[pnpgm] Game Update #91 - File #346 - New Day brings new tasks

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 07:01:39 CEST 2014



   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #91 in sequence (file #346)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: None.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Before they get sold Z'leyra will look over the gems and
           determine if cutting of the gems would increase their value.
           If so she will do so.
         GM: Ack.  Well can inspect but a gem dealer tends to use the best
             gems for such things and so cutting them before the dealer
             does could in some cases reduce the value.  Plus with all
             the gems it would take a lot of time to do so maybe a day or
             two if you set in jewelry or such.  So its just more efficient
             to sell as pure gems - Kell suggests this.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           After getting the location of the village and the contact's
           name Arawn gave his thanks to Corona and the faerries before
           bidding them a safe flight. He wondered if he might once again
           see the latter but was content in knowing of their contacts in
           Riverdell. And knowing of the village's gossip-monger might
           prove useful if the party's path leads through the settlement.

           Conversation with Etain and Fremea:

           "Etain's right, your passions can give you strength but...

           OOC: If Fremea is open to this Arawn will begin working with
           her daily/nightly, basically whenever time permits.

           Checking on Etain:

           As Arawn tends to be sensitive to his environment and prone
           to checking in on others I imagine he might pick up on
           Etain's discomfort. He'll head over to the elf and look over
           his wounds and is prepared to mix something up using his
           Herbalist and Healer (Elf) skill to alleviate his headache/
           hangover.
         GM: Ack.

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           Fremea shakes her head at all the different business to be
           attended to. "The tasks a head of us are many and though ...
         GM: Ack. I changed the time.  I didn't realize you did that
             once party came back.  I placed it the next morning.  So
             I changed night to day.  In fact this is a good comment.
             When folks reply if you use the time marks I give that
             can le time know when the comment is done.  Otherwise I
             tend to have to guess when its done.  Its NOT mandatory
             but it does help.

      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 3:28:10 am - Samma city, Donara]

            The conversation between Etain, Fremea and Arawn seems to draw
          the night on.  As Etain speaks it is clear Fremea is more
          irritated than ever at things.

            Arawn speaks up after a long pause to figure out the best
          way to phrase things.  "Etain's right, your passions can give
          you strength but don't allow them to control you. We should
          continue the meditations we had started a couple of days ago,
          to center yourself and, hopefully, grant insight and healing.
          And if you're lucky you might even be able to turn the connection
          against Varange."

                                 ----------

          [Time: 6:32:51 am - Samma city, Donara]

            After waking up the group assembles downstairs to eat
          breakfast.  Some remain in their rooms to treat any wounds.
          One such group is Etain and Arawn.

            As Arawn tends to be sensitive to his environment and prone
          to checking in on others I imagine he might pick up on
          Etain's discomfort. He'll head over to the elf and look over
          his wounds and is prepared to mix something up using his
          Herbalist and Healer (Elf) skill to alleviate his headache/
          hangover.

            Etain smiles at the Alfar and considers this scene.  A lowly
          Elf treated by a god's son.  If only his child hood friends
          saw this now.  Course then his smile fades when he knows this is
          the protocol and would be not keen to be known by the gods.

            Etain stands and just says, "the muscles and ribs a re bit
          tight.  But the healing by Fremea helped.  I'll live and
          should be fine in a day or two."  He looks out the window
          in the dim shadows since the sun has not reached the west
          side of the inn's alley.  "A simple muscle relaxer or such
          will do."

            Etain uses some materials from the bar and makes a quick
          chilling lotion.

            Etain turns and starts to speak but then stops.  This does
          a few more times.  They are alone but it is clear the Elf has
          something to say.  Finally he quickly speaks.  "You should
          not act this way to mere mortals.  I should be the one to
          cater to you.  Not the other way around.  Your parents would
          not be happy you doing this."


                         ------------

          [Time: 6:43:19 am - Samma city, Donara]

            At the breakfast table the group talks about the past and
          the day's activities.

            Fremea shakes her head at all the different business to be
          attended to. "The tasks a head of us are many and though some
          could possibly wait, I believe it best we deal with each of
          them now or it will more trouble to clean up after. The paths
          for each us are best. I will pay my slaver a 'nice' visit and
          help him to understand that value he missed with me. The rescued
          Fae will carry word back to the villages and hopefully it will
          get to the right ears about Varange and we will receive other
          help, though there could be the wrong ears hear it too."

            She sighs deeply and looks around the room. She even stops on
          Etain for a second, not feeling much of anything for him any
          more. "I ran away from all this because I thought I was not
          important. I wanted nothing more than to just be a Faerry who
          could come and go as she pleases and hunt and play, to be with
          my family. Now I see that I was chosen by some force, be they
          the Gods themselves or other, to play in some role I want nothing
          of, yet I will choose to do what is necessary. Each one of you
          have become my family and though I did not believe he ever had
          my best interest in mind, Etain you are like a father. I
          understand now that you wanted the best from me, though your
          tactics seemed harsh." She stops and takes a deep breath and
          then lets it out slowly, controlling herself. "I will fight
          for my family and do what I must to make sure you are all safe
          to do what you are here for."

            Etain started to drink his ale then stops on the words from
          his former student.  He visibly gulps and places the mug of
          ale down.  Realizing that drinking this time of the morning
          is not good. He nods to her and remains neutral but a glint
          of a smile is seen for a very brief second only to know that
          he acknowledged the comment.

            "Yes, Arawn, I will take your training. Though Etain started
          me on the path to being a warrior with no emotions, it seems I
          must learn how to control them instead of suppress them."

