[pnpgm] Game Update #47 - File #192 - Stand-offs or falling down?

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Sep 12 22:20:52 CEST 2013


          .
   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
     .NPC...............YY..Niko..............Bearer..Normal/Human  ..Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #47 in sequence (file #192)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: None.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           Fremea hears the noise of the people busting their way in.
           She hears Raban, shakes her head and just wonders how this
           happened so quickly. "No, leave the Admiral. Raban, I ...

           <Depending on how the group reacts:
           A - they calm a bit to a girl asking for help in a scarred
           voice - she will come out from behind the massive person.
           "Please, help I think ... I think something has happened to
           him." B - they stop, but are not going to listen to anyone -
           "Please hurry, there are two dead here. I don't know what
           else might have happened." Pleading with them to help her. C-
           they keep pushing forward - "NO, don't hurt me!" and Raban may
           need to knock a couple of them out.

           Basically she wants to get the group to help her find clues
           on what happened to the Admiral and use the time to see if she
           can remember where the device might be or might have been.>

           "Could someone help my old servant to his feet? He is not
           used to much excitement anymore."
         GM: Ack.

         Post from David: [Re: delay]
           Me...? (David's best innocent look, hand on chest with
           fingers extended). Li'l ol' me?

           Pshaw!  I'm not doing anything...well, much of anything...
           I agree....let's blame Nick.
         GM: Ack. Just teasing ya.  Right now your the most active
             poster.  So just randomized the blame.  But with vacation
             time I tend to get distracted by bright shiny things and
             delays happen.

         Post from Unali: [Re: Actions]
           Unali hesitates when she hears the servant waking up...

           If he answers her first questions she will let him speak
           first, otherwise she will go on "Is there anyone else in the
           house? The guards were attacked, is there anyone that must be
           protected?"

           If he is bleeding and she spots Z'leyra, she will wave her
           over and ask loudly in Donaran "Can you take a look. He is
           bleeding." If Z'leyra is not close by she will dig around in
           her pack for some bandages, but finding none. She will then
           call out "Anyone has some bandages or cloth to stop his
           bleeding." in Donaran and when that draws many blank stares
           "Bandages, please" in Marentian.

           If he is just concussed but not bleeding she will take her
           skin with water and offer him some "Water?" in Donaran, while
           listening to his story.

           If the servant tries to walk away from the door she will
           steady him under an arm, saying "Calm now, steady yourself
           first or you will pass out again." in Donaran, but gently
           holding him near the open door to the porch. Until things
           calm down, she doesn't want him looking for the admiral.
         GM: Ack.

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Z'leyra will help the servant loudly declaiming "I am a
         GM: Ack.  Technically don't know the mob is there yet.  Too
             far to the rear of the house.   Second part removed since
             technically would not know the mob still happens and
             it would have made things worse for upsetting the servant.

      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 28th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Salaqara, Donara]

          [Time: 4:13pm - South Salaqara - Gorlic's Estate street]

            Fremea hears the noise of the people busting their way in. She
          hears Raban, shakes her head and just wonders how this happened
          so quickly. "No, leave the Admiral. Raban, I want you to be a
          stop for the group that is about to come charging in. Let's do
          our best to not hurt them. We want them on our side. Unali, I
          need you to make sure the guard is ok and to help him help us
          stop this rush. We must find information quickly."

            Behind the group inside the foyer the servant rubs his
          head and stares at the winged creature, the large person
          and the other 2.  He blinks his eyes wondering what he is
          seeing.  He thought he heard that you see double not one
          short person with wings and a tall giant.  Then he recalls
          what his mother told him of those odd creatures in the west
          in the forest.  The disease and vile things they do.  The
          servant steps back not wanting to get a disease that turns
          him into a slobbering fool.

            She puts on her enchanted disguise headband as she speaks.
          "Weapons away for now."

            Raban moves from the foyer area onto the front porch.  His
          large frame taking the bulk of the door area.  He steps onto
          the porch and steps over the two dead guards.  He stops
          at the top of the steps and waits for the mob in his best
          "you shall not pass" stance.

            With Raban in the front, she peeks around the massive thigh
          as a the disguised girl she is. "Please don't hurt us! We just
          came to talk to him. We found the gate open and my servant was
          tending to the downed guard. I fear something else is wrong.
          Please help!" Using her best girl voice and acting sincerely
          to the men coming towards them.

