[pnpgm] Game Update #36 - File # 263- Hillsman combat phase 1+2

Wout Broere broere at powersandperils.org
Tue Jan 5 17:26:45 CET 2016


Unali  will follow on horse, but expects that Fremea flying ahead gets 
there first.

On 05-01-16 08:22, pnpgm wrote:
> s
>    HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/N;;tes  Sex
>    -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
>    R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
>    --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
>    R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
> W2R2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
>    R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
>    R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
> W3R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
>       Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra
>
>        Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
>        Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing
> list)
>        Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net
>
>        Game Update #36 sequence (file #263)
>        ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>        Admin Notes: None.
>        ----------------------------------------------------------------
>        [Recap]
>
>          From Pyan: [Re: Actions]
>            Pyan will go shopping for new armor. He is tempted by the (to
>            him)exotic  armors but decides to stick to what he is use to and
>            buys Quilted armor.
>          GM: Ack.  Done.  8 CC.  You have around 6 Gold so if you want to
>              buy other stuff let me know.
>
>          From Wout: [Re: Helping Tobie]
>            Dear Tobie,
>            Go ahead and post on the general pnp list as well if
>            you like. Hopfuly 2016 will be a better year for you.
>          GM: Ack. Yeah I've suggested some ways to get better coverage.
>              Some Podcasters on Twitch do charity all the time.  As
>              well as some good Facebook pages.  I hope it goes well
>              for all of us but especially Jill.
>
>          From David: [Re: Actions]
>            I will be unavailable Saturday and Sunday while I travel for
>            work. I will only have limited access (mornings and late
>            evenings) to email while I am gone...for three months.
>
>            Assuming that Kiet's horse has his reins wrapped around
>            something (even his picket stake), Kiet goes after his javelins
>            first.  "Don't kill them all, but I'm going after the bowmen
>            first!"  Kiet then activates his boots for speed and runs
>            between Where Unali and Kell are currently on the map, and
>            travel northwest about 90', then turn southwest toward
>            northernmost bowman and ready javelin by tapping gem twice
>            for Fatal Spear.  Aim for his horse.  If any of the swordsmen
>            attempt to cut me off, his horse becomes the target of the
>            javelin and I move to stay out of his reach, and continue
>            toward bowman.
>
>            That should take at least three phases....?
>
>            Kiet will continue toward the second bowman, activating his
>            second javelin and aim for the man this time.  Then draw tulwar
>            and head for any live bowmen....kill the first, capture one
>            alive.  Cast abandon on him if necessary.
>
>            Use rings in emergency only.
>          GM: Ack.  Have fun on your trip.  Hopefully a certain country
>              that sounds like Tran won't do much to you there.  But if
>              so good luck! :)  BTW Goblin sword has abandon on it but
>              would need to carry it in hand and javelins so that's fine.
>
>          From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
>            Oh, yeah...dodge and weave all the way...
>          GM: Ack. Darn! I thought you were just playing rodeo clown.  :)
>
>          From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
>            Z'leyra says "Apparently." Then yells "Prepare to fight!" She
>            stands and readies her Greatsword. Then triggers her boots
>            Speed enchantment. She will melee aggressively any  enemies
>            that come close to the party, let the others deal with the
>            archers for now. [She will also try to throw off the horsemen
>            by telling their horses to buck them off when she fights the
>            riders.]
>          GM: Ack.
>
>        ------------------------------------------------------------
>        [New Stuff]
>
>            [Aratad Province - Hills]
>            [Decalis 19th, 1634TH]
>
>            [Time: 12:26:00 pm]
>            [Phase 0]
>
>              Kiet stares at the approaching riders so bold to do this in
>            broad daylight.  "Don't kill them all, but I'm going after the
>            bowmen first!"
>
>              Z'leyra hears Kell's words and nods, "Apparently." Then yells
>            "Prepare to fight!"  Z'leyra moves to her horse and draws her
>            great sword from the sword sheath.
>
>              Unali charges her horse and mounts up drawing her magical
> dagger.
>
>              Pyan heads to his horse and gets his bow and prepares an arrow
>            from his quiver on his back.
>
>            [Time: 12:26:03 pm]
>            [Phase 1]
>
>              The Hill archers fire their bows at Pyan and Arawn.  But both
>            arrows fly and miss impacting on the ground a few feet from
>            each person.
>
>              Pyan fires back at HIllsman #2 with his bow.  But his own
>            arrow firing at long range goes astray and he also misses.
>
>              Z'leyra draws her great sword and turns toward the men
>            on horses and runs straight for them.
>
>              Kiet grabs his javelins and runs west between Unali on her
>            horse and Kell.  He turns north west and moves a bit in
>            that direction and turns south east.  This actually make
>            shim about 15 feet ahead of Z'leyra.  But due to being behind
>            the others he did not fire his javelins yet or risk hitting
>            the others.  But now he is prepared to do so.
