[pnpgm] Game Update #32 - File #229 - Final Combat in more ways than not..

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Mon Dec 14 21:37:34 CET 2015

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/N;;tes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
W2R2.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   W2.Julian.Draven.........Zabyra............Dancer..Normal/Human....Hu
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
W3R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R3 Npc...............YY..Trihs.Der.........Warrior.Normal/Human....Ma
   R3 Npc...............YY..Reddof Nonnac.....Warrior.Dead../Human....Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #32 sequence (file #229)

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Yes, Kiet will move back toward the camp and then toward
           the nearest enemy to attack it.

           Afterward, when things calm down, "Thanks, Z, for the help!"
         GM: Ack.

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           To distract the spider from possibly finishing off the
           paralyzed Unali, Z'leyra uses her firestone to cast a Fire
           Dart at it. Then running towards the remaining spiders she
           will hit the spider that Zabyra and Pyan are fighting as she
           runs past to finish off the spider on Unali (if needed...if
           not finish off remaining spiders).

           Z'leyra then starts treating the poisoned (using water swirled
           in brass goblet with bezoar) and injured (supervising any that
           wish to practice their healing skills and treating any REALLY
           badly injured).

           She ponders the advisability of collecting great spider poison
           then asks "Do any of you have an appropriate container for
           storing great spider poison? If properly stored we can later
           enhance it and use or sell the language learning capability
           the enhanced poison gives. It could net us a fair number of
           gold coins to share, especially with all the languages we as
           a group could teach in just a short time of speaking."
         GM: Ack.  There is that issue of heal but practice.  If we
             wait to just see who wants to practice it could be a few
             weeks to go back and forth for a simple random encounter.
             So this is why these If-then things need to just be
             determined. :)

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Assuming there will be an 'after', after the spiders are dealt
           with for now, Kiet will keep watch until time for night watches.
           Kiet will be happy to take the first watch with whomever can
           see well in the dark.

           Also, Kiet goes to Pyandalgor and says, ”You might
           consider skinning one of these things.  I hear the pelts are
           worth money. You might even do two...one for you and one for
           Zabyra.  More than that might slow us down."
         GM: Ack. Don't want to take watch alone?  Geesh.  Think
             you might be scared of a simple spider! Geesh. :)
             I suspect one could be skinned in 45 min to an hour each.
             This is my guess based on how I envision the beasts.

           [Northern Zarun - Forest]
           [Decalis 7th, 1634TH]

           [Time: 6:39:12 pm]
           [Phase 5]

             Arawn allocates magical energy for a spell.

             Z'leyra turns back to the camp and can barely see around
           the bushes but looks like Unali is down with a spider
           over her.  She activates her helmet fire stone and it
           fires a fire dart.  The lance of fire shoots out fast
           almost blinding Kiet for a second.  It speeds toward
           the spider over Unali but she realizes that the Pyan and
           Zabyra are in the way.  There is a slight angle chance to hit
           the one over Unali but she forgets that Zabyra and Pyan are
           now in the line of fire.

             The fire dart tracks toward the 3 clumped together.  Both
           Zabyra and Pyan see it rushing past.  Zabyra jumps back but
           the fire dart impacts right into Pyan.  Pyan goes fling
           backwards on fire.  He is immediately knocked out or dead.

             Corona dives toward the spider over Unali but his own
           fire dart fails to hit impacting on the grass.

             Horrified Fremea sees Pyan on fire and flies as fast as
           she can toward him.

             Z'leyra's face as her bad aim hit Pyan.  She runs using
           her faster boots toward Pyan.  She helps Fremea douse out
           the flames.  She checks the pulse but the first neck pulse
           is gone.  She checks the wrist and finds a very faint one.

             Kiet looks to Z'leyra and wonders what the heck just
           happened.  The acrobat runs toward the spider that just
           took out Red Shirt.  He thrusts at the spider and impales
           it in the lower abdomen doing 10 points but the spider
           remains standing.

             Arawn looks over to see Pyan on the fire and Fremea trying
           her best to douse the fire.  How did that happen?  It looks
           bad as the hunter must be dead.  The Alfar forgets the spider
           by Red Shirt and rushes to help Pyan.  Reaching the hunter
           he knows his shield will save him from any attack.  He quickly
           helps douse the fire and drags him a foot away from the
           campfire.  The druid checks the hunter's pulse and find it
           almost gone.  He is within seconds of death and he is about 90%
           burnt all over his body and clothing.   Arawn glances over at
           Z'leyra and knows he only has a second or two.

             Zabyra glances around and sees only two spiders left.  Pyan
           just killed the one by her.  But now there is one near Red
           Shirt's body and Unali's body.  Now she sees Arawn over
           Pyan who is on fire.  Startled she is unsure but she has
           to protect Fremea who is nearby.  She charges the spider
           over Unali.  It looks like this spider is already badly
           wounded.  She slashes upwards and does 5 points to the
           abdomen.  The spider falls to the ground probably dead.

             The last spider turns toward Kiet and swings two legs
           trying hit but the acrobat dodges gracefully.

