[pnpgm] Game update #27 - File #77 - Chion returns to Bar [again]

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 02:16:48 CET 2008


   Arawn sat pondering the nature of Micah's device. He desired to ask further questions but realized that this was likely neither the time nor place. Fittingly as only moments later the tavern broke into minor chaos. As Elam and the party raced to cover the Chion and the assassins sudden appearance Arawn barely suppressed the urge to roll his eyes into the back of his head. All this fuss over nothing, everyone was acting as if there was something to hide. In Arawn's eyes this was simple, an altercation between an assassin and those who defended themselves, nothing more. If the authorities could not determine that then they deserved whatever the party could throw at them. But right now everyone was running around as if it were the end of the world. 

   "I don't see why everyone is making such a fuss."

He sighed, Mortals....


----- Original Message ----
From: Scott Adams <longshot at darktech.org>
To: PBEM List <pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:23:11 AM
Subject: [pnpgm] Game update #27 - File #77 - Chion returns to Bar [again]


  HT Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
    Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
    Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),
            
    Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
    Public posts/actions to pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl (mailing list)
    Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org
                        
    Game Update #27 in sequence (file #77) 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
              
    Admin notes: None. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    [Recap]

        From Unali: [Re: Actions]
          Unali: "Thanks, Raban, for the blessing. Seems that I could
          use it as things stand."

          [Rest of email deleted as a simple quoted repeat]
        GM: Ack.  A bit of a future response but good enough. 

                ---------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: actions]
          "My contacts were all in Sivas city.  How did I find out
          about her? Very simple.  When my associates were jailed I
          noticed her talking to others."

          Chion will add a few more questions, "What are the names of
          your contacts in Sivas City? What are they called now? What
          is the name of your associate that was jailed by Unali's
          actions?"

          He will look at Fremea and say (loud enough for everyone to
          hear), "Well, what would you like to do with him? I am leaning
          towards turning him in, to the guards, after wiping his mind
          of our conversation.

          But we could just as easily wipe his mind completely and let
          him go. They made it seem somewhat important that we return with
          him alive. But, personally, at this point I don't care." (he
          will look back at Kel to see if he is concerned at where the
          conversation is going) "There is nothing to say that he was not
          dead when we teleported out, after all, he was lieing "deadish"
          on the ground."

          Smiling at Kel Chion will give out, "Unali is fine. Are you
          saying that your means of getting answers are less than one
          hundred percent? If so, perhaps I will send you back and finish
          the interrogation myself?" He seems a little annoyed at her,
          but smiles nicely. "Besides, I have plenty of time to get
          whereever I want to go."
        GM: Ack. 

                ---------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea will look to Chion for anything else. If not she will
          walk up to Kel and whisper into his ear again, then turn to
          Chion.

          "Should we go? If Unali is dead then we need to tend to that,
          if not we should find out how everyone else is and get out of
          the city. More than likely there will more of these "lone"
          assassins and it would be good to leave soon."
        GM: Ack. 

                ---------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Upon hearing Elam's words Arawn decides that staying put will
          prove both less of a problem and less of a threat to his
          security than avoiding the investigation. Nodding his
          understanding he gently unwrapped his wrap, just enough to
          give a decent view of his face to those paying attention while
          keeping his other features hidden. As he does so he asks Elam,

          "That which Micah used, was it a spell of some sort or something else?"
        GM: Ack. 

    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    [New Stuff]

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
        Location: Maren City, Chion's House]
        [Time: 8:25am]


        Chion: "What are the names of your contacts in Sivas City? What
          are they called now? What is the name of your associate that
          was jailed by Unali's actions?"

        Kel: "Priestess Amel was the only one I reported to and took
          orders from.  She's probably executed by now.  The merchant
          Kromin was jailed but he was just a contact for us when
          we needed help or supplies.  There are dozens of others
          in the group but I don't ask their names and they don't ask
          my names.  Its safer that way.  All likely jailed and
          captured by now by the guards.  I knew of no one here in
          Maren city." [He looks to Chion to confirm where he might
          be but Chion remains expressionless.] "So I guess it's
          another finger or my hand? I may not work for a guild but
          clearly you seem to be.  Aren't there rules on harming
          other assassins?" 

