[pnpgm] Game Update #93 - Flie #373 - Mavac encountered

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Wed Jul 23 08:29:36 CEST 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #94 in sequence (file #373)

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Kiet considers what Etain has found in the scrolls. ....

           Looking over to Z'leyra Kiet says, "This is probably a...

           If Z'leyra agrees to go, Kiet intends to change his appearance
           with an EL2 personal illusion, this time I think using the
           wand.  Something along the line of a mercenary soldier...grey
           and brown clothes with Farseeker's face.  Wouldn't want our
           friends to not recognize me and mistake me for a threat!  This
           can be done on the way...not in the inn.
         GM: Ack. Farseeker's face making him a reputation! :)

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           Fremea would have said to get all information on this as they
           can, so that the entire operation can be shutdown. So, they
           would have been advised to capture and interrogate for more
           info.

           [Time: 8:26:41 am - Samma city, Donara]

           Fremea sees one of the men that denied her freedom. ...

           After he is down, she will tie him up and then get Raban inside
           to help her take him to a different place, just in case others
           are coming in. They will not go too far, but find some place
           that does not have anyone in it.

           She will ask where Grosis is and if he doesn't start to answer,
           she will have Raban help get the answer out him.

           GEMS
           As for all the small gems, Fremea had made it clear that they
           would wait to sell them later. No use in showing their hand
           there in town.

           The large gems are temporary placement, only to help everyone
           out for now, until this particular situation is done.
         GM: Ack. All right.  I'll save the gem info for later and place
             in my notes directory.  So we don't keep seeing them.  Just
             remind me when time to use/use them and I'll repost.

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           "Sure, we can check it out." Z'leyra replies. She takes ...

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Fremea/Raban group]
          [Time: 8:26:41 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Fremea sees one of the men that denied her freedom. Before
          her rage boils to the surface, she does a couple of the quick
          breathing techniques she had been taught to calm herself.  She
          then takes a second to think and about the best thing to do and
          decides that he could be very useful. She sneaks up on him as
          she had been trained to do very well and knocks him out with just
          the right pressure hits.

            She thinks to herself, finally going to see how cowardly they
          really are, and smiles.

            The breathes does help but heck sometimes anger is just darn
          good for some things.  Like pain.  Like intense pain on others.

            She considers a simple stealth attack.  But then thinks that
          she wants some fun first.  She removes her dress and unfurls her
          wings.  With the door still open she creeps out toward the man
          with his back to her.  She glances down to ensure there is no
          loose looking boards.  Then within a foot of the man she on
          purpose flaps a wing causing air to blow forward and dousing
          the candle the man is lighting.

            This causes the man to grunt in annoyance and Fremea smiles.
          Then Fremea just makes a very faint noise of a boot tap on the
          floor.  The man whirls around.

            Fremea prepared does a spinning round house kick forcing the
          man backwards against the table.  The man grunts and looks at
          Fremea for the first time.  Realization dawns on the man and
          the man fumbles for his dagger.  But all it is a quick fumble.

            Fremea stops forward and does a side slip tripping the man
          with one of her boots.  The man falls to his knees.  Fremea
          smiles and spins the dagger in her hand wanting to use the blade
          point but decides the hilt is good for now.  She slams the
          hilt down onto the the man's side temple.

            The man's eyes roll back in his head just as he realizes
          that this is a very bad morning.  He slumps back against the
          table leg and falls to the ground.

            Entering where the office was she grabs her bag and pulls
          out the cord.  After tying the man's hands and feet she
          searches him.  A small coin bag that she pockets.  A small
          pouch where some chewing paste that some chew around here
          that looks like a camel ate it first and then spit out
          five times.  Some chips that look to be from gambling  A
          set of dice and cards.  Nothing special more than that.

            Fremea heads out to find Raban. As they return inside
          she explains who the guy is and what her plan is.  He
          looks worried about leaving her in a dangerous situation.
          But then realizes she can handle some things like this.  But
          if it was 5 or 6.  He frowns and nods without saying anything.

