[pnpgm] Game update #44 - File #182 - Questions on Mission

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri May 9 08:52:22 CEST 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  -- J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #44 in sequence (file #182)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar doesn't have any response or actions other than the
          disappointed sigh not being able to bring Tef'wo.  Being
          without Tef'wo is like not bring along any weapons.  He feels
          naked when not on horseback.  But there doesn't seem to be
          any help for it this time.
        GM: Ack.

                --------------------------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          [Raban sighs a bit to himself as he thinks over his options.
          He just promised his protection again and at a glance its
          obvious she will go, so how could he refuse. Now there will
          be issues with transportation, does a horse big enough for me
          to ride even exist? Reaching deep inside himself he feels for
          guidance, and finds he is needed on this mission.

          Well they better not need me to carry a castle back, that may
          be a bit much even for me. Sensing some far off laughter, Raban
          smiles, at least his Goddess is amused and that may be all that
          really matters. ] <Disclaimer...Raban may or may not actually
          sense anything from his g oddess at any time. He may just be
          insane or his player is ;) >

          Grinning Raban says, "High Elder Ki'ama, it would seem my playing
          for you will be delayed a bit due to visiting the frozen north.
          A Bard does need to travel and learn of other places, as it
          inspires his stories and songs. Even with the right to the
          Lawful Lie, it is best to tell wondrous stories with some truth
          in them. I thank you for this chance to add to my stories
          further, though my visit here has already added years of
          material."

          <Question: Can a bard bless himself? Some priest magic does
          not allow that but I don't think I saw any restrictions on
          Bless>
        GM: Ack. I see no restriction on Bless for yourself.  However,
            on a Priestly stance would one serve their god/goddess
            by blessing themselves?  Would that make them selfish or
            selfless?  To serve others or serve yourself?  Just
            one of those moral things for you to decide. :)

                --------------------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion stands and puts his hand on Red's (aka Sven) temple and
          wiggles it back and forth like a prayer pillar as he says
          "IiiiIIiii want the knife!"

          (that was a joke btw)

          Chion replies to the High Elder, "High Elder, what are the odds
          that after so long, given that the flying enchantments obviously
          still work, the defensive enchantments work as well?" Smiling,
          of course, knowing full well the High Elder has not ignored this
          in his own thinking, but bringing it up for the edification of
          the party who is about to visit the Castle. The smile is
          slightly smug, as he knows the High Elder has purposely ignored
          talking about this, but that it is an obvious good chance given
          what has happened (or not) to their previous scout. It also
          irks Chion to think that he said there are no level 3 (however
          that translates in his mind) teleporters. Obviously this is not
          the case. But he lets it slide, given the source, and considers
          it an attempt to "butter him up" for the trip rather than a
          blatant lie.
        GM: Ack.  Like the Joke. :)

                --------------------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          "It seems there are many things for all to learn still."
          Fremea unfurls her wings slightly and readjust herself in her
          seat. She wonders what info he has about her and if he might
          have anything useful about those she seeks, or at least a way
          to start finding them quickly. Hopefully after this is done,
          she can ask for a private audience to find out. "I also wonder
          though about those 'creatures.'" She looks very disgusted as
          she thinks about them. "Are they part of someones realm? Or
          rather, would they be missed if they were no longer inhabiting
          their lair?"
          A flying castle? Why do dumb humans with no wings ever even
          try? They may as well drown themselves in the oceans, trying
          to breath underwater forever as if they can fly somewhere. It
          is no mystery to that she knows how flying works and has to
          keep a small laugh back, thinking about how others have
          attempted to do it. Of course, it would take great magics to
          bind the elementals into that long of service without turning
          on the summoners. And it would make a great place to live,
          away from all those that want to hurt her for being different.
          Maybe some of the humans aren't so dumb. And she wonders if
          there could be other great instruments for her purposes, hmmm .....
        GM: Ack.

                --------------------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          As the High Elder finished his introductions Arawn replied
          graciously.

          "High Elder, it is a pleasure and honor to be your guest in a
          realm where magic is strong and where wisdom rules the land.
          When I return home it will be my pleasure to share with you
          the wonder of my homeland if you should ever journey there.