            Etain begins to speak to that but figures that maybe a balance
          of emotions and no emotions makes the best of a person.  He
          recalls the conversations with the Royals so long ago.  Saying
          that she should be cold and ruthless.  She should be the Sword
          of the Faerry.  A sword as cold as metal itself.  Yet it seems
          a sword can be best tendered with care as well as might.

            Taking a sip of her small glass of nectar, "Let this day
          mark the beginning of change for my people and to stop the world
          being destroyed in another way again." This time she smiled,
          genuinely and almost with warmth. "Oh, and let us gain riches
          that rivals kings." Looking at Kiet, she giggles.

            Raban raises his mug, then Etain then Kell.  Soon everyone
          lifts their mug or glass in a show of support and a good cheer
          of toast.

          [Time: 7:01:08 am - Samma city, Donara]

            With breakfast over the party begins to form their task
          groups.  Kiet, Z'leyra and Etain stay in the inn area to
          investigate as much as they can on the scrolls found.

            Kiet is a bit confused why he is here as he can't read
          Donaran.  Nor can Z'leyra.  But Etain can do enough.  Hours
          earlier Raban in the suggestion of his groups says the
          two can be investigators if need be to follow up with
          local shops or such.  Now it is morning and both did not
          change into other tasks the plan is made.  While Etain
          starts to study the scrolls for tidbits both Kiet and Z'leyra
          examine the gems and treasure more closely.

            Fremea in her annoying dress walks side by side with Raban.
          Both clearly look out of place.  But the eyes all seem to
          go to Raban rather than Fremea.  Fremea recalls the places
          where the slug slaver enjoyed to visit.  It has been awhile
          since she was here in town but maybe she can recall the places.
          The slaver liked the west side of the city so both head
          in that directions.

            Kell and Unali decide that to find the guard the best way
          is a more direct way.  So if they can find info from a local
          barracks or guard house then the better.  After some directions
          they are given details on a central barracks in the north
          side of town.  They head that way.

            Arawn and Will head with his pet wolf down the streets.  They
          are looking for the local herb shops.  Both are strangers here
          so they will have to stop and occasionally ask for help.  Of
          course the wolf seems to draw most of the attention.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update...Friday..

          GM: Shorter update than planned.  Was going to do more.  But
              brain was shutting down.  Better than something than
              nothing.  But the tasks have started.  I will be working
              on update likely Wednesday to get it out by Friday.  I will
              need to do separate time marks for each group.  Since
              one group might be faster while another might be shorter.
              It will be hard to coordinate it all at same time.  So
              in that regard while group 2 is doing their task 1 may
              still be halfway through theirs.  so at this point it
              will be assumed each group is distinct.  If there is
              trouble I'll halt the timeline for that purpose and
              stall the other groups in case rescue is needed.  If
              that makes sense.  :)  Man times change. Been doing
              this pbem for 14 years.  I could do two updates easy
              and then play hours of a game.  Now get too tired form
              work and can barely do either.  Need to reinforce my
              Cure Age spell.

              * For selling the loot task I'll give that to Kell
                as he may be the best merchant in that regard.  If
                they get their task done they can return t get the
                loot to sell it and others can join if need be.
                Time will decide on that.

              * Treasure.  I've removed Z'leyra's claims from Gems
                since  just looking at them.  for the next update
                I will add the items to each character sheet.  The
                Emerald looks like no claim still.   The meteorite
                is still duel claimed so you two need to duel or
                just figure it out.  Unless Tobie decides otherwise.
                Will assume coins will be personal since o other
                notes given to donate or such.  So after next
                update will add those to sheets.  Gems will be sold
                as is.  If Z'leyra wishes to set them I'll have to
                research time to do so and make that a different task
                and the time factor involved.

          GM: After some email I've come to the results that the
              mana report needs to be updated.  I will explain later.
              But I was assuming daily limits.  not Casting Ability pool
              levels.  Since most aside from 2 have low amounts is not
              a major deal based on daily casts.  For IBT I took it
              into account.  But for the report I guess it will need
              to be a factor.  It will make things a bit more difficult
              in book keeping but I'll try.  Stay tuned.

          GM: Tasks to do -
                * Find mysterious Mage      - Upcoming updates
                * Sell loot if possible       Upcoming Updates
                * Messenger funds to Farm     Upcoming updates

          GM: Suggested groups -

              Find Fremea's slaver -     Fremea, Raban
              Town slavers         -     Kell, Unali
              Find Moon wort       -     Arawn, Will
              Bogan scrolls        -     Kiet, Z'leyra, Etain


          GM: Treasure


                  Item               Claimed by
                Meteorite  [1]    Z'leyra, Kiet
                Ruby       [2]    Fremea
                Diamond    [1]    Fremea
                Turquoise  [2]    Arawn
                Emerald    [1]
                Sapphire   [1]    Kiet
                Tourmaline [1]    Kiet
                Toadstone  [1]    Unali

                Coins
                 Copper Coins    -  117
                 Silver Coins    -  367
                 Gold Coins      -  256
                      Total      -  293 GC 7 Silver

                    Player
                 Arawn     Donates to girls
                 Fremea
                 Kell      Donates half to girls, take half
                 Kiet      Takes share or 1/3rd or 1/4th
                 Raban     Donates to girls
                 Unali     Takes share
                 Will
                 Z'leyra
                 Etain     Donates to girls

               * Gems
                 Ruby            -   42
                 Diamond         -   28
                 Turquoise       -   25
                 Emeralds        -   39
                 Sapphires       -   17
                 Tourmaline      -   34
                 Onyx            -    2


   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Ch




More information about the pnpgm mailing list