[pnpgm] Game Update #253 - File #1502 - A warm welcome...

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Oct 12 00:39:28 CEST 2012

   HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
   ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
   W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
   W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
   R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
   R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
   R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
   R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
      NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #253 in sequence (file #1502]

            [None]

          [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
          [          Mountains west of Pamau]

          [Time: around 3:20:00pm]

            The women let a gasp of shock run out of their mouths at
          the downed Flyer.  Children as young as 3 or 4 begin to cry.
          But their parents or now fellow villagers grab them and usher
          them toward the forest edge out of danger.

            Strie'bog runs toward Zhou and kneels to check the Dark
          Lander.  The back of the man is a mass of shattered coral
          and rock.  It seems the antler-horn-weapon thing from the
          flyer shattered and broke off on impact.  Zhou's back is
          riddled with the coral, dust and rock.  Strie'bog begins
          to wipe the mass off to check him.

            Then Strie'bog finds no pulse on his neck.  He looks up
          to the strangers and the others. "Anyone a Healer?"

                                 ---------------

          [Time: 3:19:38pm - Unali's group]

            Again Arawn tries to check his leg for the possible poison.
          But as would be expected for a non-expert in Voxyen he just
          can't determine if the green saliva is normal or poison.  If
          he had a live Shaper he might be able to ask but just looking
          at the wound gives no information.  It just looks like any
          dog style bite with a bit of slobber.  He doesn't feel different
          but poisons could take minutes or hours or days.  So to just
          look at a wound one can't tell infection till a bit later.  Maybe
          when there is time he could ask Z'leyra but right now he feels
          fine other than the bite pain which is now ebbing away.

            Arawn tries to catch up to the two new wizards as the party
          walk toward the cave entrance.

            With a smile on his face Arawn steps between the wizard and
          the Outcast, his body serving as a shield while trying to
          determine if the man was raising a hand in greeting or magical
          threat. He looked to the one called Gan, recalling his confusion
          regarding the surroundings, the Alfar surmising he had arrived

            As Arawn led the outcast to join the others outside he asked,
          "What's your name?"

            The Outcast follows a bit wary of the party, especially the
          warriors.  Even in this strange culture they seem to be very
          mean and brash.  If the Outcast had hair on his gray large
          skull he'd brush his fingers through it in frustration.  It
          seems he is being led to the Supreme Overlord.  This can't be
          good at all.  He considers protesting or just running away.
          But hat winged creature might catch him.  She looks a bit
          too fast.  Nonetheless, the outcast decides he can just hide
          as the fools rush to their doom.

            The Outcast realizes he was just asked a question.  he
          turns to the strange one with the ears.  "N'efilli."

            Introducing himself in turn he guided the Vong to where Unali
          and the others had gathered, intent on updating the group on
          what the Outcast had just shared with him. Knowing time was of
          the essence he spoke quickly as the party prepared to head out.

            "Our ally says the control lies around the neck of the leader,
          Shimara, and that he is waiting to meet us."

            He turned to the Vong Outcast and asked,   "Can you lead us to
          him? What can we expect?"

            Farseeker grunts at the word ally.  The things they have done
          to humans including children slaughtered en masse below in the
          pit. They deserve only a quick death.  All of them.  But like
          Lin maybe he'll serve only a temporary alliance.  then after
          that he knows they can be dealt with.

            The Outcast shrugs.  "Not allowed in the Throne Room.  Only
          certain Shapers.  Probably Shapers and his elite guard.  They
          are all tough and well armed and protected more than the normal
          warriors."  He points to the dead warriors nearby.

            Farseeker grunts again. Great the scum doesn't even know
          what to expect.  Disgusted he runs toward the entrance.

            "He's an ally," he said, indicating the Outcast with a nod.
          "I'll explain while we move."

            With that he began to follow after Unali and the others,
          speaking quickly as he sought to update the wizards to the
          situation. He chose his words carefully, trying to keep be
          concise while expressing the immediate threat of the Brain
          and Vong to the world and the party's need to acquire the
          failsafe, the Outcast Vong and their desire to return to a
          more peaceful life, and the magical resistance of the Vong.

            Arawn slows the group down as it takes him about 3 minutes
          to explain the situation to the new wizards.  Finally
          the group at the bottom of the stairs some 100 feet below
          wait for them to arrive.  Grumbling Arawn notices the other
          group with them.

          [Time: 3:23:13pm]

            As Unali's group meets up with Raban's they notice that
          Kell seems a bit subdued.  Usually he is so upbeat and
          would sell a beggar a piece of dirt if he had time.  But
          now he seems a bit sullen.

            The Outcast points to the stairs.  He allows the group
          to move ahead but leads them down.  He explains the
          Throne Room is another 100 feet below the warrior barrack
          cave.

          [Time: 3:23:49pm]

            The first to get level with the Throne Room cave is Fremea.
          From outside the stairwell she can see a brightly lit cave.
          The cave entrance is 25 feet wide and 12 feet high.  This
          makes it likely the largest cave entrance of the caves
          around the mount.

            The cave is set as the others 15 feet from the stairwell
          connected by a 6 foot wide walkway that connects the cave
          and stairwell proper.  There is no railing to the side and
          on either side it is 250 foot drop to the ground.

            The party stops 20 feet above the level with the Throne
          Room cave.  The Outcast looks to the group and points to
          the cave one flight below them.  He shows no sign of interest
          in going below.

