[pnpgm] Game Update #113 - File #647 - Party plans for future

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Feb 17 06:45:34 CET 2009

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #113 in sequence (file #647)

     Admin Notes: Nona.

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Kiet to Ben'dar: "Ben'Dar...when we reach the High Elder's
          citadel, would you have time and desire to teach me how better
          to ride?  I might be able to make it worth your while.  Also,
          what does Tef'wo most like to eat?"

          Kiet to group: "I have this sword but need to learn how best
          to put it to use.  Our time at that horrid castle has taught
          me that I need some further weapons training.  Would anyone in
          our group be interested in helping me learn this?"

          What about the 14th...or is the Meeting really on the 14th?

          Kiet replies, "Ben'dar, if you can spare 4 days from Ma 8-12
          (inclusive), then it would be my honor to ride with you."
          "...as long as you don't laugh..."

          To all:
          "I think I shall not have time to study for my new weapon...and
          I fear I may yet need it..."
          [*** Ben'dar's post deleted for space ***]

          Um...if this is a PG rated site, I'm not sure I want to hear
          about you beating "The Dwarf"...
        GM: Ack. Thanks for seeing the timeline thing.  As to beating
            my staff they don't mind.  They are used to it.  I of
            course never make mistakes but they do. :)

                        ---------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar grins, "Yes, I can teach you.  Join me in the forests
          and we will hunt together until the High Elder returns."

          "Tef'wo most prefers the sweet grass of the plains.  But he will
          also eat grain during our travels.  If you want to make him like
          you, apples and carrots will help."
          [***Kiet's post deleted for space ***]
        GM: Ack.

                        ---------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea will find a suitable nest that the eggs can go to. She
          remembers a story of one type of bird that never wanted to take
          care of its young, so it would put the eggs in with another nest
          and let the other birds raise them. This is what she will do.
          She will make sure that the eggs will be mixed in with another
          nest or two and make sure that the birds will adopt them, before
          she leaves the area.

          For the travel days, she will rest her mana pool, so that she
          can get as much back as possible. Once back at the citadel, she
          will look ask the anyone in the party to help her search the area
          for the nasty kotothi creatures. "They need to be wiped out" is
          all she will say about it. She will go out when her mana is at
          3/4 full from rest - during the days she is resting, she will
          practice her new Elven sword. "Arawn, if you have practice in
          wielding this sword, I would love to have your help, if you are
          not busy with other things." (not at my char sheet, so don't
          remember she has this skill or not yet.)

          The days are a little bit confusing to me of how many she will
          have, since I don't know my numbers right off the top of my head
          for how  long it will take for her to rest her mana before going
          out to find  the creatures.)
        GM: Ack.  You have Short sword and Sword skills. You are #4 on
            the IBT queue.  I'll get back to you on the stuff.  I
            can get you a estimate how long it'll take to get back to
            75% mana if needed right away?

                        ---------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <I do not know what I may have missed. This account gets a lot
          of spam and I can only check it unfiltered currently. After I
          deleted the thousand (actually more) spam I found some posts.>
          <The neb.rr.com account is dead til the bill is paid, its one
          of the penalties they use. The binary.net is separate and stays
          live.>

          <Magical healing is fine and worth using as we could get
          attacked in route. Though using El0 may be enough to conserve
          some mana if he is very low? The Wing will heal him pretty fast
          anyway, I think?> <I do not have much access to information on
          this computer at a friends house, so I will keep posts simple.
          Also this is limited to thur-sat. I may be able to check if I
          go to office>

          <so I will try to respond to some posts> Raban smiles and answers
          Arawn, "I would be honored to accept anything you could make for
          me, but does that not limit who could enchant it as well?

          An Elvish Bow would be a wonderful treasure, but one for my
          strength is quite difficult to make and an enchanted one more
          so. It may require a metal bow as I have never seen a wooden
          one of that strength. Ballista  use steel for that."

