[pnpgm] Game Update #49 - File #199 - Seeing the Past and Future

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Sep 24 05:29:41 CEST 2013


          .
   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
     .NPC...............YY..Niko..............Bearer..Normal/Human  ..Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #49 in sequence (file #199)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: None.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Z'leyra having heard that the Admiral is dead, suggests to
           those in the party near her that if things are under control
           she could cast an Akasha (peer into the past) spell to see
           what happened and who did what.
         GM: Ack.

         From Unali: [Re: Actions]
           Unali nods her consent as Z'leyra makes that suggestion.
         GM: Ack.

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Wrong reply type...sigh.

           When Kiet hears about this (he's not currently with Z'leyra
           ) he asks "She can do that?  How long will it take?"
         GM: Ack.

      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 28th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Salaqara, Donara]

          [Time: 4:18pm - South Salaqara - Gorlic's Estate]

            The mob surges forward and then stops when one sailor
          reaches out to grab the leader's arm.  He turns and the
          men huddle together whispering and gesturing.  The mob
          is only about 30 feet from the porch so the whispers are
          barely heard.  "...now we should..."  "Especially when.."
          "we have to ensure..." These are some of the vague words
          the group on the porch can understand.

            As the mob huddles Kiet leans down to Fremea and whispers
          to her a question.

            The leader nods his head and turns around.  "We must verify
          he is dead.  Stand aside."

            Kiet and Kell step aside as they look to Fremea.  Fremea
          seems concerned more like a lost child than a worried party
          member.  As if she is considering her options.  Then she
          figures out that what harm could it do.  Fremea steps to the
          side and lets the leader and two sailors from the mob climb
          the porch steps.

            Entering the house the servant sees them and sees his chance.
          "I'll show you where he should be.  I need to see as well."

            Unali and Z'leyra let the servant go as it seems there is no
          obligation to stop them now.

            Upon seeing the wolf near Will the leader of the mob stops and
          raises his sword once again.  The Wolf growls a bit and Will
          gestures with his hand for the wolf to be silent and docile.

            The servant rushes past the wolf and others and ushers the
          three inside the library/office of the admiral.

            Z'leyra gestures for the others on the porch and at the hallway
          to gather around.  She explains her plan on looking at the past.

            Kiet asks, "She can do that?  How long will it take?"

            Fremea seems too distracted to even hear the plan.  This whole
          thing seems wrong.  Clearly someone is setting her up.  The
          only ones who know she is here is Etain and the farmer.  Fremea
          glances at Etain who seems as lost as the others.  But someone
          knows she is here or at least was coming.  Maybe this thief or
          his allies?  Staying here for too long will be dangerous.
          Especially when there is only one way out of the property out
          the front gate.

            Raban looks to Arawn.  "There is a guard at the gate knocked
          out.  He should be fine but I need you to check him out just
          in case while Z'leyra is busy.

            As the group considers the events in a very short and brief
          chat it takes only two minutes before the others come back.  The
          servant looks even more depressed.  The mob leader sheathes
          his sword.  "He," he nods to the servant, "confirms you showed
          up after he was knocked up but is not certain if that was at
          the same time or not.  We were sent here to help but we are
          no longer needed.  We should be going now.  You guys can
          talk to the city guard."

            The sailors promptly leave the house not wanting to be
          questioned by the Guard.  Most sailors are somewhat honest
          but most have known records or reputations.  A night or
          two being questioned by a interrogator is not in their plans.

            Arawn follows the men to the gate to check the guard who
          is knocked out.

            Fremea knows that time is critical but also must know what
          is going on here.  She begins to move to a different room to
          check out the various rooms.  Z'leyra takes this as a confirmation
          that she can proceed.

            Z'leyra enters the library and prepares for her spell.

            Outside in the parlor Etain asks the servant.  "Did he have
          family?"

            Raban asks the servant, "was there anything of great value
          the admiral kept?  A safe or lock box or someplace around
          town?"

            The servant looks to Raban and looks a bit worried.  Maybe
          they were here to rob the dead man while he is still not even
          cold.  But then if they even tried he couldn't stop them.  He
          sighs and shrugs. "There is a small safe in the bedroom.  I
          suppose most stuff he kept at his office at the base.  But
          personal items here I would assume."

            Raban nods and assumes such.

            The servant looks to Etain and frowns.  "His wife is in
          Pelara city.  Should be back in a week.  He does have a son
          in town.  I'll have to find him and send word to his wife.
          This is grave news!  The Donaran's must be behind this. Oh
          dear!"  He looks to the window.  "If the sailors spread the
          news of his death the city could be upset and cause problems."

            Etain grabs the servant's shoulder, "I'm sure it will be
          fine.  Where is his son usually?"

            "Jasmor?  He has his own ship.  But I believe he is in port
          this week.  He...well..he likes to gamble.  I could give you
          a few suggestions to find him.  I could write a note or go
          with you to inform him.  He will be distraught."

            Z'leyra casts her spell and thanks to her luck ring the spell
          works.  in a trance she sees Admiral Gorlic at the desk writing
          and reading scrolls.  The window to the left of him, facing
          the windows from the door to the hallway, is still open.  The
          door is closed and for a time it is rather boring.  There is
          no real reference of time.  But she hopes to see the last hour
          of his life.

            On the roof Corona launches from the roof to go flying around
          in wide circles around the property.

            As Z'leyra watches the past unfold in her trance she notices
          a bird that looks like a pigeon fly in the window.  This isn't
          so rare as many still use the birds to communicate even in
          magical oriented cultures.  The bird lands on the side of the
          desk and Gorlic looks up surprised.  He then notices something
          on the talons of the bird and reaches to unclip it.  The bird
          then flies to a book shelf then looks around then flies out the
          window again.