          For now I can only offer you a meager gift that is not even a
          pale shadow of what I have to offer you in the High Realms of
          the Sidh. your journey left little time for preparation and I
          hope that you will accept this gift as a token of respect and
          well-being on my behalf. "

          He nods to any servant that may have carried the Elf Bow as a
          gift for the High Elder. (Didn't have time to discuss the
          details on this but feel free to modify this however it would
          have best been presented after discussions with Kwat and Oby)

          Arawn sat quietly as he listened the tale spun by the Dark Lands
          leader. Although he was raised in a realm of great mystery and
          power he found many aspects of the Mortal Realm fascinating with
          its new experiences and adventures. His curiousity was piqued
          in regards to the flying castle and its possible connections to
          Lymria and he thought over what he remembered reading about it
          in his family's libraries. He would have a chance to investigate
          such things first hand, a rare opportunity for the gods and
          their children since the time of the Sundering and God Wars.
          When the High Elder was done speaking he spoke up.

          "High Elder, a question or two if I may. I have heard of
          Lymria, though the information was from a distant source. What
          I heard matches the information you have but for one item, there
          were three castles and all 3 fell from the sky. I'm not sure of
          the truth of the situation but if this is the case, is it
          possible that another such castle could exist or have been
          created since the fall?

          With this Elemental Staff one might be able to craft another
          floating realm. Do you know of the whereabouts of the Elemental
          Staff now?

          And, lastly, are the books mentioned, the journal found amidst
          the wreckage and Xa Mings writings, available for further study
          on the subject?"
        GM: Ack.

                --------------------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra will have a quiet chat with Corona about the upcoming
          adventure...That higher than they have ever flown before a land
          and perhaps castle is held up by magic as it floats thru the
          sky. We have to investigate. Who knows what dangers there might?

          Z'leyra ponders the possibility that the party might want or
          need magical belts of flying or levitation. She considers her
          mana supply and how much time they have.
        GM: Ack. Remind me on the Corona thing later after meeting.

        [Marqi 30th, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: High Elder's Domain, Dark Lands, North-East
           corner of continent, center of Dark Lands.]

        [Time: 12:08pm]

        [Earlier in introductions Fremea replies on the Dirasa.]

        Fremea: "It seems there are many things for all to learn still."

        [Fremea unfurls her wings slightly and readjust herself in her
         seat. She wonders what info he has about her and if he might have
         anything useful about those she seeks, or at least a way to
         start finding them quickly. Hopefully after this is done, she
         can ask for a private audience to find out.  She hears the
         security chief rustle as she unfurls her wings.  She looks
         back to see him put a hand to his belt likely to a dagger.  She
         smiles slightly and realizes this could be seen as a possible
         attack move.  She turns back to the Elder and continues.]

        Fremea: "I also wonder though about those 'creatures.'"
          [She looks very disgusted as she thinks about them.] "Are they
          part of someone's realm? Or rather, would they be missed if they
          were no longer inhabiting their lair?"

        [Ki'ama tilts his head to look at Kwat in the back for ideas.
         But Kwat gives none.]

        Elder: "I am sorry.  I'm no animal expert in this area.  Oby
          was debriefed on your attack and I was informed from it.
          I only understand from some others they are simple creatures
          of the wilderness found all over.  Well whatever terrain
          they seem to like best.  I have no idea if they are in a lair
          or just visiting the area.  For that knowledge I'm sorry.
          Maybe someone in the village knows more in this area than I do."

        [After Arawn's introduction, Arawn reacts...]

        Arawn: "High Elder, it is a pleasure and honor to be your guest
          in a realm where magic is strong and where wisdom rules the
          land.  When I return home it will be my pleasure to share with
          you the wonder of my homeland if you should ever journey there.