          <I do not think he made it to the next strength boarder yet?
          Raban is still short of his maximum(which is fairly close to
          another boarder?). An Elvish bow would solve many issues with
          that since it can be used by someone of lower strength. Raban
          the siege engine! Now he just needs that Sidh Bow Spell for
          Multiarrows!! >
        GM: Ack.  Why I have websites and archives.  For the URLs see the
            update header at top. Don't worry about fast response. The
            updates will be slow for awhile (month+) while I work on
            the IBT stuff and catch up. Should have sheet.  But yeah
            not close to max I don't recall.  Will be scary when you do. :)
            As to bows don't forget you were making your own and I have
            that note in my version of your sheet.

                        ---------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Whoops, forgot to forward this to the group.

          Ben'Dar laughs.

          "We will not be returning until the day of the High Elder's
          arrival, so bring necessary provisions.  You will likely have
          plenty of time to study weapon play.  I'm sure our "hunting"
          will be successful!"
          [*** Quoted posts deleted for space posted already ***]
        GM: Ack.

                        ---------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion starts casting a spell on the way back everyone seems to
          know a little bit. Those who know know it to be a version of the
          armor spell. He Casts it several times in a row (24-30) for about
          an hour. Then he stops casting it. This is the first time any of
          the group have observed this behavior from him (I'd guess). He
          will say, "Man, I wish I knew this spell when I was sailing
          from Chosai to Clima. It would have saved a lot of sailor to
          have had magical armor like this. I don't see us saving the
          world without a little protection from the thorns and arrows."

          The second day is spent much the same, he will cast it several
          dozen times on the ride/while stopped for breaks. After the
          second day he will see how he has done by taking a crossbow
          bolt to the chest (in chain enhanced with the spell). When it
          bounces/shatters he will know the spell has worked as well as
          it needs to (even better but who is counting).

          Chion will say, "No worries, in a week or so I can go pick up
          anyone we will need for the High Elder's adventure to save the
          world. I have plenty of time to recharge before he returns."
          Smiling, holding the staff in his hand.

          Chion asks Keit, "This "gambling" you were refering to. I
          have seen it done in several places in many ways. Perhaps
          you could teach me something about it? I do understand there
          are things such as "friendly wagers" in such games of chance?"
          He will smile and continue, "I haven't ever picked up the habit
          of games of chance myself, but understand they are resolved by
          both luck and knowing something about the games themselves...
          and sometimes cheating as well. But I wouldn't expect you to
          teach me that so much as I understand it is something I should
          learn on my own. And I hear there is something called a "tell"
          that everyone has when playing Go or certain kinds of card
          games. I will have several days where I need to just relax and
          do nothing at all, so perhaps learning about games would be in
          order." ... and he will wait for the no-doubt reply of
          indignation about it being a "hard life, yada yada yada..." But
          basically this is how he asks.
        GM: Ack.

                        ---------------------

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Kiet replies, "It was never my habit to gamble either...but
          onboard ship as crew you can hardly avoid it.  The only games
          I know are but simple ones.

          My favorite was where each of two players rolls two dice, one
          player at a time.  After three rolls, whoever has the highest
          roll wins the pot.  If both players roll '12', then their money
          stays in the pot but the next two players must bid to pay them
          for their pot and the new player's chance at rolling for the
          large pot.  That way the players that tie lose something...
          because they weren't winners... but they don't lose everything...
          because it was, after all, a tie."

          "I wasn't looking to 'gamble' so much as I was looking to let
          the gods decide who might receive relatively minor treasure
          goods."

          "And...onboard ship...new sailors that talk like you are
          usually like the dangerous fish in the ocean...sharks!"
          (smiling)
          [***Chion's post deleted for space ***]

          Kiet, "Well, I may have to head in early, but if I have time to
          make a few things before we go, then that would be a fine plan.
          I would like to learn to use these javelins from horseback."
          "Besides, it's probably safer for me to be 'out there' than in
          town."
          "Unfortunately in my homeland, horses are quite uncommon.  They
          have trouble adapting to the environ.  So, while I may know how
          to hitch up a wagon, usually to oxen and the like, I don't know
          much about horses."
          "But I have seen where everybody here on the continent seems to
          move swiftest wtih these beasts."
          [***Ben'dar's reply deleted for space ***]
        GM: Ack.