            The group looks to Unali for direction or Farseeker.

            But then a voice rings out.  "You are expected! You
          will not be harmed.  Approach and surrender and behold
          the presence of Supreme Commander Shimara!"

            Fremea looks directly to the cave entrance to see
          a tall Shaper in a flowing gray and white gown.  She
          is holding both hands to her side and 2 warriors are behind
          her a few feet at the rim of the entrance.

          [Time: 3:24:05pm]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Monday...

          GM: It looks like a short update and it is.  But I had to
              do a lot of prep work for this final battle.  I assume
              it will be a battle.  Who knows you guys could just
              all surrender.  Maybe you'll be treated ok?  Maybe
              they will actually honor your courage?  But just in
              case I had to prepare and so took a bit of time.
              Since I gave time to be aware the next post would be
              this event I gave time to prepare final actions.  But
              since no posts really came in I figure I'd just get
              to this point.  I had to up the time due to Arawn's
              speech to the wizards.  So instead of 30 seconds
              to climb down it took over 3 minutes.  I can still
              allow SOME retroactive actions.  BUT if you say
              something like "oh I am prepared with a super spell
              that will kill all the Vong so now do it!"  Well that
              won't happen.  That should've been posted in the
              week and half since last update.  But if you need
              to like drop a bag or shift weapons or something
              minor like that then that's fine.  We are about 95%
              done with the game with this area and then aftermath
              to do.  The aftermath could take a bit of time to
              get done.

          GM: The team has now 2 Wizards and 1 outcast with the
              party.  Five prisoners are free on the other side
              of the cave far away.  I will need to know what
              you guys do.  The mana report is updated and shows
              what all is left in terms of mana.  If you don't
              understand the chart just ask.  Last time the side
              map below will be shown.  Since now everything is
              known.  Once someone actually goes inside the Throne
              Room cave I'll add that map.  You will have
              5 days to figure out actions.  If no one posts or asks
              to pause the game then I'll see if a NPC will just
              walk into the cave. :) It looks like Wout's site may
              be down.  The archives are down.  So unsure if the
              list will send this out.

          GM: Arawn - Since there was no actual words on the speech
                on the situation I couldn't count the time to explain.
                So I had to just assume a flat base of 3 minutes to
                sum up the last few hours of time.  Frankly I could've
                taken much longer but didn't.  As to poison remember
                I said last post there is just no clear way to ensure
                if it is poisoned or not with what was posted.  Since
                it was one of those If...then situations I still
                didn't do the spell.  If it was just a Do this post
                it would've been done.  But since even a super smart
                Alfar can't figure out if you have been poisoned how
                can you just by looking at it ? :)

          GM: Spells active

              Will      - Armor Transmutation, Mind Shield
              Raban     - Bless (OCV)
              Farseeker - Bless (OCV)
              Arawn     - Bless (OCV)
              Unali     - Mind Shield
              Kell      - Whirlwind*
              Fremea    - Mind Shield, Invisibility
              Z'leyra   - Mind Shield, Bless (Con)

              * = Soon to end (next update?].  I may NOT post this
              info unless I remember to do so. :)

          GM: Maps

              ----------------------------
              Mount Side View -
                Scale - 1 Column = 15 feet
                        1 Row = 50 feet  North=wall facing screen
              [Looking from one wall to the other wall.  Toward North
               wall with back to south wall.  Looking east/west.]

                             1         2         3         4         5
                    12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
                                    General  @= Halfway point/Ladder to roof
                                     Fake Vong Ceiling
                   __________________________ at _________________________
                   I#------------------------ at ----------------------?#IA
                   I#                \Balcony/Walkway/       Free  / #IB
                   I#                                      Prisoners #IC
                   I#                                                #ID
      Shaper       I#                                                #IE
      Research     IP                                                #IFCave
      Cave    #1-->`#                             Shaper Research?-->#`G<-#4
                   I#                                                #IH
      Warrior #2-> `#                          Warrior Barracks   -> #`I<-#5
      Barrcks      I#                                                #IJ
          Cave 3-> `#<Throne Room                  World Brian ----> #`K<-#6
    Throne Room/   I#                                                #IL
                   I#                                                #IM
                   I#                 @ <-Portal (Kotohi)            #IN
         Mount     I#T                                              T#IO
         Ground --?I#]A_A_A_A_A_A_A_A____......._______V__V__V__V__V[#IP
                   I                       Y<X \                      IQ
                   I                      Z     Lava (. points)       IR

              I = Rock wall, #=Vong ladder structure
              ` = Entrance to cave [open mostly]
              _ = Rock floor (Row P) ground floor
              A = Vong Bowl Home (10' high)
              V = Vong flyer
              T = Vong Tower (30' high)
              ],[=Base of Vong tower (wooden)
              X = Rabbit Hole opening 30' wide below cavern to tunnels
              Y = Tunnel of Treasure/Sentry cave (under ground floor)
              Z = Pit/Lake caves below elevation of Treasure cave tunnel
             1-6= Side caves on east/west walls

      Cave #6 - Brain Cave           Cave #5 - Warrior Barracks
      Cave #4 - Shaper Research      Cave #1 - Shaper Research
      Cave #2 - Warrior Barracks     Cave #1 - ???
      Cave #3 - Throne Room