          For now I can only offer you a meager gift that is not even a
          pale shadow of what I have to offer you in the High Realms of
          the Sidh. your journey left little time for preparation and I
          hope that you will accept this gift as a token of respect and
          well-being on my behalf. "

        [Arawn turns to Kwat who nods.  Kwat turns and walks to the door.
         He glances at Ki'ama who taps a jewel and nods.  Kwat opens
         the door and someone on the other side gives him a pillow.
         Kwat waves his hand over it and turns around.  He closes the
         door and Ki'ama reactivates the silence and anti-surveillance
         wards. Arawn, Z'leyra and Chion find it odd that he is carrying
         an empty red pillow.  Arawn looks to Kwat who nods and turns
         to the High Elder.  The Elder seems to blink a few times and
         concentrates.  To the other party members an image of Arawn's
         Elven Bow appears.  An illusion it seems?]

        Elder: "A bow?  No.  Not a simple bow.  An Elven Bow.  Indeed
          a very nice gift.  I am honored to receive such a gift.
          I thank you Arawn.  It looks to be of great craftsmanship."
          [Kwat turns and heads down the center aisle back to the rear
          wall.  He simply tucks the pillow into a small cabinet.
          Arawn realizes it must be an illusion rather than the actual
          bow.] "The illusion of the bow was a good one.  We allow
          no weapons in this room or the manor.  Oby has taken the
          bow into custody and I will study it later.  I hear those
          bows are more powerful than most human ones."

        [The Elder smiles and folds his hands and nods to Arawan in
         appreciation.  Of course there are no weapons allowed here.
         So that had to be an illusion.  Arawn then panics and tries
         to recall if he gave Oby regular or elven arrows or none at all?]

        [The Elder discusses magic and Katai with Unali in her introduction.
         Unali replies with a flowing calm voice.]

        Unali: "No offence meant, but from what I have seen in various
          courts now is that knowledge in itself can be a dangerous thing.
          Adding magic to a society with such intricate social rules as
          Katai has might be a very dangerous thing if it is not properly
          balanced. Personally, I feel that it may take a while before
          magic is used in the open there, and that the current situation
          is not all bad. I share your desire for peace in the area and
          put that desire first and foremost.

          There seem to be more tribes in this area who frown upon the
          use of magic I gather from this Novasa guy. It is an
          interesting subject, this social antipathy to magic, which
          I hope to discuss more someday."

        [The Elder glances to Kwat who holds up 2 fingers at the mention
         of Novasa.  Fremea is the only one who notices the odd exchange
         of information between the two.  The Elder then turns back
         to Unali and nods.]

        Elder: "No offense taken madam.  I do understand the Imperial
          leadership there controls information to a degree that
          is as dangerous as no information.  Sometimes a open society
          such as Marentia isn't the best but the closed society of
          censorship like Katai may be more so.  We strive for the
          middle ground.  You know of Novasa I see?  Fascinating. He
          does not normally talk to most outsiders here much less
          those here.  He seems to have a strange power to look into
          the soul of a person and know who and what they are about.
          I do not begin to understand his ability in this area.
          But I do know he is one of the most capable wizards here.
          If he talks to you he must see something in you rather
          unique and special.  You should feel honored."

                                -----------------------

        [Time: 12:14pm]

        [Ben'dar listens to the explanation of their mission and feels
         sad he will not be able to use Tef'wo in any final conflict
         with this so called flying castle.  But at least he will be
         able to ride Tef'wo to that point.  He finds it interesting
         that Ki'ama went out of his way to go to the stables to
         inspect Tef'wo.  Even among many horses Tef'wo seems to
         stand out distinct.  Either that or Ki'ama detected his
         presence through magic and that necklace?  Ben'dar is also
         intrigued to know Sven will join the party and be their
         guide.  He finds the warrior, some call a Viking, to be
         friendly and like himself.]

        [Raban sighs and considers his options at present.  He squirms
         a bit learning there will be travel involved.  He thinks
         to himself that all have horses but him and Fremea.  Does
         this Kiet have a horse? Fremea doesn't need a horse per se.
         Raban is so huge that it must be a tough horse if he finds
         one.  Maybe the High Elder has some opinion on this.  He
         looks to Chion and finds him rather large as well and he
         seems to have his own horse.  He wonders if he is going to
         be treated like the pack mule and be load bearer?  Doubtful
         but in this society it could be that.  He concentrates on
         thoughts of his goddess but something seems to interfere
         with those thoughts.  He finds it rather disturbing.  Could
         the High Elder be actually blocking normal and magical
         surveillance.  Could he dare even block divine views from
         this room?  Is the old man that paranoid or is he not wanting
         outsiders from low to high to listen on this discussion?
         Raban grins and replies when the room falls quiet.]