                        ---------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          If it seems apparent that Fremea has a nest or if she mentions
          it Arawn will perform a blessing and assist Fremea with ensuring
          that the young will be taken care of. OOC: Can Arawn identify
          the bird type by egg (just to assist with placement)?

          Arawn will also assist Fremea with searching for the Dirasa,
          between whatever IBT actions he needs to take. As for training
          with the Elvish Sword, Arawn will smile and reply,
          "Of course, my friend."
          [*** Fremea's post deleted for space ***]
        GM: Ack. No.  Don't have the skills for such.  Do have some simple
            knowledge on forest animals but not knowing the specific area
            of origin its hard to tell.

                        ---------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Arawn will notice that Fremea is checking on something in the
          tree every so often and then coming back to the group. Coming
          over to her at one point he asks her about it. "I saved a small
          nest of eggs, only two I am afraid to say, before the island was
          completely destroyed. I am making sure they are safe until I find
          a good place to put them. I have seen a group of birds that look
          like they will work to place the eggs in and hopefully be
          adopted."

          Fremea smiles at the elf when he offers to go after the Dirasa
          and to train her in the new sword she has gotten, "Thank you"
        GM: Ack.

                        ---------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          All spells except spells on self cast thru staff. When available
          cast in purified area.

          3rd - Riding/horsemanship skill. Patch up and heal folks and
          self. OSs as necessary.
          4th - Riding/horsemanship skill. Do any more healing needed. OS
          and Perception on major items. Practice spells in evening ***.
          5th - Riding/horsemanship skill. Rest from doing magic.
          6th - Riding/horsemanship skill. Practice spells in evening ***.
          7th - Find and rent forge etc.  Assemble materials appropriate for
          making and enchanting sling bullets. Find area suitable for
          permanent shamanic purification.
          8th - Work on making sling bullets (artistically with estimated
          enchanted values forged into designs). Cast permanent shamanic
          purification at max EL for later spellcastings. Practice spells
          in evening ***.
          9th - Work on making sling bullets.
          10th - Work on making sling bullets. Enchant bullets to max ELs
          in WSB; Hit Chance; FV. Practice spells in evening ***.
          11th - Work on making sling bullets.
          12th - Work on making sling bullets. Enchant bullets. Cast
          Shamanic Knowledge (max EL) to learn Liberate Spirit. Practice
          spells in evening ***.
          13th - Work on making sling bullets.
          14th - Work on making sling bullets. Enchant bullets. Practice
          spells in evening ***.
          15th - Meet with Elder.

          ***Spells to practice at EL0:
          OS; Shamanic Speed; Sh Dark Sight; Sh Prot v Chaos;     Repeat X3
          Luck; Sidh Invisibility;
          Concealing Mist; Mind Shield;
          Bal Purification; Clairvoyance; Watchful Sleep.
          Sorry Raban...not enough time to make decent armor.
        GM: Ack.  Your #6 on queue.

        [Apris 3rd, 1634TH. 6th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: Balance Domain, Dark Lands, Forest, heading West]

        [While the others make breakfast and prepares to head west,
         Fremea breaks away from the group quietly.  She finds the
         nest under the warm forest growth in the trees and watches
         them for a few moments.  She wonders what kind of birds these
         are and how they will grow up.  Surely to be in such a place
         like the flying island the birds must be strong and fierce.
         Stamina and strength alone should be signs of proper long
         term survival. Maybe eagles or hawks or even those larger bird
         creatures like Rocs or something?  She tries to recall what
         she saw on the island while exploring the roof while the others
         explored inside.  She tries to recall the last moments of the
         island and what birds she might have seen.  She recalls the
         bird calls were faint like those of small birds not long ranging
         calls like that of Corona.  Small birds might mean these eggs
         have better chance of being adopted by other birds.]