            "While outside I was looking around.  There seems to be
          warehouse about 5 stores down.  It had boarded up windows
          so probably unused.  I can carry him and you to the roof.
          Might as well do it without being seen or heard."  The
          giant then with ease picks up the 200 pound man and hauls
          him outside.

            Looking outside the back alley is clear.  Fremea redons
          her dress only to draw less attention. Course a flying
          800 point giant might be a bit of a distraction.  But the
          famed winged demons of the forest won't be seen at least.

            After a bit of distance Fremea climbs on the back of the
          giant.  She grunts that she should be able to fly but
          the giant is being careful.  But then again riding on the
          back of her friend is a bit like old times.  Something
          she sees kids do with their dads.  Something that she
          wished she had done.

            Raban takes a few steps and leaps.  After about 5
          quick seconds they land on the roof of the abandoned
          warehouse.  Raban plops the man down.  Fremea removes
          her dress again and waits for the man to wake.  She
          stares at the man for some time considering the best
          ways to deal with him.  Mostly in very bad and painful
          ways.

            Fremea hates the sun as all sun-shy but it seems to
          warm her spirit.  That she is finally doing something
          right for a change.  It is not hot as the temperature
          is fairly cool but the clouds seem to dance for her
          as she watches and waits.

          [Time: 8:33:10 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Finally the man wakes and Fremea stirs.  She stands and
          approaches.  Fremea asks where Grosis is.  The man seems
          to be oblivious.

            "Who?"

            Fremea growls.  She kicks the man in the side of the ribs.
          he grunts but seems to take it in stride.

            "I am a simple..," he coughs a bit, "business man."

            Raban growls.  Raban shows the man a iron bar 3 inches
          thick and 8 inches long.  A normal man would never even
          affect it without others to help.  But Raban grunts, more
          for show than actual needing to grunt, and twists the iron
          bar like its paper.

            The man grins faintly and shakes his head.  "I simply don't
          understand what you are asking for."

            Raban then grabs the man under his chin with just three
          fingers and lifts him off his feet dangling in the air. The
          man begins to choke and gag as the pressure of the man's
          fingers press into his bottom mouth.

            "You recognize her?"  Raban tilts his head to Fremea.  "If
          so bat your eyes fast."

            The man does this.  "Good.  Now let's not play games here.
          Though I wouldn't mind seeing what would happen to you if
          you are thrown off this second story roof.  I say just a few
          broken bones.  But she thinks your spine will be broken.  Should
          we wager?"

            The man begins to choke and gag as Raban moves toward the
          edge of the roof.  The man begins to flail his legs and try
          to speak but is stopped by the position of his mouth being forced
          closed.

            "Oh?  Last words?  We aren't cruel monsters.  Who in your
          family should be alerted?"  He drops the man and he rolls down
          to the ground damaging his elbow and rolls toward the edge
          of the roof.

            The man begins to roll away from the edge and begins to
          stutter.  A moment later he speaks.

            "Grosis...he changed his name.  Seems he has ...issues
          with others. He...is now called Torq."  He tries to clear
          his throat and spits out some blood and tooth from a crushed
          tooth from the mouth crushed upwards by Raban.

            The man looks at Fremea.  "You....will let me leave alive
          if I tell you?"

            Fremea crosses her arms in disgust.  The pathetic guy
          betrays his own boss.  So common for thugs.  She shrugs
          in a neutral state.

            "She might but I might play twisty with that body.  I
          really need a decent back scratcher I could use.  Maybe
          one of those arms?"  Raban steps forward a foot.

            "Ok.  Ok..ok...This time of morning he is at Camile's
          place.  It is a small lounge.  He likes Camile and tries
          to swoon her.  But she ignores him.  He tends to eat there
          for another...30 minutes maybe an hour if she is especially
          alert to his...charms."