        Raban: "High Elder Ki'ama, it would seem my playing for you will
          be delayed a bit due to visiting the frozen north.  A Bard does
          need to travel and learn of other places, as it inspires his
          stories and songs. Even with the right to the Lawful Lie, it is
          best to tell wondrous stories with some truth in them. I thank
          you for this chance to add to my stories further, though my
          visit here has already added years of material."

        [Ki'ama seems to squirm himself as he ponders his reply. He
         looks to his security chief and Sven then back to Raban.
         With a slight frown he replies.]

        Elder: "Yes.  Well, on that matter we should keep such stories
          a bit limited.  This whole business about flying things could
          even frighten some of our wizards.  To others they would
          seek it as a power source.  To others as a challenge to
          create their own.  Maybe you could twist such a song or story
          so that the castle was not flying or in the sky?  Maybe high
          in the mountains?  That might work.  Otherwise anything else
          you've seen here you are free to use as material.  In fact
          I encourage such for culture exchange.  Then when you return
          I'm sure I'll be pleased to hear more of your music."

        [Chion listens to the High Elder and wonders if this is just
         another one of his infamous tests.  The timing seems awfully
         neat for the other events.  Why not have others he has
         likely dealt with before deal with it?  Could he be hiding
         this from the people.  That is for certain.  Knowledge is
         everything here but just not for everyone it seems.]

        Chion: "High Elder, what are the odds that after so long, given
          that the flying enchantments obviously still work, the defensive
          enchantments work as well?" [Smiling, of course, knowing full
          well the High Elder has not ignored this in his own thinking,
          but bringing it up for the edification of the party who is about
          to visit the Castle. The smile is slightly smug, as he knows the
          High Elder has purposely ignored talking about this, but that it
          is an obvious good chance given what has happened (or not) to
          their previous scout. It also irks Chion to think that he said
          there are no level 3 (however that translates in his mind)
          teleporters. Obviously this is not the case. But he lets it
          slide, given the source, and considers it an attempt to "butter
          him up" for the trip rather than a blatant lie.

        [The High Elder turns to Chion and nods with a twinkle in his
         eyes he smiles back knowingly.]

        Elder: "Always the direct question.  That is why you are here.
          Obviously the enchantments or rather the bound aerials that
          keep the castle afloat is still active.  As to castle wards
          and magic I have no idea what is active or not.  The book
          I have doesn't even go into those details.  I doubt they
          would for secret sake.  Why spread out al the defenses of
          a castle to anyone who might visit?  I foresee six possible
          dangers in the mission.  First and most obvious is the
          height issue.  Hopefully that can be controlled and spells
          can be used to avoid that danger.  Wind would be hard to
          deal with initially if going into or up to it.  This is
          why teleportation may be the best thing.  Creatures and
          natural defenses like the aerial elementals that are
          bound around the perimeter.  While I suspect these creatures
          are dormant or in hibernation they could still be active
          or released upon entry.  I just don't know.  It could be
          magic holding and moving the castle around and the elementals
          long dead.  Anyone know how long an aerial elemental lives?
          The castle could be so old it could be dangerous to explore.
          Then there is the magic of the castle.  Lucky for your group
          you have sidh with you to sense magic.  Lastly is the unknown
          things I or you can't predict.  But I'm confident that
          each of you will survive this mission."