        [At one point Fremea returns to camp to show she hasn't been
         lost or attacked.  Arawn approaches and asks what she has
         been up to in a normal way.]

        Fremea: "I saved a small nest of eggs, only two I am afraid to say,
          before the island was completely destroyed. I am making sure
          they are safe until I find a good place to put them. I have seen
          a group of birds that look like they will work to place the eggs
          in and hopefully be adopted."

        [Arawn offers to bless the eggs.  Fremea thinks for a few moments
         on it.  This is her thing.  A private matter that seems to
         redeem her past life.  Yet Arawn's blessings have a direct line
         to the gods.  Maybe he can improve the survival of the birds.
         She nods and flies to find the nest.  She brings it back and
         he does a simple Druidic non-magical blessing on it.  Arawn
         tries to identify the eggs but can't.  That sort of skill is
         beyond his learning.]

        [Fremea smiles at how life has come around to tease her.  In her
         own life her family was taken away and she was forcibly adopted
         by her new family, though slavers.  Now she has been adopted
         by the family below.  A ragtag group of elite adventurers.  Who
         else might be friends with a god's son or a bard or a shaman
         or a tribal's son chief?  Once she was stealing for slavers to
         make her own survival bearable.  Now she is helping her new
         friends and people she doesn't even know.  A greater purpose
         it seems. Now at the death of one evil, the flying island,
         a new life might begin.  A life like her adopted by other birds.
         Arawn might say that's divine doing or a cosmic plan or fate
         but to Fremea its just life.]

        [Fremea takes to the air and circles high above, the sun now
         up is bright to her eyes but she soon finds a large grove
         of birds that either live there or are migrating.  She lands
         quietly in a nearby tree and studies them.  These birds are
         blue crested.  She knows birds like crows and many red crested
         birds can be rather nasty to other birds.  She watches quietly
         for a long time and notices they seem to have a family structure
         with one staying at the nest and another bringing food to the
         young.  There must be a few hundred bird and some minor white
         crested birds.  She decides this must be a good group for the
         nest she found.  Fremea flies back to get the nest gently and
         flies back to her observation tree.  She doesn't want to scare
         the birds so waits for a good time.  But she realizes the
         group might be missing her soon.  She flies smoothly forward
         and hovers for a few moments so the birds get used to her.  She
         then lands on a limb some 30 feet up and just stands for a
         minute or two.  Above and below must be a half dozen nests and
         birds.  They seem to watch her and remain quiet.  Most of the
         birds have flown away scared but it seems some need to protect
         the nest.  She walks toward one nest that has been abandoned.
         Leaning down she pours the nest of her eggs into the nest of
         2 other eggs.  The clank together with a soft tap.  She looks
         around and considers a hopeful request - maybe even a prayer
         to some standards - for a good life.  She feels the nest
         already made and now empty is good for others.  She places it
         on the other end of the limb for other birds to use.]

        [Fremea takes off and returns to the camp hoping the birds have
         a good life.]

        [Later during travel in the forest, while resting at various
         places Chion casts a spell that Arawn seems to know well.
         Arawn wonders if Chion learned it from him.  But some in the
         party might recall the first time the party saw use of the
         Armor spell was on the plains with the enemy Shaman.  He
         casts the spell over and over.  At the end of the day he
         speaks to all about the spell in casual passing.]

        Chion: "Man, I wish I knew this spell when I was sailing from
          Chosai to Clima. It would have saved a lot of sailor to have
          had magical armor like this. I don't see us saving the world
          without a little protection from the thorns and arrows."

        [Chion smiles thinking of that year long voyage, all for a simple
         quest.  A year on board with smelly sailors taught him enough
         of the sailor skills to be ready for that life.  Of course if
         he could teleport back then as good as he can now he'd done
         the trip in a day not a year.]

        [Chion repeats the spell castings the next day as well.]