            The item is rather large for the bird and is wrapped up in
          some cloth.  Unfolding the cloth a simple brass looking disk
          is in the center.  It almost looks like a coin.  It is the
          size of a coin.  But no message.   The older Gorlic reaches
          for the coin and palms it.  The coin gives a bright flash
          of white light then blue light.  Suddenly the Admiral
          disappears in a blue haze.

            Z'leyra continues to watch in her trance for some time. She
          is not sure how long but soon the blue haze returns.  This
          time the admiral is standing with eyes closed and then
          topples onto his knees.  That is where the party found
          him dead.

            Raban finds the bedroom and using his skill he quickly
          finds the safe.  Behind a false wall in the closet.  Not
          too fancy for sure.  Any thief would find it.  But in fact
          it wasn't the skill as the fact that the safe was open and
          the small square door ajar.  Through the light from the window
          the Bard can see a bag of gold, several scrolls likely important
          family materials, some old medals and a few expensive looking
          pieces of jewelry.  There seems to be no magical thing here.

            Fremea sweeps each room extending her senses to gather any
          clues for magic.  But in fact there is nothing here.  She hears
          Raban sigh and enters the bedroom to find the safe open.  Peering
          inside no sign of magic there either.

            The servant sees the small child and looks in.  "Who are you
          You implied you knew the admiral. I do not even know you."

            "Sir.  Did the admiral have anything small and ...unique
          inside this safe?"  Raban asks more to distract the servant
          than to gain info.

            "His wife had a heirloom necklace that she took with her."
          He rubs his clean chin.  "Well his son was given some pen
          like thing.  I recall the two outside in the yard talking.
          The admiral gave him the item but threatened to remove him
          from service if his debts increased.  He later told his
          wife he did it as incentive to do better.  I never saw it
          up close but its probably just a simple quill thing?"

            Z'leyra completes the trance and kneels to check the body.
          She rolls him over and notices his eyes are blood shot and
          bloody as if damage to his eyes.  There is blood on the floor
          from his nose it seems and no blood from his mouth.  No
          other obvious other wounds.  It is possible he could've
          died from a heart attack but he seems physically fit for
          a man in his 50s.

            Z'leyra looks around and sees the cloth on the desk.  It
          seems to be a standard cheap cloth for shirts or towels.

            Outside Arawn is walking back to the house when Corona
          flies nearby and calls out.  The druid does not know the
          language as good as Z'leyra but gets the gist.  He runs
          inside to find the others.  Once there he informs that
          Corona has seen a group of 8 well armed men in uniform
          coming this way from at least 3 streets away.  They are
          moving fast on foot.  But from that general direction
          there are 4 men on horse closing in their direction and
          in uniform. Arawn suspects this is the city guard. Maybe
          the boy warned them to come here as well?

            Etain looks for the others.  "Time is running out.  We
          should move.  If we have to we can come back.  Where is-"
          the Elf stops when he sees Fremea and Raban coming down
          the hall.

            Z'leyra emerges from the library and joins the others.

            "Sounds like the city guards are coming."  Etain tells
          the group in Donaran.

            Raban asks, "how soon?"

            Arawn estimates five minutes but no more than ten
          minutes max.  He tries to give the direction that
          Corona tried to relay.  But directions from a aerial
          bird is one thing compared to a person on the ground.
          But if Corona is half right that gives Raban a idea.

            "Can she have some water?"  The bard waves at Fremea.

            "But she hasn't said who she is. In fact who all of
          you?"  The servant stutters.

            "You heard him the guard is coming.  We'll stick around
          and give you all the details.  Now she is truly upset.  Water
          please."  With that word he emphasizes his determination.

            The servant gets the idea and moves toward the kitchen.

            Raban waves to the side door Will found earlier and motions
          for the others to move fast.  "Move to behind the shed.  I
          can punch a way through the shrub.  Then just move to the
          field and to the street.  We can move away from here before
          they show up."   By now he is moving fast outside toward
          the shed.  He must've seen what is to the area north of
          the property.

            Etain looks down at Fremea.  "Now what?  Should we
          take the servant?"  He doesn't know what info Raban
          found out from the safe.  he then recalls the Niko.  He
          turns to Kiet. "How will you explain this to him?"

            Niko follows behind toward the shed looking bored as
          a boy on a rainy day stuck inside a school house.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: Well we move on.  I could spend weeks on this place.
              But things were moving slow.  I can still do a bit
              of retroactive stuff if need be.  But with Etain
              and Raban around I can try and direct us while Tobie
              is busy.  Yes. He is busy.  We are all.  But I figure
              with Etain and Raban I can try and redirect some of
              the focus if need be.  We are awol enough with Will
              and Kell missing.  So I know things will improve
              once things settle down I hope for some.  For Tobie
              he is like me self-employed and that means a lot
              of time.  When I first started my own firm I could
              have spent 90 hours a week at it.  But I realized
              that would kill me.  Programming is easy to handle
              and control so I've learned tricks to get ahead
              and thus take even less time at work and more at
              home (thus all my vacation time this time
              of year).  But that took me a couple years.  Now at
              30 odd years I'm in the groove. :)

          GM: Alex is in touch with John/Will so he can keep tabs
              on him.  But as for Mark/Kell maybe we should all
              just spam email him? :)  See if he responds.  He
              has not sent me anything.  For Mark I got a post
              in June and a email from him in May.  So it has been
              a while.  I don't know if he switched jobs or not.
              I may try and do some research if I can later.  He
              may have facebook or other resources.  Who knows.

          GM: So what to do now?  I gave a few options.





More information about the pnpgm mailing list