[pnpgm] Game Update #48 - File #431 - Tiehul's Revelation

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Thu Nov 5 00:05:44 CET 2009

 Thomas O. Magann Jr. wrote:
>  Though I suppose
>
>> something could be made from plants and herbs which could help in that,
>> is that magic?"
>>

> Whitney chimes in with a sour look on his face, No, no it isn't, usually. And I wish more people would realize that. Especially local magistrates."

  Raban sighs, "No you missed what I said. More powerful effects such as
making someone stronger may be magical. So many plants have magical
applications but if you use magic to bring out that ability is the plant
itself magical? Some plants are inherently magical while others are not.
So is there some that bring out powerful effects that are not magical
and do not need magic to produce results. My teacher never worried about
those details so I do not know for sure. I also cannot see magic like
some do so I cannot easily verify if the plant is magical. For massages
and healing, there are many plants that help greatly and do not need
magic to process. Others that are more effective use spells to bring out
that ability. They are used the same way so I would not be sure when I
am using a magical version or not. So I can understand how others may
declare all such use is magic even when it is not. It is always
difficult when someones skill assisted by plants, herbs or oils and can
cure things without use of magic. How would someone know they did not
use magic? I am afraid that here they will assume anything effective is
magic and not because of years of training and practice. But what if
your training actually brought out some magical talent and you did not
know it? Can you be sure you are not adding something more than skill?"