[pnpgm] Game Update #65a - File #336 - Recap/Notes

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Aug 15 06:26:25 CEST 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #66a in sequence (file #336)

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          "I'll be bloody happy to take one of those potions, especially
          after what happened with those demon beast thingies...if there's
          enough for me too."

          "Also, don't expect that level of magic (the Smokless Flame used
          on the snake) from me on a regular basis.  It's dangerous and
          VERY limited."

          (shudder)  "Great, more snakes...why did it have to be snakes?
          And to make matters worse, they had 7 (expletive) heads!"
        GM: Ack.  Last comment wasn't mentioned as OOC.  I thought it
            was a joke but guess since no OOC mention it was said out
            loud to the party? :)

                ----------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          "That was enough to give one nightmares about snakes! Glad to
          see you guys did okay. Guess I got overconfident going off
          alone."

          Z'leyra takes a moment to cut out the platinum horns of #4 head
          (for later use in her manor) and store them in a sack after
          rinsing the blood off.  While doing so she says "This critter is
          too tough to Oblivion without danger. Maybe later we can come
          back and salvage some hide for use as armor...it has a very tough
          hide. I am glad I have an extremely sharp blade."

          She offers to patch up any that need it.

          When the party proceeds toward the doorway her greatsword will
          be sheathed and her staff will be in her hand.
        GM: Ack.

                ----------------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <Aww Raban missed out on some serious combat training. If he
          killed one of the snakes he could have gotten a El out of it, n
          squares go up so slowly, only like a thousand more to go if he
          does not get stat boosts.

          So now I have a good idea on some characters weapon skills, and
          some people have more than 10s ;)  >

          <Raban was all ready to jump on one and go for a ride too, it
          would have been fun. Would have made a nice 'horse', big enough
          to carry a few people as well.>

          [Raban prays his thanks to his goddess for protecting ones he
          could not and begs forgiveness for his failures...but gets no
          clear feeling in his heart...is he still in trouble?]

          [Raban carefully measures out the dose for Frema in his Silver
          Goblet since he knows how big it is. But decides to take himself,
          just in case he made it wrong.]

          <Assuming he is not poisoned>
          [Satisfied its safe to use, Raban rinses the goblet with a
          little water and measures out another dose which he offers to
          Frema with a smile.] Raban (to Frema): "My lady, your special
          wine is prepared and verified not to be poisoned."

          [After Frema has taken hers, Raban will once more rinse the
          goblet. ] Raban: "There is enough for 6 others in this batch,
          which is not quite enough for all of us. I would have skipped
          myself but it was best to test it before risking others. Unali,
          Z'leyra, Arawn, I would prefer you to take the next few doses,
          but the choice is yours. If anyone has lost life energy, then
          this will help them recover that as well. If there is time and
          a safe enough place I can mix another batch."

          [Once anyone excepts, he will measure out another dose and rinse
          the goblet after it has been taken.]

          [Raban is a bit introspective as they continue the journey,
          wondering how he can protect 3 ladies who so recklessly charge
          into battle or wander off. They are proving to be quite formidable
          as well, with Z' leyra proving that by fighting off one of the
          snakes by herself. Unali is quite skilled with her daggers, better
          than any he has ever seen before, she could have been a fine
          dancer or acrobat. Frema is hard to judge, but is likely skilled
          with magic, though more fragile than the others. So the one who
          is most in need of protection will be the hardest to protect as
          she tends to fly invisibly into the fights. Is this some test by
          his goddess? Some lesson to be learned?]

          <So at this point Raban has not decided what he needs to do, so
          he may decide the only way to protect them is by offense. But that
          has been limited by Arawn, a druid, whose word is 'law?' and not
          to be ignored.>
        GM: Ack.  Yep.  High CDF for a snake.  Luck of the roll.  As to EL
            10s or such.  I don't recall off hand anyone having that high of
            a EL (maybe Farseeker?) in a weapon.  But magic and other
            bonuses do help if your trying to figure out EL from damage. :)
            Yes.  It'd have been fun to ride him.  You see my comments
            in last update about Pickens? :)

                ----------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           "Who put these M....F.... snakes on the M...F... flying
           island?!" :)

           Fremea looks her dagger over and decides she will have to put
           that one to the side for now and use her spare, till she can get
           it fixed up. Fremea will test the bone horns and see how hard they
           are. If they are good enough for a weapon, she will take a pair
           for later.
           ------------------------

           When Raban offers the potion. Fremea will blush a little when he
           call her a lady. Mumbling just under her breath so only if
           someone is paying close enough attention, "Uh, lady. You really
           have no idea about me." After drinking the potion, "Thank you
           Raban, you are very kind for someone your size."
           -------------------------

           The wall: Fremea will prepare her bow for quick grab and fire,
           though not have it in hand directly. She will approach with the
           party (if they all go), keeping herself alert for anything
           coming out of the darkness to surprise them once again.
        GM: Ack.