            The man gives directions.  Fremea is uncertain to do
          with the man.  Kill him.  Maybe just leave him tyed up
          on the roof to fend off the birds.

          [Time: 8:36:21 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Fremea and Raban land on the street and being their
          quick walk toward Camile's.  Fremea can't help but
          grinning at Raban.  Who needs Kiet to convince a person.
          Just have a large giant growl.

            But as Raban walks a bit of sadness crosses his mind.  He
          cares for Fremea but to help the man.  Was just slightly
          wrong.  Bards spread cheer and good will.  Not many 8 foot
          giant bards around.  If others knew what he just did.  He
          frowns and looks at his hands.  So dirty.  But Fremea does
          need to seek justice.  If not for her then for others if
          Gross or Torq these days, has more slaves to harm.  Maybe
          some time with Arawn for some atonement is in order.

          [Time: 8:59:43 am - Samma city, Donara]

            After some time the pair reaches Camile's.  It looks like any
          standard Tavern in any other city.  But this one has closed
          doors and closed windows.

            Fremea stops to consider her options but realizes that Raban
          continues toward the front door.  Before she can stop him he
          opens the door.  Fremea shrugs knowing that sometimes a direct
          approach works.

            Fremea steps inside to hear.  "Private pla-"  Man stops when
          he sees how large Raban stands.  "Place...there  is a nice
          joint down the street."

            A man half the size of Raban moves toward Raban.  Inside
          there are about 12 tables.  About 8 are occupied but nicely
          dressed men and women.  Some are eating high priced foods
          like rare birds it seems or the Fomorian eel cakes that seem
          to be imported here.  They all stare at the large man but
          this gives Fremea time to search the room.

            Then she spots him.  About 25 feet away in the other side
          of the room in the corner.  A large man mostly of fat not
          muscle sits at a table.  To his left is a man who must be
          his bodyguard.  Fremea also sees to the right of that table
          is another man who is glancing behind his shoulder.  The
          way they are acting the other man has to be a backup bodyguard.

            It is unclear what weapons they may have since not seen from
          the tables.  Fremea is eating some roll up pastry of some sort
          and looks at Raban.  He doesn't notice Fremea at all.  The
          small girl rarely gets noticed.

            Fremea frowns.  A room full of people and two bodyguards.
          There is also a bar wench and behind a bar to the right seems
          to be Camile  A older gal in her 40's who is now staring at
          Raban as well.  Only feet from the fat pig slaver and all
          these innocent witnesses.  If she took off her dress surely
          she would be known by the scum instantly.  The fat slug
          might not see her in this way but could be just blinded
          by foolish love.

            Raban glances down at Fremea to see any sign of intent and
          to get further orders.

          [Time: 9:03:28 am - Samma city, Donara]

          [Kell/Unali's group]
          [Time: 8:13:10 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Kell gives chase of the slaver-guard.   He knows there are
          corrupt officials.  That is part of daily life.  He even has
          had to bribe a few in his life.  He isn't sure which is worse
          a corrupt city official or a merchant.  He tends to think the
          merchants are more vile.

            Using the previous time in this area Kell and Unali waits for
          the man to come this way.  They wait in an alley but realize
          it is broad daylight and chances are things could be seen.
          But maybe Squirt can help.  Squirt is not a great thinking
          beast.  But he knows some of the old tricks Kell and him have
          done.  One of the most fun tricks for the beast was the dodge
          and distract.  To the beast it was to simply climb a series of
          stairs and then fall right on a man while Kell distracts him.

            Using the fire escape wooden steps on the side of a building
          Kell gestures to it and then makes gestures as if diving from
          above.  It takes almost two full minutes for Kell to make the
          certain gestures.  Finally Squirt seems to realize and scramble
          up the wooden staircase.

            Kell asks Unali to hide behind a large set of trash crates.
          Then waits at the corner.  Peering around the corner the slaver
          is walking fast.  Kell rounds the corner waving his arms.