        [Chion turns to Fremea and speaks loud enough for the trio
          to hear.  He ignores the comments and subtle threat.  Who
          would find out?  He'll likely be killed or thrown in the
          deepest hole the guards can find.]

        Chion: "Well, what would you like to do with him? I am leaning
          towards turning him in, to the guards, after wipeing his mind
          of our conversation.

          But we could just as easily wipe his mind completely and let
          him go. They made it seem somewhat important that we return
          with him alive. But, personally, at this point I don't care."
          (he will look back at Kel to see if he is concerned at where the
          conversation is going) "There is nothing to say that he was not
          dead when we teleported out, after all, he was lieing "deadish"
          on the ground."

        [Kel yawns and shows no expression other than his yawn. He
          shrugs as if not caring.]

        Kel: "Never been around Climan Priestess's before? I've seen
          them transmute a man's...ahh...body into things you'd not
          want to be turned into.  I know I'm a dead man either way.
          My job is done and she is dead."

        [Chion smiles at Kel and flips the bloody knife in his hand
          and slaps his wrist.]

        Chion: "Unali is fine. Are you saying that your means of getting
          answers are less than one hundred percent? If so, perhaps I
          will send you back and finish the interrogation myself?" [He
          seems a little annoyed at her, but smiles nicely.] "Besides, I
          have plenty of time to get whereever I want to go."

        [Kel grits his teeth and jerks in the chair for the first time.]

        Kel: "You lie! She has to be dead.  I saw the dart hit her.
          The poison is fast acting and she'd be dead in four or five
          seconds at most.  I paid good money for it!"

        [Chion stands and smirks.  He walks over to the table and places
          the kitchen knife on the far corner cooking area tabletop.
          He thinks that he has learned all he can at this time.  There
          seems to be a missing piece of the puzzle he doesn't know.
          If it was simple revenge why didn't he hear thugs if he had
          money for poison?  Take her out alone.  Kel must've escaped
          and must be in the magical crystal ball of the city guards.
          If that's the case maybe they have magic to locate him.  That
          dart for instance.  Chion can't recall where the dart was
          when he teleported back.  He loses his smirk for a few seconds
          and then turns back around smiling to irritate Kel.]

        [When Chion turns around Fremea is at Kel again and whispering
          in her ear.  What is this strange Faerry doing to Kel?
          Tormenting him or commanding him with her Faerry ways?]

        Fremea: "Should we go? If Unali is dead then we need to tend to
          that, if not we should find out how everyone else is and get
          out of the city. More than likely there will more of these
          "lone" assassins and it would be good to leave soon."

        GM: Opps that reversed Chion's comment on Unali :<

        [Chion lets a small grumble out, but low enough that no one
          can hear.  Kel seems to look at Fremea confused wondering
          if Unali is alive or not and hope in his eyes that she is dead.]


                        -----------------------

        [Marqi 29, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
        Location: Sivas, Marentia, Green Eye Tavern.
        [Time: 8:25am]

        [Arawn hears Elam's words and nods in understanding.  More strange
          human protocols.  All this hurry up and wait stuff.  If you
          were investigated in the Upper World it was lightning fast
          with a god's whim and powers.  Arawn sighs inwardly knowing
          he'll have to get used to this slow paced world.  He takes his
          hand and unwraps the face wrap revealing his face to Elam.
          Elam nods but doesn't seem to care either way.]

        Arawn: "That which Micah used, was it a spell of some sort or
          something else?"

        Elam: "A short term memory wipe and implantation device.  The
          guards won't know he was here or likely those others."
          [He nods his head to the back of the room and the other
          citizens.] "Its just part of the job.  It won't last forever
          but by the time they recall it'll be in bits and pieces
          and too late to worry about then.  There seems to be
          no mind wipe that lasts forever that doesn't damage."

