[pnpgm] Game Update #232 - File #1428 - Square one

Tobie Bonahoom bonahoom at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 15 17:44:28 CEST 2012


Fremea just nods at Unali. "It would be good for me to have the mind shield too."

She then hovers around, seeming impatient.

> Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:37:58 +0200
> From: broere at powersandperils.org
> To: pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl
> Subject: Re: [pnpgm] Game Update #232 - File #1428 - Square  one
> 
> Scott, welcome back. In the mean time the list and p&p site are back up 
> as well. Hope all stays this way.
> 
> Unali:
> "Arawn makes a fair point. Although I see no reason why the Brain I saw 
> would be a fake, the fact that they must be aware of us and waiting 
> reduces our chances. If they can spring a surprise from a different 
> location that could be disastrous.
> 
> On the other hand, if the Brain and portal are genuine, that gives the 
> Brain a supply of new warriors through the portal. Delay in closing that 
> portal could be a disaster as well.
> 
> We move up these stairs as a group. Fremea flies up to scout the stairs 
> ahead of us. Please stay out of sight of the Brain, so stay a few metres 
> aside or above the cave opening. I would like the Mental Shield thing on 
> the forward group at least, or all of us that might enter the cave if 
> possible. Anyhting else that can help, Battle Mind, Speed?
> 
> When we get just below the cave opening on the stairs, Kell can send in 
> the elementals first, and other help that we can bring if available. 
> Their task would be to attack the brain. Then we rush in to assist, and 
> the plan will be fluid from that point I guess.
> 
> Farseeker, Arawn, Raban, with myself, will you make the forward group? 
> Attack the Vong guards first and open the entrance for the others. 
> Chion, would you stand by to get us all out of there if this fails 
> miserably? Kell, Fremea, up for the task? if Fremea spots something, 
> above, or on the stairs, we decide quickly based on what it is, but move 
> down and meet it in the open seems the best strategy.
> 
> Arawn, It is probably not he best of plans, but the risk of delay is 
> great as well. Strong objections, then please voice them now. Else I am 
> willing to receive that Mind Shield.
> 
> And for your safety (addressing the girl) stay at the back of the group, 
> but do not trail more than a few metres behind. I am not usre it is safe 
> down here or I would suggest you stay. Stay close, stay silent, and I am 
> sure we will get you out of here."
> 
> 
> On 06/15/2012 06:12 AM, pnpgm wrote:
> >
> > HT Aliaver/Player Character Name Type Status/Notes Sex
> > -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
> > R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid .Normal/Alfar Ma
> > ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human Ma
> > R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard Normal/Human Ma
> > W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human Ma
> > W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human Ma
> > --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
> > R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
> > R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human Ma
> > R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
> > W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
> > W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human Fe
> > R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
> > R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human Fe
> > R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
> > NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
> > Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,
> >
> > Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
> > Public posts/actions to pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl (mailing list)
> > Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net
> >
> > Game Update #232 in sequence (file #1428)
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Admin Notes: None.
> > -----------------------------------------------------------------
> > [Recap]
> >
> >  From Arawn: [Re: Vote]
> > Vote-
> >
> > Arawn still would prefer to investigate the other caverns
> > first. He feels that the Brain is already aware of their
> > existence and may have the area set up as a trap. He'd prefer
> > to look for others, human or vong, and try to pull information
> > that can be used against the Brain or gain allies in the fight
> > against it.
> >
> > So, Vote option 4
> > GM: Ack. Paraphrased so looks like opinion was given indirectly
> > rather than verbal.
> >
> >  From Alex: [Re; My status]
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Scott has let me know that his computer is having problems.
> > So a result is a delay in the P&P game.
> > GM: Ack. Yep. I'm back.
> >
> >  From Kell: [Re: Vote]
> > Kell likes the idea of scouting the other stairs, to make sure
> > the attack is located correctly. After that, send in the
> > Elementals while the group uses long range attacks. Group
> > move in to melee only as a last resort.]