            "Help!  Help!  My wife was stabbed!"  Kell quickly glances
          around and sees about a half dozen others walking on this side
          and the other side of the street.  But they only glance over
          briefly figuring some tourist in trouble.  Once they see the
          city guard they figure he can handle it and move on.

            "Where?"  Mavac rushes forward.  He may be a slaver but
          his duty has to be at least to show some duty to the city.

            "This way!"  Kell moves down the alley moving rather fast.

            Just as Mavac passes near the staircase, Squirt dives on
          the guard's head.  The guard keeps his cool but tries to
          claw at his head.

            Kell turns around and rushes to the corner.  Glancing up
          and down the street no one is nearby and whistles.

            At this point Squirt is grabbed by the man but Squirt begins
          to bite his fingers.

            Unali then slips behind him and knocks him out with a quick
          show of her daggers.

          [Time: 8:16:08 am - Samma city, Donara]

            A few minutes later Kell and Unali look around at the
          bound man.  They removed his dagger and sword.  Plus
          the backup dagger in his boot and the spinning blade in
          his back belt area.  A paranoid man it seems.

            Kell then looks around as they are now behind the street
          side in the alley behind the buildings.  "We need to stash
          him for a bit."

            Kell hadn't thought this far.    He looks to Unali and
          hopes she has an idea.  Then Kell sees a wagon down the
          alley about 500 feet behind some shop.  He smiles and
          heads that way.  "Strip his uniform at least.  No sign
          of who he works for.  I'll be back."

            Nearing the wagon, Kell realizes the two horses are actually
          mules.  The owner must be cheap.  A wagon with a nice cloth
          and some pieces of wood.  Probably a basic delivery wagon.
          Stealing a wagon is not good for the city to stop looking
          for him.  He considers a illusion but merchants tend to
          be strong willed folks.  He knocks on the back door.  Does
          it a few times and then waits.  Soon a man in his late 50s
          opens the door and scowls.

            "What?"

            "Kind Sir.  I am in need of some help.  My friend down there."
          He points down the way at Unali.  "Her friend is sick and we
          can't simply carry him to his house.  Could I by chance rent
          your wagon for..."  He considers this a bit.  "An hour or at
          most two hours?"

            "What?"

            "I will pay good."

            At that the man perks up.  Kell and the man begin to haggle.
          coins are mentioned as well as some other trade items that
          Kell has.  Finally items are exchanged.  The man pockets the
          items and shrugs.

            Kell mounts the wagon and shows that his teamster skills
          are still working.  After all he has learned much from Kiet
          on this regard.

          [Time: 8:22:10 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Unali watches the wagon pull up and smells the mules.
          Disgusting animals.  Both haul the man onto the wagon and
          cover him up.

            Both Kell mounts back up and Unali sits in back in case
          he wakes up.

            Kell starts to drive the smelly mules and considers where to
          go in the daylight there is limited options.  But if he could
          get close to Kiet it might help.  Then Kiet could use his skills
          to get more information.  So Kell decides to head toward the
          tavern.

          [Time: 8:41:19 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Kell stops the wagon just outside the tavern and hops down.  He
          tells Unali to wait then enters.  He finds Etain still over the
          scrolls but now in a different spot.  This time in a single
          two chair table in the back away from the large crowd.  But
          this time he is alone.  Etain doesn't notice him till he
          taps him on the shoulder.  Etain jumps slighty and then nods
          when he sees Kell.

            "Got him?" Etain asks.

            Kell nods, "but we need a place for him."  He speaks a bit
          in a low voice  "Where is Kiet?"

            "With Z'leyra in search of the fence's house."

            Kell nods.  A bar wench passes by and he asks for a quick mug
          of ale.

