[pnpgm] Game Update #50 - File #447 - Votes taken for route - Ha'Kells vote

Murtha, Mark D (N-Innovar) mark.d.murtha at ulalaunch.com
Tue Nov 10 16:16:56 CET 2009

Given details on the travel time for each option this changes things; Ha'Kell keeps his options open.

Assuming we can avoid Katai city, as even setting foot in the city is likely a death warrant for much of the party, he will vote Wagon over plains.  Kell strongly votes for south away from Katai city by any method to the mouth of the river.  Better to avoid the big cities as much as possible.  The ship is so much slower that the wagon makes sense, no matter where we go.

His top two concerns are first avoiding detection and then speed.

[The ship being so much slower seems very odd to me, I thought shipping on the ocean was faster.  But I'm no expert on anything really.]

If the wagon wins the vote, then there is the issue of a driver.  Do we bring/hire one from Tiehul or learn to drive it ourselves, or a bit of both?  Ha'Kell leans towards bringing a driver and learning as we go.  This has the advantage of if we must leave the wagon the driver can return it to Tiehul.

[Yes, Happy Veterans Day to all!]