[pnpgm] Game Update #48 - File #195 - Niko Carries it All

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Sep 17 02:02:51 CEST 2013

          .
   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
     .NPC...............YY..Niko..............Bearer..Normal/Human  ..Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #48 in sequence (file #195)

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Kiet is very well pleased at his spell handiwork, and simply
           smiles smugly.

           Kiet calls out to the men and says "You were used by ....

           If any of them decides to be brave (I.e. foolish) Kiet will
           use his rings to burn them down.  Once at most for each ring.

           Off topic...kinda...I was thrilled to be able to use that
           spell... SO much fun!  Perfect for cloud control.
         GM: Ack. It was fun but these were half drunken sailors rather
             than true enemies.  :)  Up against a magic group might not
             be so fun.  But good to see new tactics from you.

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Er...crowd control...sheesh...
         GM: Ack. I figured what you meant. :) D3 has that affix so
             I see it a lot so used to it.

          [Sepes 28th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Salaqara, Donara]

          [Time: 4:13pm - South Salaqara - Gorlic's Estate]

            Kiet smiles at the sight of the clearly traumatized
          mob members.  It is definitely more docile than just
          turning everyone in sight or strangling them with his
          ropes.  Though that would have been just as fun as well.

            The mob collect their fallen weapons and begin to move
          toward the porch.  All except one man who was ordered to
          check the one Raban dropped to the ground.

            Kiet calls out to the men and says "You were used by the
          fiend that killed the admiral to slow us down.  We have been
          hunting him or it for a time."

            The mob suddenly stops as if slapped by a giant.  They
          stare at Kiet and the acrobat wonders if his words were
          even understood.  The leader then says, "what?"  At this
          he turns and looks at the yard as if looking for help
          or support.  "He is dead?"

            Raban grimaces and frowns.  He had hoped Fremea would
          get the signal he sent.  Tapping his head might give
          him an idea to use an illusion.  Maybe get Z'leyra to
          do an illusion to be the admiral.  But that was that.

            Kiet looks down at this strange little faerry.  He wonders
          what she is thinking but does not wonder for long.  He then
          says in Katai "That was me.  I threw out a Tumble spell to
          break up the mob, and mob they were.  They weren't likely to
          listen to us before...at least now they must take pause.  They
          are fortunate I chose not to harm them...but I thought you would
          frown upon me doing anything more to them than just knocking
          their heads together."

            "They were dupes.  Fools.  I would like to find this boy
          they spoke of and (gently!) question him.  Perhaps we could
          find out more about our new foe."

            Inside the home, the servant hears Kiet's words and jumps
          up surprising Z'leyra.  "He's dead!?"  He tries to move
          toward the hall but Unali and Will stop him.  "I must
          attend to him!"

            The leader of the mob finally comes around in his
          thoughts.  "We must inform the City Guard and the
          Admiralty at once."  He turns to motion for 2 of the
          men to do so.  He turns back to the house and motions
          for three of his fellows to move toward the porch.  "We
          must inspect the scene."

            Raban raises a hand, "wait!"  He then wonders where
          Niko went to.

            That is when one of the men notices Etain standing to
          the side.  He leans and whispers to the leader.  The
          leader turns around.

            "You did this?" The leader raises his sword at Etain.

            Etain shakes his head.

            Raban steps forward, "my friend explained that.  We just
          got here."  He looks around.  "Niko!"

            Niko emerges from the street side on the other side of the
          hedge at the gate looking into the grounds. "I'm here."

            Raban figures he fled when there was some trouble or at
          least got out of the way.  They say servants should not
          be seen.  The Bard motions for Niko.  "Explain who we are
          and how long we were here?"

            "Niko looks to Raban then the leader and finally toward
          Kiet.  He shrugs.  "Well they hired me just a few hours
          ago.  I'm a bearer from the Strongin House on Kias Street.
          That one needed...help carrying his stuff."  He points
          to Kiet but at least the man didn't the lazy man.  "We
          just got here maybe two minutes at most.  When we got
          here that one."  He points to the unconscious guard at
          the foot of the gate.  "Those."  He points to the porch
          guards.  "Were on the ground."

            The mob leader looks to Niko then Raban.  he finally looks
          back at Kiet and Fremea.  The girl looks so sad.  He finally
          nods.  He sheathes his sword and nods to the others.  "We
          still must inform the others.  If the city is being attacked
          by Donaran scum there could be a coordinated attack."

          [Time: 4:18pm - South Salaqara - Gorlic's Estate]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: A short update since not many posts to react to.  Will see
              how it goes form here.

          GM: Checked how long it has been for some posters.  I see
              Will posted late May so almost 4 months.  Though I
              do think he sent a email or two since then.  Kell seemed
              much longer but his last post was in June so 3 months.
              I hope both get time from their busy schedules this fall
              to catch up. :)

          GM: Mana report updated.