            Etain considers this and realizes the man will need to be
          interrogated.  "Could take him upstairs.  But I suppose there
          is one place.  A blacksmith friend helped me during some
          rough times when I failed to locate...well we were drinking
          buddies.  He owns a barn that has no horses now due to hard
          times.  Tell him you need to use the barn.  He owes me some
          coin for another thing so he shouldn't charge.  But he can
          be trusted."  He gives directions to Kell. "Tell him I sent
          you.  I can then send Kiet when he gets here."

            Kell gets his mug and drinks it fast.  He takes the parchment
          of directions but recalls the words.  A merchant who doesn't listen
          is one that is cheated.  Kell then heads to the door.  Etain
          watches him leave.  Then Etain whispers to himself, "I hope he
          can be trusted."

          [Time: 9:03:38 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Kell finds the blacksmith.  It is a good place. It is on the
          north end of a large field that may be used by kids but not
          today.  It is overgrown but the place is mostly quiet here
          with the barn, blacksmith shop, small house and three other
          houses that dot around the perimeter of the field but are spaced
          about 500 feet from each other.

            Kell meets the man in the shop.  The man agrees since he did
          owe Etain a favor and coins.  "I'll leave you.  I will not
          ask questions.  My son was part of the rebel group in Salaq.
          So I have my issues with the government.  Even if I don't
          agree with both.  But if you bring attention to my place.  I
          will not hide you from them."

            Kell nods, "we prefer less attention ourselves.  If this day
          ends well we may reward you with much more than our thanks."

            The man goes back to work while Unali and Kell hauls Mavac
          inside the empty barn.  Both secure him in place around a wall
          section and gag him.

            "Now we can wait or try to learn some stuff now?  But I'm not
          a skilled interrogator. "  Kell can see Unali's face and
          read her mind.  "Can we trust him?  I am sure as far as we
          can Mavac quiet and get to notice us.  Oh.  I need to get
          the wagon back.  You'll be fine? I'll head back as soon as
          I can."

          [Time: 9:07:33 am - Samma city, Donara]

                                 ---------------

          [Kiet/Z'leyra/Etain's group]
          [Time: 8:04:12 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Kiet considers what Etain has found in the scrolls.  Yes,
          Ozon's property might indeed be rich, but the fact is that a
          thief only gets a small percentage of the full value of what he
          fences.  The fence has the items and, technically, the full
          value...or at least potential.

            Looking over to Z'leyra Kiet says, "this is probably a mistake,
          but maybe we should visit Bogan's place, or at least check it
          out.  It might be, um, an 'enriching' experience."

            "Sure, we can check it out." Z'leyra replies. She takes off a
          necklace to avoid accidentally dispelling Kiet's illusion.

            Etain sighs, "I'll be here....reading...alone.  I may be
          done soon though.  If so I'll head to my room to nap."

            Exiting the tavern Corona flies overhead following the
          the pair.

            Soon a alley is found where Kiet changes his appearance. He
          does not see a man behind a crate when he casts the illusion.
          But the man peers with forehead and eyes at Kiet standing along
          the wall.  Then Kiet changes his appearance.  The man blinks
          a great deal and rubs his eyes.  Then Kiet joins Z'leyra on the
          street.  Kiet can hear a bottle explode as if a bottle is
          thrown to the ground.  Kiet shrugs and heads on.  The drunk moves
          on vowing to stop that home brew!

          [Time: 8:35:42 am - Samma city, Donara]

            A half hour later the pair finally end up in the right area after
          being lost twice and having to ask directions.  The pair soon enter
          a quiet neighborhood of middle to upper middle class homes.  The
          homes are spread part about 300 feet yard to yard on properties about
          500 x 500 feet.  When an average home might only be a tenth that in
          property size it is clear these places are better off.  Some
          are two stories but there are about 15 holes on each side of the
          street.  Some kids are out playing.  Some adults are out either
          doing yard work or lounging around.  The kids are probably not
          in school yet at this age so at least no noisy kids to interfere
          on the exploraton of Bogan's place.

