[pnpgm] Game Update #88 - File #706 - A pause and rest

Mark love_to_travel_mark at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 19:39:19 CEST 2010

Watching Kiet and Will tending the Vong, Ha'Kell is happy they are dead.  He moves closer to examine it, and use an effective Detection to find them.  Taking out another vial, he empties it of his favored spices.  Bending down he fills the vial with Vong blood and seals it.  "This may come in handy in the future.  Maybe not, but better safe.  Now I need more spices and containers..." he trails off and stands up straight.  Kell uses his mana sensing to find out all he can about the Vong and their gear.  Next time, his Detection will work.

As Arawn approaches Ha'Kell, he says, "I'm fine.  Tend to others that need it."  Turning to the party, "Earth Strength has the nice side-effect of regeneration, and I can cast it on anyone who is injured that wants.  It will heal you fully, as it did my arm."  Looking at his arm, the sleeve in tatters yet again, he sighs.  I really really need some armor there.

[before mounting up to explore the rest of the area.]
"I'm going to try and find some of that swarm. I want to examine them, see if they can be turned on the Vong."  Then he walks over to the barn and starts looking for them, asking Will and others for help to find the bug swarm.  Kell will squash a few to see how hard they are, and cut several up with his dagger.  What is inside these things?  Are they still alive?

Kell also examines the weapons of the dead ones.  Are they now dead too?

Watching his friend Kiet become upset, Kell wants to say something but has no words.  He does opine, "I too wish we had a chance to learn from a living Vong. Before any major combat, the more we know the better."

[after Unali mounts up]
Kell goes and finds his horse, giving it a calming pat on the forehead.  He then mounts up and moves to the far left of the party to be a flanker.

Unali says, "We might as well patch up those who need it most. Strie'bog, Will? But if there are any Vong left, we should double check for any ambushes when we near the buildings. We are giving them time to prepare as well."

Kell responds, "If there are any Vong they knew about us the moment that flier took off.  Surprise is now their ally.  If the Bug Swarm is shot at us, let me be the target.  I can use either my Whirlwind or Heat to kill them off.  Just don't stand next to me when I use them.  Whirlwind worked well, had I not nearly had my arm cut off, I think it could wipe out a small group."

"I can create batons and enchant them with Whirlwinds and Heat.  That is a nasty combination.  Having several available would be good."