                                ------------------

        [Apris 6th, 1634TH. 9th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: High Elder's domain, Dark Lands, Forest, heading West]

        [En route home Kiet thinks of the days he'll have in waiting for
         the High Elder.  He turns to Ben'dar.]

        Kiet: "Ben'Dar...when we reach the High Elder's citadel, would
          you have time and desire to teach me how better to ride?  I
          might be able to make it worth your while.  Also, what does
          Tef'wo most like to eat?"

        [Ben'dar smiles at the thought of teaching a agile acrobat how
         to sit on a horse proper.]

        Ben'dar: "Yes, I can teach you.  Join me in the forests and we
          will hunt together until the High Elder returns."

        [Zhou listens the last comment and turns in his horse.]

        Zhou: "Pardon.  But hunting is restricted in some areas.
           See the citadel guards for that information.  May have
           to travel a bit to do proper hunting.  The citizens
           do not like poaching on the High Elder's land."

        [Ben'dar ignores the comment, after all he was part in saving
         these lands from a threat.  A little hunting shouldn't hurt
         anyone.  Rules are made for common folk after all.  Besides
         Ben'dar feels he earned his right to hunt here.]

        Ben'dar: "Tef'wo most prefers the sweet grass of the plains.  But
          he will also eat grain during our travels.  If you want to make
          him like you, apples and carrots will help."

        [Upon hearing the word "apple", Tef'wo's ears perk up and he
         seems to get a bit excited.  Ben'dar pats him on the left
         side of his shoulder.]

        Kiet: "Ben'dar, if you can spare 4 days from Ma 8-12, then it
          would be my honor to ride with you....as long as you don't
          laugh..."

        Ben'dar [to Kiet]:  "We will not be returning until the day of the
          High Elder's arrival, so bring necessary provisions.  You will
          likely have plenty of time to study weapon play.  I'm sure our
          "hunting" will be successful!"

        [Ben'dar then realizes hunting in a forest isn't quite the same
         as hunting on the open plains.  It'll be quite the challenge.]

        Kiet: "Well, I may have to head in early, but if I have time to
          make a few things before we go, then that would be a fine plan.
          I would like to learn to use these javelins from horseback."

          "Besides, it's probably safer for me to be 'out there' than in
          town."

          "Unfortunately in my homeland, horses are quite uncommon.  They
          have trouble adapting to the environ.  So, while I may know how
          to hitch up a wagon, usually to oxen and the like, I don't know
          much about horses."

          "But I have seen where everybody here on the continent seems to
          move swiftest with these beasts."

        [Kiet considers his gargoyle sword he claimed but can't quite
         use it effectively yet.  Kiet speaks outloud to all.]

        Kiet: "I have this sword but need to learn how best to put it to
          use.  Our time at that horrid castle has taught me that I need
          some further weapons training.  Would anyone in our group be
          interested in helping me learn this?"

        [When the party heads through the dark forest Fremea finally
         speaks of her plans to go after the Dirasa.]

        Fremea:  "They need to be wiped out"

        Caladan: "If no one helps you I can.  A good fireball in their
          lair should stop them.  We'll need to get with some folks
          to learn of their hiding places."

        [Arawn also throws in his offer to help track down the Dirasa.
         After all Sidh vs anti-sidh is expected is it not?  He also
         hears her comments on the Elven sword.  He offers to help
         there as well.]

        [Fremea then considers practicing her sword.]

        Fremea: "Arawn, if you have practice in wielding this sword, I
          would love to have your help, if you are not busy with other
          things."

        Arawn: "Of course, my friend."

        Fremea: [Smiling]  "Thank you.

        [Arawn reminds Raban on his offer about bows.  Raban beams.]

        Raban: "I would be honored to accept anything you could make for
          me, but does that not limit who could enchant it as well?
          An Elvish Bow would be a wonderful treasure, but one for my
          strength is quite difficult to make and an enchanted one more
          so. It may require a metal bow as I have never seen a wooden
          one of that strength. Ballista  use steel for that."