           [Time: 6:39:15 pm]
           [Phase 6]

             Z'leyra nods to Arawn and knows she has to act.  There is
           no time to do first aid and prepare Pyan.  Already his
           burns are splitting and welting.  There is not even enough
           time to use her best healing spell.  As she casts she
           feels the pulse stop.  The green energy emits form her
           hand and enters the hunter.  The man gasps as breath
           returns to his lungs.  But sadly it is still bad the
           hunter is still in critical damage.

             Kiet stabs the spider again and finally kills the
           creature.  The acrobat turns and looks around.  Red Shirt,
           Kell, Unali are all likely paralyzed.  Pyan looks near
           to death.

           [Time: 6:39:18 pm]

             Z'leyra immediately begins to apply burn ointments and
           try to stabilize the hunter.

             Zabyra and Kiet check he spiders and finds two are still
           alive and ensure they are killed rather than knocked out.

           Actions?  Comments?

           Next Update.....Friday...

           GM:  Ok.  This was a bad update for Pyan.  He was already at
                his full DTV.  If Z'leyra had failed sadly Pyan would
                be no more  As a GM I do not kill folks out right.  I've
                always warned that it is actions that kill not me.  This
                was a very bad angle.  If Z'leyra had come forward and
                then fired with better angle might not be a factor.
                But since that was not posted it was done near
                Kiet some distance away.  Pyan this is NOT personal just
                bad luck and rolls.  Based on the map angles I setup
                there were 3 targets in line of that dart - Pyan,
                Zabyra and the spider over Unali.  That gave each target
                a 33% chance.  Sadly it turns out Pyan was in the way.
                based on that roll.  I then actually tried to dodge
                that magic using the rare dodging magic rule but he
                only had 5% chance.  Sadly it failed.  So he took
                the brunt of the damage.  Lucky though the dice was
                good in this regard with 1s and 3s instead of 8 and
                9s for the d10s.  That also saved his life.  Maybe
                Pyan will role play and chew Z'leyra out this time? :)
                Seriously if death isn't an incentive to do stuff
                then what is. :)  Now there is folks Paralyzed and
                wounded.  Unali and Arawn (pre-shield) have light wounds.
                Pyan is critical with only 2 hit points left.  Now

                There was no time for first aid.  If that was done
                he would be dead.   I took liberty to save his life
                as I figured that would've been done.

                Now Pyan will have to either allow for another healing
                likely from Arawn or wait till midnight (some 5 hours
                away) for a new healing.  Pyan I figure you have just
                a bit over 50/50 chance to take another healing in
                the same day (around 52%).  Do you want to take that
                risk or wait the 5 hours.  If you wait it will be very
                painful with the burns.  Sadly Arawn could relive
                a bit of pain with a spell but only about 40 seconds
                at a time.  I suspect he could not last the 5 hours.

                This is your choice.  The healers can comment on this
                and give the risks.  Again please this was not on
                purpose or by design.  It was just a accident of
                bad angles and line of sight.

                I actually Saturday started typing up the after combat
                stuff and next days.  But based on this serious
                situation I removed it from this update until I hear
                back on what Pyan wants to do.  Pyan is alive and
                won't die but he'll be in pain.  Keep in mind
                Arawn regeneration spells to redo those burns
                are considered magical healing so affect that
                healing per day rule.

                I am off Friday - a very rare day probably once or twice
                this year on a Friday.  So I will start work on update
                Thursday around noon but may prolong that night.  However
                if I hear back from Pyan I may get it done sooner to
                move things alone.  The healers can also comment
                on his chances.

           GM: Treasure

               Goblin - Not sold yet
                 Goblin King Magical Sword - 1  [Who Wants?]
                 Fighting Daggers          - 8
                 Clubs                     - 7
                 Swords                    - 29
               Bandit - Not sold yet
                 3 Riding Horse IIIs
               Kept for Group
                 2 2 Man Tents & Gear
                 1 Gold Ring estimated value 2 gold?
                 Cooking/Bedding Materials (Blankets, etc)
                 32 Travel Rations

           GM: Third Leg of Travel Thaliba City to Zara City

               * Completed Journey

                 Location/Terrain       Miles     Day
               * Thaliban Camp            -     Dec 2
               * Leave Thaliban Camp      -     Dec 2 2pm
               * Forest (N/NW)           60     Dec 2 2pm    - Dec 4 ~11am
               * Border into Zarun        -     Dec 4 ~11 am
               * Forest (N/NW)           40     Dec 4 ~11 am - Dec 5
               * Forest (West)           80     Dec 5        - Dec 7 ~3am
                 (63 miles into the 80 miles currently)
                 Plains (West)           40     Dec 7 ~3 pm  - Dec 8
                 Enter Zara City          -     Dec 8 or Dec 9

                 Notice there are no towns/villages/inns between camp
                 and of Forest.  The last 40 miles there might be
                 a small place.

               1 Hex = 10 feet, 1 Column - 5 feet, 1 Row = 5 feet