>
>              Unali kicks her horse into gear moving west ending up about
>            8 feet in front of Z'leyra and 5 feet behind Kiet.
>
>              Startled by the yelling Corona wakes up and flies skyward
>            moving westward trying to figure out what is going on.
>
>              Fremea takes to the sky and flies toward the west as well
>            drawing a arrow and preparing it.  Finally she can do some
>            aerial combat for a change.
>
>              The Hills folk are clearly surprised and shocked by the
>            4 people rushing toward them.  Why would two of them
>            RUN to them and one odd flying thing toward them?  Are
>            these folks mad?  The 5 men seem startled but undaunted
>            by the surprise move for only second.  The 3 riders move
>            eastward.  Rider #1 ends up about 5 feet from Kiet.
>
>              At the same time Rider #3 moves straight for Z'leyra.
>           The rider moves his horse just a second quick enough and
>           thrusts at Z'leyra's right upper chest piercing her magical
>           chainmail doing 5 points of damage.
>
>              Rider #5 moves east and ends up about 8 feet west of
>            Fremea.
>
>              The Archers know they need to get closer to get better
>            shots but these people are moving fast.
>
>              Rider #2 follows Rider #5 using him as a possible
>            shield and ends up about 8 feet behind him.  But now
>            this archer is only 20 feet due south of Kiet.
>
>              Rider #4 moves at the same time as #2 and ends up
>            about 4 feet behind #2 again due south of Kiet.
>
>              Arawn drawing up Sword and Shield move westward running
>            and dodging a bit.
>
>              Kell looks back and sees only Pyan left.  He decides
>            the hunter will need protection.  He draws up his
>            shield and holds his spear.  "Behind me and fire at
>            them if possible."
>
>              Pyan comes a few feet closer and grabs another arrow.
>
>            [Time: 12:26:06 pm]
>            [Phase 2]
>
>              Kiet sees the archers move into perfect position.  But
>            this one rider only feet to his right could hit him any
>            second.  He only has a split second to decide.  So he
>            decides on both.  He throws his javelin straight for the
>            nearest archer, Rider #2 and hits his horse as planned.
>            The horse lurches in mid stride and falls forward dead
>            before his head hits tits the ground.  The archer goes
>            flying forward flailing his arms wildly.  He goes shoulder
>            first into the ground causing his quiver, sword and bow
>            to go flying in various directions.  But upon impact the
>            man takes 6 points of damaged and is stunned.
>
>              Fremea aims her own bow at Rider #5   The arrow flies
>            the 20 feet and hits the man right in his mouth and
>            slices into the back of his throat.  The man goes flying
>            backward from the head shot dead before he hits the ground.
>
>              Pyan fires on the second archer, Rider #4 and hits the
>            man in the left arm doing 8 points of damage taking ouu
>            his arm.
>
>              The second archer still on his horse feels his left arm
>            broken and gone so tosses his bow aside and draws his
>            sword.
>
>              Kiet raises his left hand and aims at Rider #1 setting off
>            the pinky ring.  The rider who is still moving eastward only
>            8 or so feet away suddenly bursts into flame.  The man is
>            tossed to the ground and rolls toward Kiet dead before he
>            hits the ground at 30 points of damage.
>
>              Z'leyra only 2 feet from Rider #3 uses both hands to
>            swing the sword upwards toward the rider but he dodges
>            just in time and the blade fails to hit.
>
>              Corona finally realizes what is going on and circles
>            the group about to act when he finds a target.
>
>              Unali sees the archers either down dazed or unable to
>            use their bows so moves the few feet toward Rider #3
>            attacking Z'leyra.  Drawing both daggers she slices toward
>            the man who is now at equal height of her.  The magical
>            and regular dagger hits the man and does deadly damage
>            many times over killing the man.
>
>              The last Hillsman on his horse suddenly sees his friend
>            all slain.  His own arm broken he decides to turn and flee
>            back west toward the nearest hill hoping to escape.
>
>              Arawn runs forward and finds the first archer on the
>            ground dazed and ensures he will not be moving.  He places
>            his sword at the man's chest.
>
>              Kell grins and waves Pyan forward and runs westward.
>
>            Actions?  Comments?
>
>            Next Update.....Friday...
>
>            GM: Ok.  That was a fast combat. :) The archer is almost
>                dead but dazed but pretty much captured unless you
>                guys decide to finish him off.  What to do with the
>                escaping Rider?  He is wounded but has some distance
>                away from you guys.  He is at least 70 feet or so
>                away from Kiet (long range for Javelin).   Even if
>                Corona could try to chase him down but those on foot
>                might not be able to catch up to him even with the
>                speed boots as the movement order dictates.  But
>                is possible.
>
>            GM: Fremea - Will assume you chase the rider and fire on him.