        Oby: "Pardon me.  I couldn't help but hear.  If you are in need
          of weapons or armor, High Elder Ki'ama has authorized me
          to offer such things if needed.  Just let us know."

        [Raban frowns for a second and considers.  Could the offer be
         for free items and manufacture?  Surely he has specialized
         wizards here who could make good items after all this is the
         top magical land probably in the middle world.  But does these
         free items come at a price?]

        [After a time Kiet considers hunting with Ben'dar and realizes
         he might not have time for sword play.]

        Kiet: "I think I shall not have time to study for my new weapon...
          and I fear I may yet need it..."

        [Some wonder about going to get folks like Farseker, Kasha,
         Balrog, Trembyl and even Strie'bog.  Much less taking gear
         back home and such.]

        Chion: "No worries, in a week or so I can go pick up anyone we
          will need for the High Elder's adventure to save the world. I
          have plenty of time to recharge before he returns."
          [Smiling, holding the staff in his hand.  Chion rechecks his
          rings for dust and glances at the group escorting them to the
          Citadel.  All seems well enough.  But Chion seems to know
          the Elder well enough to suspect his meeting isn't one for
          thanks.]

        [Save the world?  Some in the party wonder about Chion's comments.
         Up to this point it seems the party has been almost guided
         and steered a certain way.  From unskilled magic users and
         fighters to mighty almost invulnerable adventurers.  From being
         home fighting low lifes on the street to fighting shamans
         to vampires to gray creatures and flying islands.  All a process
         that seems to be stepping up in strength.  From simple thugs
         to powerful regional enemies to regional threats to now saving
         the world?  What is next after that?  Some wonder if they are
         ready for such a thing.]

        [The silence is broken with Chion speaking to Kiet on gambling.]

        Chion: "This "gambling" you were referring to. I have seen it done
          in several places in many ways. Perhaps you could teach me
          something about it? I do understand there are things such as
          "friendly wagers" in such games of chance?"
          [He will smile and continue,] "I haven't ever picked up the
          habit of games of chance myself, but understand they are
          resolved by both luck and knowing something about the games
          themselves... and sometimes cheating as well. But I wouldn't
          expect you to teach me that so much as I understand it is
          something I should learn on my own. And I hear there is
          something called a "tell" that everyone has when playing Go or
          certain kinds of card games. I will have several days where I
          need to just relax and do nothing at all, so perhaps learning
          about games would be in order."

        [Kiet considers this and feels Chion's tell would be difficult
         even for professional gamblers.  He just barely expresses
         himself.  But someone like Ben'dar would be easy to figure
         out.  He grunts, frowns and smiles at just about anything.]

        [Chion rides on thinking about games.  Triest was a gamer and
         he liked dice.  OF course that's how he died.  In a stupid
         street game and someone felt they deserved his money back.
         What a waste.  Sure he saw games on the year long ship voyage
         but he was drawn in alone.  Most thought he was just weird
         so he didn't learn about it then.  They offered but felt he
         was a bit of a silly superstitious omen to them.  Wizards
         on a ship can cause so much trouble like some believe women
         can.  He observed but didn't have time to learn the rules then.]

        Kiet: [Smiling] "It was never my habit to gamble either...but
          onboard ship as crew you can hardly avoid it.  The only games
          I know are but simple ones. My favorite was where each of two
          players rolls two dice, one player at a time.  After three
          rolls, whoever has the highest roll wins the pot.  If both
          players roll '12', then their money stays in the pot but the
          next two players must bid to pay them for their pot and the
          new player's chance at rolling for the large pot.  That way
          the players that tie lose something... because they weren't
          winners... but they don't lose everything... because it was,
          after all, a tie."

          I wasn't looking to 'gamble' so much as I was looking to let
          the gods decide who might receive relatively minor treasure
          goods."