> >
> > Ha'Kell expresses his thoughts to the group appropriately.
> > If no one else makes a decision he will, after spending five
> > minutes waiting for a mist to end. He'll volunteer to send
> > in the Elementals all by himself. :)
> > GM: Ack. The mist time is over. Should have done that before. :<
> > Sorry. Since that was like 3-4 weeks ago. Glad your still
> > alive. Was going to email you and check on you.
> >
> >  From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
> > Z'leyra says "While the Elementals may be a great aid in...
> > GM: Ack.
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------
> > [New Stuff]
> >
> > [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
> > [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
> > [ Mountains west of Pamau]
> >
> > [Time: 2:44:00pm - 2:46:00pm]
> >
> > Arawn knows that going into a hot zone like the Brain
> > theater could be too risky. Especially with Unali's
> > scouting and her being affected in some method. He
> > voices that he would rather avoid the theater till the
> > very last. Especially to meet with more humans or outcasts.
> >
> > Z'leyra says. "While the Elementals may be a great aid in the
> > battle, the caster should be ready to dispell them just in case
> > the enemy somehow wrests control of them away. Given that, a
> > slight delay while summoning them may be worthwhile."
> >
> > Ha'kell listens to the enchantress with a glint of amusement.
> > But then he realizes the statement was serious. He also considers
> > a possible scouting of other areas first.
> >
> > Farseeker paces the open ground back and forth. There is just
> > no cover here at all. While in the open air field they have to
> > be seen already. "Look folks we need to decide these things
> > fast. We are in a vulnerable spot. Now some wish to scout
> > other areas." He looks to the rescued girl. "Do you know
> > how to defeat the Brain?"
> >
> > "Brain? What is that?" The girl looks back and forth from
> > Farseeker to Z'leyra in confusion.
> >
> > "See? You think the Vong will be open to prisoners to let
> > them know how to defeat them? Same with the outcasts. If they
> > are to be the low or ignored caste you think they would tell
> > them how to do it? Sure maybe they got lucky to overhear something
> > but I seriously doubt it." Farseeker crosses his arms in a bit
> > of frustration of impatience.
> >
> > "Crossing the field to the other ladder will take a few
> > minutes. If we are going to explore we need to do something
> > now and decide. Time is running out." Caladan says as he
> > waves a free hand to the mountain in the west and leans
> > on his war staff.
> >
> > Raban growls a bit annoyed at the state of planning. He
> > knows this group is slow to plan but fast to react rather
> > than act. He looks to Unali for some sign of leadership
> > then turns to the girl. "What of her as well?"
> >
> > [Time: 2:46:00pm - Current]
> >
> > Actions? Comments?
> >
> > Next Update....Monday...
> >
> > GM: I'm back. Took longer to repair and get it back then
> > I wanted. But it was free so no complaints. I had
> > asked Alex to send note to folks so you guys could
> > iron out the full plan in the week I lost. But it
> > seems based on no CCed emails to me or posts that
> > none was made. So we are back to square one on where
> > to go from here. Right now no majority is done for
> > the votes (need 1 more). Some of the no votes could
> > change that. Unless Unali as leader just decides to
> > order the group in one way. But if plans change and
> > the group goes to explore other caves I can immediately
> > move the group along. Since on this side would go up
> > and skip the brain cave and go up and then use the ledge
> > at the top to cross to the other side at the ceiling
> > of the cave. Unless stated to cross on the ground and
> > up then back to this side. So I'm open to whatever
> > as long as consensus is done. So till then these
> > updates will be real small and fast to make. :) Which
> > is fine for my Level 25 Wizard in diablo 3. :)
> >
> > GM: Plans made:
> >
> > 1- Unali first attack, others join in later
> > 2- All as a group attack at once via entrance
> > 3- Teleport inside the cave and fight as one
> > 4- Other
> >
> > Raban - 1 Fremea - 4
> > Caladan - 2 Kell - 4
> > Ben'dar - 2 Kiet - 2
> > Farseker - 2 Unali - No Vote
> > Lin - 2 Will - No Vote
> > Chion - No Vote Z'leyra - 2
> > Arawn - 4
> >
> > 1: 1 2: 6 3: - 4: 3 No Vote: 3
> > Majority is 7 though Unali can decide any time to end the
> > voting. If no majority next highest group will win.