            Kiet steps out and looks at the mob.  Raban could handle
          them all alone.  But a spirit of amusement and excitement
          overcomes him.  Then Fremea orders not to harm them.  That
          limits his move so much and simply not as fun.    Kiet knows
          variety is the spice of life or so they say in the brothels.
          So he steps to the side of Raban and begins to gesture wish
          his hands and speak a few magical words under his breath.
          Raban glances down to see the acrobat and just watches the
          man gesture.

            Unali hesitates when she hears the servant waking up and the
          mob nearing the house at the same time. When Fremea speaks, she
          quickly sheaths her daggers and hopes the clairvoyance effect
          will last long enough to warn her of any danger.

            Unali hears Fremea suggest going after the guard under
          the feet of the mob.  But he is already unconscious and the
          mob is not for him.  He should be safe as long as they don't
          step on him or fall on him as if that is not going to happen.
          But the servant might be more a threat to Fremea personally
          so decides to deal with him.

            Unali turns back inside and steadies the servant.  She finds
          a nice cushioned chair about 8 feet from the front door
          and motions him there.  Guiding him toward the chair she
          gestures to it but makes him believe it is his idea to sit
          when in fact she uses her body to force him to sit down.

            Unali speaks in Donaran, "Slowly, you have been hit quite
          severe. Take it slowly. Please sit. let me have a look. We are
          here to see the admiral, but something has clearly happened here.
          Can you tell me what?"  She checks out his head. She will quite
          openly for anyone to see brush the hair aside to inspect his
          head.  She finds that he has a large bump.  Since she has taken
          out many in this fashion she knows the signs.  He should be fine
          except for a bit of confusion and a severe headache.

            Outside on the front porch Kiet gestures outward toward the
          mob and completes the spell.  The men are now 45 feet from the
          porch and they suddenly lurch as if attacked by gravity.  The
          earth is shaking or rather to them it is moving up, down, sideways,
          shifting back and forth and why is the estate hoping up and down?
          Six of the men heave back and forth and 4 immediately fall to
          the ground on their knees or face.  One in the rear near the
          knocked out guard falls back onto the guard's stomach.  To
          one is just outside the spell's range and continues to stand. He
          stares at his friends tumbling around like fish falling from
          the sky.

            The men curse and yelp out.  They complete the stereotype
          of using language that even a seasoned sailor blush.  One
          seems to say earthquake.  One who fell to his knees and
          then backward on his face yells to the one standing something
          that Kiet can't seem to understand.

            On the left side of the house Will's wolf begins to growl
          and give a yelp that only a wolf can.  He turns to the south
          back to the south and moves that way but then stops.  He
          looks back at Will and Kell.  Both men are at the side door
          and find it unlocked.  They enter and the wolf follows suit.

            On the right side, Arawn and Z'leyra finally round the
          side of the house and get to the rear.  They see the shed
          or whatever is in the far left side of the yard.  They
          quickly move alone the rear side of the house peering inside
          windows.

            Inside the house, the servant shakes his head.  Unali picks
          her water skin from her belt and offers it. "Water?" in Donaran.

            "Well I was in the kitchen getting tea when I heard the
          admiral yelling.  Wait!  The admiral!"  He finally realizes
          his mistake and stands up.

            "Calm now, steady yourself first or you will pass out again."
          in Donaran Unali speaks while pushing the servant down onto
          the seat.

            Kell and Will finds the room with the admiral but no one
          else there.  Both hear Unali n the distance around the
          corner and move that way.  At that same time Z'leyra
          and Arawn enter the home from the back door with weapons
          ready just in case.  After a few empty rooms including
          the kitchen and storage area they find Will and Kell as
          well as Unali.

            Outside the one man still standing steps back over the
          knocked out guard and turns bolting out the gate.

            During this time Etain has not been affected by Kiet's
          spell.  But he has from gravity.  When two men fall toward
          him he forces one away with his left arm and a side kick
          to his ankle to take the man down.  The other man with
          a dagger in his hand but not directly trying to kill the
          Elf lunges forward when the ground under his feet bounce
          up and down.  Etain does a sweeping side kick to his knee
          and then does a yank to the man's right hand forcing him
          forward and to the elf's knee causing him to topple enough
          to be forced forward and away from the Elf.

            "But I need..."  The servant looks to the new four people
          and the wolf standing in the hallway.

            Fremea looks back inside to see what is now happening and
          sees the new figures of the party member in the distance.
          Turning back around she stares at the mob on the ground.

            Raban sees the man bolt out the gate and looks to Fremea
          who may have missed it when she turned around to look inside.
          Fearing the man could call others Raban decides to stop
          him.  He takes a couple running steps and leaps to the air
          to the large hedge.  At least the mob is not looking as they
          are too motivated to just stop the ground from bucking.