          "And...onboard ship...new sailors that talk like you are usually
          like the dangerous fish in the ocean...sharks!" [smiling]

        [As the party enters the gates of the Citadel the walls are lit
         up with periodic torches and guards in various places.  The
         tower of the High Elder, tallest structure in the Citadel, is
         dim and dark.  A sign that he must indeed be gone.  The manor
         house itself is lit up.   Passing through the gates with the
         wagon and treasure the party is wary but tired.  In just one
         week they took down a great threat to the Dark Lands, maybe
         to the entire middle world.  Most might go their lives not
         knowing but those who may will either approve or hate it.
         For those who might hate it like Wizard Itom the party will
         have to watch their time in this area.]

        [Arawn is a little put off entering the gates.  In his home land
         such things wouldn't be heard of. When an Alfar arrives even
         in the court of other gods the highest ranking member would
         be there, usually another god.  Ki'ama must've been called away
         or is avoiding the party all together.  Arawn wonders about the
         Anwora and hopes he was able to relay his words to his parents.
         He wonders if his mind can be cured with time or help.]

        [Caladan is happy to return to some civilized place.  He sees
         Corona and misses his firesnake back in Sivas.  Maybe he'll
         ask Chion to fetch it, maybe not.]

        [Chion eyes the citadel alert for traps, always suspicious of
         this place and the Elder.  Chion is smart enough to know that
         power is only power if one fears that person.  Most fear
         the High Elder.  But Chion wonders if some in the party could
         take him down without a second thought.  Heck, Ben'dar would
         probably punch him out, then order a ale.  But rumors for those
         who know, abound as to the High Elder's weakness.  They say
         he might not even be what he is or something with his true age.
         Chion considers visiting Correl and spending a few days with
         him or calling him here.  Surely the honeymoon is over since
         it has been a week.]

        [Fremea finds the Citadel gates like re-entering a slave wagon.
         It binds her to one place.  One advantage of having wings one
         can easily fly away.  But in places like this it traps her
         mind.  She wonders about the Seker and hopes he is okay.  She
         hasn't considered the Anwora in days.  He seemed quite broken
         by his time in the castle.  First things first, the Dirasa must
         pay for their foul existence.]

        [Kiet glances around the citadel and recalls he could've died
         in this place just days ago.  Heck he could've died up in
         the sky days ago.  Now fighters are called for?  What will
         he do?  If Fremea is not worried though maybe he shouldn't be.
         He briefly speaks to Zhou about something and seems relieved
         after it, more at ease.]

        [Raban climbs off his horse still awkward on a mount and wonders
         if he should continue with this group who can take care of
         themselves.  The party seems destined for bold and great things.
         Should he keep his place here or return tot he mundane world of
         seducing noble females and entertainingg fat male nobles?]

        [Unali feels awkward not holding daggers in a few days but feels
         relaxed finally being in this place.  She scoffs at the word
         citadel.  Compared to the Imperial Palace or Maros's Palace
         this is just a simple walled peasant home.  In fact it probably
         couldn't stand much from a military attack.  More information
         to relay to Duke Aren if she so desires.  She recalls her
         past younger days and compares it with today.  For years she
         has heard of the "evil" Dark Landers.  Those who use magic
         to bend mind, body and spirit for evil purposes.  Yet the
         majority of these people seem just like any others.  She wonders
         how the Dark Landers feel about Kataian folk?  Do they have
         the same exaggerated view?]

        [Z'leyra considers her choice of spells to cast in the next
         few days.  She recalls seeing a blacksmith in the citadel
         and a couple in the village.  Maybe they have a forge good
         enough for her to use or rent.]

        [The wagon stops and the two sky-prisoners are unloaded.  Having
         been quiet for days they are walked away.  Kiet had considered
         talking to them, strongly, but the language barrier is just too
         much at this point.  Sven didn't seem to agree with that either.]

        Oby: "They'll be taken to our small jail for now.  Till we can
          treat them and consider their future.  For now technically
          their lives are in your hands.  Under our custom their life
          is forfeit due to attacking you.  It is like a life debt
          but reversed.  If we can't learn their language through
          magic or convincing, then we'll have to figure out other
          things.  Maybe we can wipe their minds and let them start
          over in a new life."