        [The three guards at the door suddenly turn when one comes
          in and says something.  The three guards then walk out the
          front door.  Elam looks past Arawn to see the guards leave.]

        Elam: "...It rarely pays to --"

        [Suddenly a blue haze forms under the stairs in a small
          unused alcove.  The haze forms into Chion, Fremea standing
          side by side with Kel still tied up on the chair and gagged.]

        [Elam turns to see the teleported trio as others do at the
          same time.  The alcove is a safe place to teleport as it
          was never used and Chion noticed it earlier.  But it draws
          the attention of the party quickly.  Even Raban stops in his
          tracks to the stairs.  Kel suddenly sees Unali in the chair
          and begins to rock the chair trying to get up but finds
          him well tied.  Unali stands and instinctively places her
          hands on her daggers.]

        [Elam stands quickly and shoves Raban aside as gently as
          he can and gets to Chion.]

        Chion: "You come back now!?" [He whispers, he runs his hands
          through his hair and looks out the front windows to see
          the guards talking.] "Quickly get him upstairs and hide
          him.  I think Jensen is here!"

        [Cholan who was nearby clearing a table comes to help.
          Hearing the frustration in Elam he looks to Raban and
          waves him over.]

        Cholan: "Help me walk him upstairs.  There is a ..place..
          we can hide him from the guards."

        [Raban looks confused and wonders why he got recruited into
          this mess.  Could this be against the law?  Raban looks
          to the standing Unali and then remembers that this man,
          on good chances, is the one that tried to kill her.  A growl
          comes to his throat and he shoulders his instruments still
          deciding if he should help or not.]

        [Elam turns to Ben'dar.]

        Elam: "You can you go outside and stall them for a minute or
          two?"

        [Chion steps around Elam and wonders who this man is and
          looks to the party.  He eyes Unali and wonders if he can
          trust this man with his prisoner.  He doesn't look to
          be a guard and certainly not dressed like one.  He has
          no clue who this Jensen is or what but he looks for the
          person who talked to the wall and finds him missing. There
          is a city guard at the back door though standing looking
          bored as usual.]

        [From the back the messenger sees Chion step forward and
          stands.]

        Messenger: "You!  Cheon!  I have something for you!"

        [Elam doesn't want the prisoner seen.  he turns to Fremea
          not knowing her but knows she looks quick.]

        Elam: "You we need to get him upstairs without the others
          seeing in the back.  Can you go to the fireplace there
          and create a smoke screen?"

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update...Friday...

        GM: Ok.  Short update but the next will be lengthy.  Schedule
            of events is this.  Jensen will appear and begin
            his investigation.  Chion will get his message.  I'll
            complete those scenes so that you guys can know the
            actual destination and start of the adventure.  Then
            you can decide on future things during next week
            while I'm away.  I left it now so that everyone can
            get involved for now.

        GM: Arawn - Will assume full face shown but with hair the
              ears can not be seen.  Which is fine.  Not a big deal.

            Ben'dar - Wanna go play unruly citizen or something? :)

            Chion - Thanks for the return.  It'll help speed things
              up.  Since your email just said return him to the
              bar it was open enough I filled in the blanks. :)

            Fremea - Help with the smoke or something else?

            Unali - React to your killer?

            Z'leyra - You notice the assassin's hand seem to be
              red with a bit of dried blood?

            Chion/Fremea - If you guys still want to answer questions.
              Its okay with me.  I'll allow them retroactively.  As
              long as say you don't cut off a ear or something in
              the past to affect this scene.  But questions are
              fine as long as they don't affect the future/present.
              But I doubt you'd ask anything of that nature.
              So if you think of something let me know.  I'll allow it.

        GM: I will likely work on the update partially Wednesday.
            It'll be a busy day getting ready for the trip being
            my only day off this week till trip.  Tons to do.  But
            will try to work on it then and if time Thursday night
            after Lost of course :)




_______________________________________________
pnpgm mailing list
pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl
http://abroere.xs4all.nl/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm


      ____________________________________________________________________________________
Looking for last minute shopping deals?  
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.  http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20080227/68756717/attachment.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list