            Fremea speaks up in her tiny girl voice to the mob.  "Please,
          help I think ... I think something has happened to him."

            Raban flys to the right of the gate and sees no man but
          turns around in flight and sees the man fleeing that direction
          to the other streets.  Raban flies fast toward him. "Hey!  You
          dropped this gold coin?"  Still flying as he says this the
          man turns around.  Just as Raban lands behind him silently
          and taps his shoulder.  As the man turns around Raban does
          a light tap to his head and knocks the man out.  Course for
          Raban a tap is enough to knock a horse out.  But he has learned
          over the last 2 years how to pull his punches.  Raban grabs
          the man and hauls him on his shoulder and moves toward
          the gate.

            Unali sees Z'leyra and motions for her to come to help out.

            Z'leyra will help the servant loudly declaiming "I am a
          healer! Lets have a look at you."

            Kiet sees his spell end and the men begin to pant and
          gasp.  Those who fell all took some serious bruises and
          one took a pinky finger sprain when he fell.  They begin
          to remain in place not wanting the earth to rebel once again.

            This is when Raban enters the gate with the man.  He tells
          his friend. "He slipped on a rat running by.  Poor fellow."
          He places the man on the ground.  He helps the men with
          Etain getting them up to their feet.

            Deftly though Etain and Raban help disarm the weapons from
          the men throwing the rock, club and blades to the side.  But
          two men notice this and stop them from removing their dagger
          and club.

            The man with the dagger looks to Raban and then Fremea.
          "We were told the Admiral was being attacked.  Back away."
          He tells the giant and then turns to face Fremea.  "We
          must see him and appraise his situation."

            During this time Will, Arawn and Kell spread out to search
          the other rooms but finds them all empty.

            Z'leyra determines the man will be fine except one massive
          headache.

            The two men with weapons motions for the others to move
          toward the porch.  Raban stops one man.  "You should check
          him out he fell badly."  He then glances over at Fremea
          to stall and taps his finger to his head in the same position
          as her magical head band.

            Raban asks, "how did you find out he was in trouble?"

            The leader looks over his shoulder.  "We were unloading
          a ship and a boy came to us and told us.  He said he was
          paid to find help for the admiral."

            Fremea frowns.  A person paid a boy to fetch help.  A very
          common tactic.  Assassins and Thievs do it.  So the original
          person can't be tracked down.  Now these men are two steps
          behind the identity of the person.  Even if they found the boy
          which is unlikely would he know the person or name him?  In
          fact she has used that same trick to gain intelligence on
          a situation.

            Kiet looks to Fremea for direction.  The men are now about
          40 feet from the porch.

            Kiet swivels back and forth like a nervous girl.  She stares
          at Etain who is staring back.  Can he tell through her disguise
          or is this someone else.  No he seems to see her disguise but
          her eyes he can tell those eyes.  No magic can ever alter the
          true eyes.  Fremea inwardly grimaces.  The Elf may be old but
          he seems to still know his martial arts.  The same things that
          he taught her years ago.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Monday...

          GM: This update was tough oddly.  At least three of you did
              some What/Ifs so I had to take all that into account and
              do what was needed.  So coordinating and placing the stuff
              in the right place was harder.  Oddly Arawn is known for
              that which doesn't bother me but Fremea and Unali did it
              so kind of funny.  It worked out well just was rough
              going for a bit. Once in the groove got it going.  Sorry
              for the delay.  But I suspect after 13 years doing this
              thing that I have a reputation that shows I'll just not
              quit the game. :) [Doesn't mean I wanted at times :)  But
              its a major stress relief for me.  I suppose if I kill
              off a few folks might be TOO much relief? :)  A small
              update but a tough one setting it up.

          GM: I was going to do more but I figure this is another good
              place to stop.  At a standoff now.  But how reactions
              go now will depend on how things move along.  No one
              outside party (well Z'leyra doesn't know) that the Admiral
              is dead.  Mob is 40 feet from the porch.  Kiet/Fremea
              on porch.  Etain/Raban by gate behind mob of 7.  One Mob
              man is knocked out.  All others re inside and not seen
              by the mob.  But the servant has seen everyone in the
              party.  No map I guess is needed?  I am off again Monday
              and Thursday so will work on update early Monday if possible.

          GM: Will update mana report with the new spell done later.
              Kiet I know you wanted to interrogate them but if you just
              go and ask one "nicely" it could escalate things.  So I
              saved that for new reactions.  Doesn't mean it won't be
              done but just that there is time for that.






More information about the pnpgm mailing list