        [Sven turns to the party and speaks out loud.]

        Sven: "I'll be leaving for home in the morning with my two
          Ipanza friends.  They need to return home as well.  If
          any would like to visit my estate your more than welcome.
          My obligation here is over and I'm not needed further.
          If there is a Wizard's Court held for the ...things out
          west then I may return.  May the fates be kind to all of
          you in your future."

        [With that Sven and the two barbarians head outside the gate
         and into the darkness likely to head to a village Inn for
         the night.]

        Oby: "We can store your wagon, horses and treasure.  The
          High Elder assures me all treasure is yours.  It will
          be secured and guarded.  If you need any magic items researched
          we can also supply people for that who are specialist and at
          no cost.  This will save you time and energy.  All information
          will be private and not go public.  As to your time away
          from us I would like to meet with all or most of you for
          a debriefing tomorrow morning.  We will have a full breakfast
          in the manor at 9 in the morning.  You are not obliged to
          stay here at all.  You may return to Marentia.  But if
          you wish to stay our village is at your service.  If you need
          healing, supplies or other services just ask.  Zhou will
          be your aide in that regard. We are in your debt so there
          will be no charge."

        [Oby pauses and then continues.]

        Oby: "If you need things personally just ask.  We will try to
          oblige.  For example, I understand Raban you need armor?
          We could get to work on that in the morning.  We could get
          our best wizards to make something for you.  As payment
          for your help in our great matter."

        [Soon the party breaks up and divides.  Some head to the barn
         to store horses, others to walk off the day's ride, others
         tot he tavern to eat or sleep.  A sleep that will not be hard
         to try to obtain.]

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Friday...

        GM: Well it seems I was sabotaged.  I just noticed a goof my
            minions did.  Month is actually April (or per Burton's
            calendar which I'm using) Apris.  Not Ma (May). So time
            goes BACK a month.  Somehow I skipped Marqi (March) to
            Ma (May).  It doesn't change anything. But you'll notice
            the headers above are now changed and timeline changed below.
            Same days just different month name.  Glad I noticed it now
            though.  More beatings to do.

        GM: CP Reports - Phase 1 complete.  All have returned CP
            selections and I've changed the attributes.  Phase
            2 will be after the IBT time for a final set depending
            on what is done (encounters, magic).

        GM: Timeline - [Reminder to me and you]
            Apris 3-6 - Travel to Citadel
            Apris 7-14- IBT time
            Apris 15  - High Elder's Meeting
            Total IBT Days: 12

        GM: IBT Actions - IBT events will be queued.  Since I don't have
            time to do but maybe 1-2 at a time it will take time to
            process them all.  First come first serve.

               Sent/Posted IBT actions already
            #1 - Ben'dar          #2 - Chion
            #3 - Kiet             #4 - Fremea
            #5 - Unali            #6 - Z'leyra

            Will get to these actions as soon as I can.

        GM: Character Sheets
            All character sheets have been sent out.

            Please remember these sheets don't have changed data in terms
            of updated formulae.  These sheets will be updated AFTER IBT
            time.  This is only a reference for you to decide on IBT
            actions.

        GM: Reminder - Language Necklace of Z'leyra's.  If you want
            to use it ask I'm sure she won't mind.  One per day
            so looks like up to 12 uses.  First come first serve
            OR selection by Z'leyra.

        GM: Treasure - Since no more claims seem to be coming in I will
            end the process on 2/23.  This gives one final week.  Then
            I'll start to distribute treasure and shares to sheets.

        GM: Status of players [As of current day - Ma 3rd]

              Players     Energy     Health    Mana
              Kiet         100%       100%      35%
              Chion        100%       100%      86%
              Fremea        96%       100%       9%
              Arawn         67%       100%      88%
              Z'leyra       99%        90%      98%
              Raban         94%        49%      58%

        GM: Raban the healing you mention do you want to do it yourself
            or have someone like Z'leyra/Arawn do it?