [P]  Spear         Raddok    -  [S14]  [R]  MAce/Sh
    Unali     -  [D12]  [U]  Daggers       Z'leyra   -  [S16]  [Z]  Staff
    Zepp      -  [U12]  [S]                Ix           [Q 6]  [I]  Dagger
    Zol'Zim   -  [Q 7]  [z]                Corona       [Sky]


  Mermen - Tri - Trident, Dag-Dagger, SpC - Spiked Club
    #11- [m] - [P17]  Spc       #12- [m] - [P18] Trident
    #13- [m] - [T16]  Spc       #14- [m] - [O18] Axe
    #15- [m] - [T17]  Spc       #16- [-] -*[---] Trident
    #22  [-]  *[---]  Trident

    #11, 12, 14 - By Barbosa
    #13, 15     - By Z'leyra
    #16, 22     - Down stairs second deck


Forgot to update the TUrn # above
will do next update.
This is actually Turn 2
phase 1+2 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20180810/8f616946/attachment.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list