> >
> > GM: Spells active
> >
> > Will - Armor Transmutation
> >
> > * = Soon to end (next update?]. I may NOT post this
> > info unless I remember to do so. :)
> >
> > GM: Maps
> >
> > ----------------------------
> > Mount Side View -
> > Scale - 1 Column = 15 feet
> > 1 Row = 50 feet North=wall facing screen
> > [Looking from one wall to the other wall. Toward North
> > wall with back to south wall. Looking east/west.]
> >
> > 1 2 3 4 5
> > 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
> > ____________________________________________________
> > I### Fake Vong ceiling ###IA
> > I# #IB
> > I# #IC
> > I# #ID
> > I# #IE
> > I# #IFCave
> > Cave 1-> `# #`G<-#4
> > I# #IH
> > Cave 2-> `# #`I<-#5
> > I# #IJ
> > Cave 3-> `# World Brain--> #`K<-#6
> > I# #IL
> > I# #IM
> > I# @ <-Portal #IN
> > Mount I#T T#IO
> > Ground --?I#]A_A_A_A_A_A_A_A__________________V__V__V__V__V[#IP
> > I Y<X IQ
> > I Z IR
> >
> > I = Rock wall, #=Vong ladder structure
> > ` = Entrance to cave [open mostly]
> > _ = Rock floor (Row P) ground floor
> > A = Vong Bowl Home (10' high)
> > V = Vong flyer
> > T = Vong Tower (30' high)
> > ],[=Base of Vong tower (wooden)
> > X = Rabbit Hole opening 30' wide below cavern to tunnels
> > Y = Tunnel of Treasure/Sentry cave (under ground floor)
> > Z = Pit/Lake caves below elevation of Treasure cave tunnel
> > 1-6= Side caves on east/west walls
> >
> > * World Brain cave
> >
> > 1 2 3 4 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/ A %% = Rock Wall
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\%%%%%\__ B
> > %%\__/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \%%/ \__ C
> > %%/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \__/%%\__/ D
> > %%\__/ \__/ \__/ \__/S P**** \%%/ \__ E
> > %%V \__/ \VV/ \__/ \__/****_/%%\__/ F
> > ,,,\__/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \**** \%%/ \__ G
> > ]]]/ \__/ \__/ \__/P \__/ \_S/%%\__/ H
> > ```\__/ \__/H \__/ \__/ \__/ \%%/ \__ I
> > %%V \__/ \H_/ \__/ @@@ / /__/%%\__/ J
> > %%\__/ \__/ \__/ \@@@@@ / \%%/ \__ K
> > %%/ \__/ \__/ \__/@@@@@ / \__/%%\__/ L
> > %%\__/ \__/VV\__/ \_@@@ / / \%%/ \__ M
> > %%/ \__/ \__/ \__/ \_/ \__/%%\__/ N
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/ \__ O
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\__/ P
> > 1 2 3 4
> > 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901
> >
> > Portal - Center is L29 going diagonal bottom left to top right.
> > 30' wide and 30' high shimmering portal
> > World Brain = @@ 25' by 20' wide. Tentacles are 15' long
> > * = Wooden Barrels
> >
> > V = Vong Warrior [F4, J4, F14, F15, M14, M15]
> > H = Human Brigader [I14, J14]
> > S = Shaper [E26, H33]
> > P = Human Prisoner [E29, H23]
> > ],'= Stairs ledge to stairs
> >
> > As always if map messed up see website.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > pnpgm mailing list
> > pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl
> > http://abroere.xs4all.nl/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm
> >
> 
> _______________________________________________
> pnpgm mailing list
> pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl
> http://abroere.xs4all.nl/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm
 		 	   		  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20120615/0feec381/attachment.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list