        [Chion listens and his smug smile continues.  Chion can still
         sense the Elder is holding something back.  Even if he does
         know of more dangers surely he would tell the party?  But
         then again his tests would be ruined if all is known.  To
         test champions he must set them adrift to their own fate.
         Chion knows this and likely most of the party realize this.
         Ticero died for the High Elder's test though and if the
         Elder knows about more dangers he died in vain.  For that
         it makes Chion a bit irked.  That he cares little for someone
         to not warn them.  That book if only they could look at it
         and study.  But the party likely doesn't even know the
         language much less the time to study it.  Its likely safe
         and stored away in the tower.  Also the fact that the sidh
         are here is part of his overall plan.  Who here in the dark
         lands knows how to sense magic and its danger?  Maybe one or
         two max?  Could they be skilled enough for such a mission?
         Doubtful.  Then there is the point of teleport.  Trying to
         convince Chion that he is needed here for his special gift
         of teleportation.  Surely there are more wizards who could
         easily go 9 miles?  Would they or have they already?  Is
         Ticero the first or last one to be there?  But then again
         maybe the Elder sees need of his skill in teleport to be
         further in the future?]

        [Fremea listens to the wild story that seems to surprise the
         Humans.  She studies the High Elder's face for any signs
         of non-verbal cues.  She wishes she could study that stone
         faced security guy in the back.  She laughs inwardly to
         herself at the folly of humans trying to control and bend
         nature to their will.  The dumb humans seem to for centuries
         try to rule nature rather than work with it.  They abuse
         nature for profit or for their dirty homes.  Elves and Dwarves
         work with nature and revere it.  Faerry also honor nature but
         use it for their purpose to almost the point of abuse but
         never hardly cross that line to abuse.  These humans who have
         to depend on magic to fly, walk on water, breath underwater,
         walk through walls just will never understand the damage they
         may do to nature.  This is why Elves and Faerry fear humans
         for they think they will ruin the middle world.  Dwarves don't
         seem to care either way.  Yet powerful mages can create
         flying castles.  Things even the Elves and Faerry have dared
         never to try.  Why would they?  Deep down the non-humans fear
         the Humans will someday rule all the land and the non-humans
         will shrink to extinction.  This is one reason the Faerry are
         slowly going into human society to try to stop this or to
         spy on these dumb but improving humans.]

        [Arawn finds the whole conversation of Lymria interesting. He
         tries to recall the studies in his own family library on
         the matter.  He then replies back to the High Elder.]

        Arawn: "High Elder, a question or two if I may. I have heard of
          Lymria, though the information was from a distant source. What
          I heard matches the information you have but for one item, there
          were three castles and all 3 fell from the sky. I'm not sure of
          the truth of the situation but if this is the case, is it
          possible that another such castle could exist or have been
          created since the fall?

          With this Elemental Staff one might be able to craft another
          floating realm. Do you know of the whereabouts of the Elemental
          Staff now?

          And, lastly, are the books mentioned, the journal found amidst
          the wreckage and Xa Mings writings, available for further study
          on the subject?"

        Elder: "Another castle?  I would suspect your information might
          be more reliable than mine.  My book comes from handed down
          information through centuries of stories.  It could be the
          lost castle is indeed Lymria or from another place." [He
          rubs his chin in thought as he wonders this.] "I do not know
          which is true but I suspect your information might be indeed
          the truth.  If that is the case this makes the mission a
          bit more risky.  Why are they here.  Did they fight in the
          Lymrian Civil War? Many new questions.  The Elemental Staff
          last I heard was taken by some group called the Red Anchor
          and divided up among the four corners of the world.  One
          part I believe is in Lemasa.  But I can only assume its
          still in pieces all over the land.  It is a powerful item
          from what I've read.  As to this journal?  I don't recall
          it mentioning any such journal.  There were several writings
          of people who survived the holocaust events and wrote about
          the Lymrian Civil War.  But I don't recall the journal
          you mention."

        [Z'leyra hears the info on the Elemental Staff and glances
         at Chion who seems stone faced.  Most of the party aside
         from Fremea, Kiet, Raban and Arawn indeed know the status
         of the Staff.  Their time in Clima saw the end of the staff
         when Trembyl turned it over to Lady Varo.  Those in the
         party ponder if they should tell Arawn here or outside
         away from the Elder or not at all.  Chion knows that
         time the Elder wasn't spying on the group so he has no
         knowledge, he believes, of that Climan period for the party.]