>
>                Kiet - Next phase you move toward and could get one
>                  swipe before he moves away.  If you throw now your
>                  at Long range and you can't move so you can take
>                  the chance to throw and not catch up later or catch
>                  up and try to swipe at him before he moves?
>
>                Unali - Will assume you try to catch him on your horse.
>                  the escaping Rider.
>
>                Pyan - Fleeing Rider is about 160 feet or so away
>                   I will assume you fire if able.
>
>                Z'leyra - Same as Kiet can chase and risk a swipe.
>                  What to with the almost dead archer?  Yelling
>                  at horses don't seem to do anything maybe they
>                  don't understand or not their masters?
>
>            GM: Spider Poison - Teleport was probably the best option
>                  as Arawn gave but he was tapped out so since no
>                  one took it up too late.  Poison not collected.
>                  Sorry.  Maybe next time.  Deadline over. :<
>
>            GM: Mana - I've updated mana up to this point all but Fremea
>                 are well almost full.  Fremea is around 91% only
>                 due to IBT spells cast recently.
>
>            GM: IBT: Updated as of Eured City (coming up)
>
>                   Player     Result
>                   Fremea     +1 Knowledge EL
>                   Arawn      +4 R/W Salaqi EL
>                   Pyan       +10 Marentian Language EL (now fluent)
>
>            GM: Spells -
>                                           Start      End
>                  Kiet     Boots speed    12:26:03   12:27:33
>                  Z'leyra  Boots speed    12:26:03   12:27:33
>
>            GM: Horse/Food : [When entering Eured - Future]
>
>                 Horses - Z'leyra's #2 pack horse and Kell's horse are
>                  not doing so well.  Due to exhaustion, weather
>                  and food limits not doing so well.  If need to
>                  replace the horse may need to do so.  It might
>                  be bad to ride.  Kell will replace his horse
>                  and buy a new one.  After a month of riding this
>                  is the result  Based on the numbers for food intake
>                  and exhaustion.  The folks trained in horse can tell
>                  it might be dangerous to ride past Eured.
>
>                 Food - Food has gone to almost nothing.
>                  Pyan, Arawn, Kiet, Kell (due to loaning others food)
>                  and Z'leyra all have no more rations at all.
>                  Keep this in mind when entering Eured.   See the
>                  agenda below for how long before Ticasi.
>
>            GM: 5th Leg of Travel Aratad City to Eured City
>
>                * Completed Journey
>
>                    Location/Terrain      Miles     Day
>                * Aratad City                 -     Dec 14
>                * Leave City                  -     Dec 15
>                * West - Plains            120    [4 Days]
>                * [End up at Fort]
>                  West - Hills              20    [-\]
>                  SW   - Hills              20    [-- 2 days]
>                  SW   - Plains             20    [-/]
>                  Enter Eured City          -     c. Dec 21
>
>            GM: 6th Leg of Travel Eured City to Shiben City
>
>                * Completed Journey
>
>                    Location/Terrain      Miles     Day
>                  [Off Road now]
>                  Eured City                  -     Dec 22
>                  South - Hills              40     [c  2 days]
>                  Enter Shiben city                 [c. 24]
>
>            GM: 7th Leg of Travel Shiben City to Ticasi City
>
>                * Completed Journey
>
>                    Location/Terrain      Miles     Day
>                  Shiben city                       Dec 25
>                  West - Plains             40      [c 1.5 days]
>                  Enter Ticasi City                 [c. Dec 27]
>
>            GM: Treasure Kept not sold (will return to this next update)
>
>                  2 2 Man Tents & Gear
>                  1 Gold Ring estimated value 2 gold?
>                  Cooking/Bedding Materials (Blankets, etc)
>
>            GM: People needing Directions Possible Combat map
>
>           1         2         3         4         5
> 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789
> /  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ A
> \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  B
> /  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ C
> \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  D
> /  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ E
> \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  F
> /  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ G
> \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ K\U_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  H
> /  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  Z__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ I
> \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  F__/  \_K/  \__/  \__/  \__/  J
> /  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ P\__/  \_ K
> \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ 2A__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  L
> / 4\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ M
> \__/  \__/  \__/  C__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  N
> /  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ O
> \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  P
>
>
> Legend - /I\ - North
>           Road East to West - Road is Rows A-E column 1-60
>
>     A - Arawn   [L25]           1 - [Dead]
>     F - Fremea  [J31] 10' up    2 - [L24] Bow Dazed
>     K - Kell    [J39]           3 - [Dead]
>     E - Kiet    [H24]           4 - [M4 ]
>     U - Unali   [H26]           5 - [Dead]
>     P - Pyan    [K51]
>     Z - Z'leyra [I28]           1-5 all on horseback
>     C - Corona  [N19] 20' up
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> pnpgm mailing list
> pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org
> http://www.powersandperils.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm
>



More information about the pnpgm mailing list