                ----------------------------

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          "Um, might it be wise to have someone (or something) fly above
          the wall and peek in side to see what's there?"
        GM: Ack.

                ----------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea looks at Kiet to see if that was a sneer aimed her and
          she realizes that he meant the firesnake when he said something.
          "I would say that what ever is there could not be any worse than
          what we have faced out here so far. It would be best in this
          situation to go as a full group, based on the fact that we almost
          lost Z'lerya."
        GM: Ack.

                ----------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra responds to the offer of an angelica potion "Thank you
          for the thought, however of those in the party I suspect that I
          am one of the least in need of it. If we find that I will be
          facing a powerful spell caster and must weather a storm of
          spells I may well decide that drinking an angelica potion is an
          excellent idea. But not only is my magical defense quite high
          naturally, my training and enhanced chalcedony increase it to
          where it is quite dangerous to cast unwanted spells at me. The
          angelica would better be used for those that cast magics from
          their spirit's strength rather than from trained manipulation of
          mana. They are the ones that need the spiritual replenishment
          that such a potion provides."
        GM: Ack.

                ----------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Once they had arrived upon Z'leyra Arawn begins to study the
          fallen beast, time now allowing for a better view. It was a
          creation of Kototh and would prove a fine trophy. As Z'leyra had
          conquered this foe it was hers to pick over. While this was done
          he thought back to the other one and decided it might be time to
          gather such a creature for later use.

          "While you finish here I'm going back for the other as I may be
          able to contain it. I plan on teleporting unless someone wishes
          to accompany on foot."

          Assuming no one tries to stop him, if anyone wants to come then
          he'll follow the groups tracks quickly but will otherwise use
          Teleport if it is feasible (he has been to the spot so it
          shouldn't be a problem).  Once there he'll cast Transmutation at
          EL 2, enhanced using the Sidh Tongue to EL3, to turn it into a
          green statuette the size of his hand.  He will then return to the
          party in the same manner.

          When he returns he takes a moment to cast a spell before they
          head out. He pulled three beautiful gemstones from his pack and
          held them on his outstretched palm. As he did so shadows began
          to swirl about his hand, enveloping the stones and forming into
          a serpentine band of darkness, the gemstones held in place on the
          inside of the band. He had hoped to have had time in Katai to
          forge a proper band but it would do for now.

          Adjusting his armor and clothing he slid it up to his upper arm
          and then covered it with his armor and clothing, out of sight and
          hidden in the shadows beneath.

          - Basically casting Shadow Sculpt at EL 0 (EL 1 if it makes a
            difference for anything other than duration) to craft the
            armband and place his enhanced gems in it so he can start
            gaining their benefits.

          In regards to the potion Arawn replies,

          "I had been looking for angelica and I'm glad someone had chosen
          to bring some. Thank you for the offer, Raban. I graciously accept
          as it could prove quite useful."

          Arawn will carry a potion if one is given to him but will not
          drink it right now. How long does the potion have before it loses
          potency?

          - In regards to- <So at this point Raban has not decided what he
          needs to do, so he may decide the only way to protect them is by
          offense. But that has been limited by Arawn, a druid, whose word
          is 'law?' and not to be ignored.>

          I'm not sure what, if anything, Arawn might have said to limit
          things. Could you refresh my memory if he did say something as
          it's been a while in real-time. Might open a new dialogue:)

          When the looming figure sweeps it's arm backwards Arawn steps
          forward. Unsure if it is an offer of welcome or if it is pulled
          back to attack he watches it carefully as he prepares to enter the
          building. He will act with proper decorum for a place as powerful
          and ancient as this would be, bearing in mind that he is a child
          of the gods in such a place.

          If it is an attack Arawn will attempt to dodge it for now.
        GM: Ack.