            At the end of one street based on the house numbers painting on
          the fences the house near the end must be Bogan's.  The pair
          are now about 1500 feet away or about 3 houses.  They pause and
          look carefully.  They see a group of folks outside of Bogan's
          place on the street.  Maybe half a dozen neighbors.  Based on the
          blue uniform of one man by them the city guard is here.  A man
          seems to be speaking to another female separately from the crowd
          of neighbors.

            Corona reports there is another one dressed like a city guard
          seems to be patrolling the grounds now on the left side of the
          house moving toward the back.

            Bogan's place is two story and seems to have a decent attic as
          well.  Corona reports there is a small structure out back but
          many homes in the area here have such.  The place is surrounded
          by a small wooden fence but bushes and shrubs block the left, back
          and right side of the property.  Only the front has more open views
          while the other areas are blocked from neighbors it seems.

            The pair consider their options  Etain did mention if the
          guards found Bogan's place they might be here.  Informing
          the people of his death.  This also may explain why a crowd
          may be outside.  Rumors and such things spread fast.  Maybe
          the guard is questioning a wife or servant of the house?
          So the pair can only assume either Bogan is found dead or
          if not dead under arrest but that would make much less sense.

          [Time: 8:40:21 am - Samma city, Donara]

                                 -----------------

          [Arawn/Will's group]
          [Time: 8:05:03 am - Samma city, Donara]

            At the green Lotus Shop Arawn does his best to look around as
          if interested in items.

            Sensing the woman's accumen Arawn gave her a smile and a
          somewhat knowing look.

            "My own schedule is a bit crazy at the moment but when I find
          the time I'd love to return. And even if Avalos hasn't returned
          by then I'm sure we can always work something out between
          the two of us."

            "True.  True."  The woman nods and goes to store some herbs
          in a box for a pickup.

          [Time: 8:29:16 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Realizing the librarian had no clue as to what he was talking
          about Arawn pointed out the passage in the book, asking if there
          was a librarian present who was more familiar with the text. If
          there is someone more knowledgeable Arawn will go over the
          information in the book, letting the person know his goal of
          finding the plant and learning how to handle it in better detail.

            The librarian simply explains this is not a center of learning
          not like Ticasi.  She considers some books of the tribe but
          may take some time.  As to Ticasi she explains he would have
          to go there to find info.  She suggests the capital as well since
          this not a major city of schooling.

            Librarian looks at the book and nods.  "A book that size would
          take the scribe about 10 hours to copy.  At least the one we
          use here.  Some others may take 2 days depending on skill.  But
          our scribe is quite good.  Uusally that service is 2-3 copper for
          that one book.  But most nobles who pay for it do more but nothing
          less than 2-3 copper."

            The librarian goes off to find the book on the barbarian cultures
          in the area.  She dusts off a book and brings it.  "Let's see
          if this doesn't have it."  She sifts through the pages.  "Ahh..
          That tribe in the book there was renamed it seems.  Now they
          are called the Goisni part of the Fierazi tribes."  She looks
          up at Arawn.  "I believe they are in the north west of the Zen'da
          tribes.  So that makes sense.  If they found the plant there
          on the plains then they would be right there."  She leaves the
          book and dusts her hands off. "That it?"

            Arawn looks the book over but it is a dry culture book and gives
          nothing of great interest on anything that a culture expert
          would love.  Nothing on the plant.

          [Time: 8:51:08 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Arawn exits the library and heads toward the tavern.

          [Time: 9:12:10 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Will and Arawn arrive at the tavern.  But they find none
          there.  Arawn heads upstairs and finds Etain in his room
          laying the bed.  Etain raises up but seems to not be
          resting.

            "Was just taking a break.  Most of the scrolls were boring
          useless stuff.  I left just the business related ones for
          later since they don't seem useful."  Etain tells Arawn
          as he yawns.

            Arawn asks about Z'leyra.

            "Went to find Bogan's place.  I suspect they are there now."

          [Time: 9:15:21 am - Samma city, Donara]