        [Arawn listens to the Elder's reply but still detects something
         not being discussed here.  If only he could question the
         Elder like a common street thug.  In this place and time it
         would be difficult to do so.  Maybe in their mission they
         will uncover the whole truth.]

        [Kiet considers the upcoming interrogation from Kwat.  He tries
         to recall the customs and laws here.  He also tries to recall
         the faces and descriptions of the people in the warehouse.
         Will Kwat use magic like truth spells or mind reading spells
         to draw the information out?]

        [Kiet is in shock!  The High Elder wants him to travel to this
         very likely dangerous place miles high in the sky and do it
         with strangers to watch my back?  Kiet says nothing...as he
         knows he cannot change the direction of these things...and
         already said he would do as the High Elder has asked.]

        [Kiet smiles to himself knowing that he might be able to handle
         this high flying action.]

        [Arawn listens to the group discuss the future mission they
         seem to have been drawn here by fate or by design.  He wishes
         he could recall all the details on Lymria and that strange
         world of unique magics that would make this place look like
         modern Katai.  A land where wizards could literally rise and
         lower mountains as if they were playing music.  Could some
         ancient survivor of Lymria have survive or one of their
         great forces of nature?  Unlikely but the world never knows
         in this strange middle plane.  He wishes he could just pop
         back home to check his library.  But if he could he'd
         likely not return here.  Sometimes fate seems to tempt him
         and then pop the bubble away.]

        [Ben'dar slaps a hand on his knee eager to go traveling and
         spend time with Sven and Tef'wo.  Eager for battle once
         again after months of tame ranch business.]

        [Caladan remains quiet during the talk.  He ponders the
         sky thing and wonders if its some sky spirit his people seem
         to worship so much.  Caladan has some nagging belief in those
         spirits but he is also educated and a wizard.  As such he
         wonders if this is to become belief in a sky spirit or some
         powerful wizard.  A taste of his own faith it seems.]

        [Chion wonders if the high Elder will be sending other spies
         to track the party and finds that to be very high chance.
         But he wonders to which domain he'll be going to.  Will
         they be friendly or enemy land?  If he finds the flying
         castle to be a threat will he destroy the item or learn from
         it.  Ki'ama put the right in his hands.  Would he make the
         right choice?  Would Chion even attempt to use the flying
         castle as some new home for himself?  Would the Elder allow
         it?  Would such a balance of power shift in the area be
         allowed by other forces?]

        [Fremea wonders about flying that high if she can breath
         and handle the high winds.  She has flown a few times in
         intense winds but that was what a few miles per hour of
         wind strength?  Up that high it can be much higher.]

        [Kiet plans his words for the future interrogation as he
         considers the cult or whatever they are.  Will they be
         after him during this mission?  Probably not.  But he
         will have to watch his back.]

        [Raban wonders how long he may have to walk for this trip.
         He looks to Sven for some sign that its a long or short
         trip but no sign is given.]

        [Unali knows that a flying castle in the hands of Ki'ama
         or the Katai nobles would surely bend the balance of
         power in the wrong direction.  That could lead to civil
         war and break up of the domains.  But then she considers
         the height.  She has been on tall mountains before but
         there is that slight fear of heights.  Surely she can't
         see the ground from that high up right?]

        Elder: "Are there any further questions or do you need anything
          in particular for the trip?  If you need equipment or
          supplies you can see Zhou and he will handle all that. I
          believe Sven will want to leave immediately."

        Sven: "I will need to fetch some things and then we can all
          meet in the meeting room where I can show maps where we
          are going to.  Say within 10-15 minutes after this meeting
          is ended?  That should give time for Kwat to talk to Kiet
          as well."

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update...Monday...

        GM: Above stuff on Kiet with ... was from him.  With slight
            edits and deletes not to reveal possible secrets it was
            sent to me not the list.  Unali's stuff was missing for
            awhile and finally posted above. Not Wout's fault.

        GM: Short Update.  Monday I'll go into details on the trip
            including trip route and such.  At this point if you
            have questions or need supplies let me know.  We will
            likely move on the trip next Friday if all goes well. :)
            Run out of time for this update so its mostly replies
            to replies. Not much new.  Sorry. :<