[pnpgm] Zinger...

kzinti maouse kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 22:52:54 CEST 2008

        Zhou: "The challenger gets the right to name the time and
          places a limit on the challenge.  But he only gets
          one spell to deny.  Chion in this case can deny the
          challenge but would be a bad thing for his standing in
          the Dark Lands.  He'd be tainted.  He could go through
          with the challenge and if so he has the right to use
          magic from afar or magic in close quarters.  Some prefer
          to duel using magic in range like weapons.  Others like
          to stand a few dozen paces away and cast magic at each
          other.  Both start at the same time.  Chion has the
          right also to declare his Referee to judge the contest
          but Zing can object only on the grounds he thinks it
          will not be impartial.  That probably excludes Correl.
          The High Elder is ultimate judge but Chion has the
          right to pick his own referee."

        Zing: "We do this now!"

        [Zhou stands up and approaches the two.]

        Zhou: "You know the rules.  No one can duel inside the
          citadel.  You can duel outside."

        [Zing turns to Zhou.]

        Zing: "If the coward accepts I choose this fight for now
          and he can't use his most precious spell of teleportation."

        [Zhou turns to Chion.]

        Zhou: "Do you accept? If so who is your Referee? Magic
         in close quarters or distance?"

Chion replies, smiling, "Zing, my old friend. There would be no greater feeling I could have than the joy I would get from settling the conflict between us. A conflict brought about by your own incompetancy with the magical arts. By you breaking a rule we all know is sacred here. I would want to see your eyes when I did so, close quarters it is. And anyone can referee, but I chose a person who would be ultimately honest in his interpretation of a winner. Caladan. He knows both sides of this conflict well. And no teleportation? You make me laugh. HA! You must have heard of how I destroyed the former owner of this ring (holding up his closed fist with the ring on it). But you are no immortal lemassu. So heed my words now, if you wish a duel, you have it. If you wish to win, you should have chosen someone else to mess with!" Chion will look at his friends, wondering where the Sorceress is. Wondering if this is just a delay tactic while someone else explores
 the castle. Wondering if its just an (by the Sorceress?) attempt to get him to expend some magical energy before the trip. A delay tactic. In that case he will go for the quick win (timestop, wounds, and a martial blow to the head).

(this may change to simply using fascination on the poor Zing and making him a thrall for life, I haven't really decided yet)

-Marcel