[pnpgm] Game Update #41 - File #162 - Correl's Wedding..

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Thu Apr 24 06:53:49 CEST 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  -- J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #41 in sequence (file #162)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion marks the note that Zhou has sent Fremea to scout out
          the castle as strike two...

          If Chion can, he will see Correl prior to the wedding in
          private. He will ask about the rumors Zing has been spreading
          about him and how far they go. He will also inquire as to
          Zhou's abilities. He will also ask if Correl has any
          reservations about the marriage.

          Upon seating, he will be in his fine attire and carry the staff
          with him. Other than that, he will carry his two sai hidden on
          his person and normal magical effects. Overall, he is not
          expecting much to happen, but will keep an eye out. With all
          these "natural" happenings lately he is more on awares than
          normal.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar takes the hangover pills from the bartender, croaking
          his thanks to the man.  After a few moments, when his head
          starts to clear, he glances at Fremea.  "You have mastered
          the language quickly, friend.  And you overcame the poison
          of the dangerous creatures of this land."  He pauses.  "The
          people here seem more comfortable with your...kind....than
          in other lands I have been to.  I have never traveled to
          distant lands before I met this group.  Now in such a short
          time I feel as if I've seen much of the world."  He pauses
          again, clearly uncomfortable with asking a personal question,
          but at the same time obviously curious.  "Are you from this
          part of the world?"

          Ben'Dar senses that this faerry has faced many trials in her
          past. He decides to take a leap.  "I have exiled myself from
          my people. My people, the Z'enda, are proud and fierce.  They
          do not have patience for weakness or...dishonor..."  Ben'Dar
          scowls down at his half-drunk glass of water.  He bitterly
          drains the cup in a quick swallow.  Abruptly, he looks back
          up.  "Where are your people?  And how did you come to be
          separated from them?"

          *****

          Later, during the confrontation with the noblewoman, Ben'Dar
          nods to Sven.  "Thank you."  Then in a louder voice directed
          toward the woman he adds, "It must be her time of the month,
          eh?"  He steps over to the tall man and grasps his arm in
          traditional Z'enda fashion.  "Let me buy you a drink?"
          Ben'Dar will spend some time chatting with the man, telling
          him about his life on the plains and other generic things,
          but not telling the man anything about the reason that has
          brought the party to this land.  He will make sure to mention
          how ridiculous he feels wearing the silks, but that he felt
          he must to try to fit into the strange customs of this land.
          Ben'Dar is curious about where this man is from and why he
          stepped in to help him.  Once small talk is done, he asks
          bluntly, "Why did you stop that she-devil's boyfriend?  What
          did you say to make him back down?"

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <Metagame: Spells Raban will be casting on Fremea:
          Blessing(DCV), Blessing(Will), Blessing(Con) cast at
          maximum from Mana. 'Spirit Blessing' cast at minimum from
          Enl as many times as needed. Note: Spirit Blessing will yield
          double because the Enl loss was from a Kotohi creature. Raban
          intends for Fremea to have a significant increase in Enl for a
          few days. Arawn, Spirit Blessing is also about 6 times cheaper
          to use than Energy in this case, but Raban does not know that.
          > <As player I am a bit confused as to why the spells have not
          yet been cast, but likely its timing and consent related. So
          the casting should be shortly after the chat with Fremea, once
          any desired privacy could be arranged or even cast in the open
          as little ceremony is needed. I don't think there was any
          mention of not allowing spell casting, but there could be
          some cultural restrictions or curiosity involved.>

          [Raban mentally prepares himself to perform the Blessings, he
          reaches deep within his heart for his connection to his Goddess
          and feels the warmth spread. She has never refused his blessing
          of a women, especially when they are at risk of injury. Raban
          wonders briefly if his connection to his Goddess can truly be
          seen by others or whether the glow reported by some of those
          he has blessed was from something entirely different...] Raban
          to Fremea, "Open yourself to receive the Glory of Miryan, so
          that she can Bless you using my hands..."

          <insert casting of Blesses here, hopefully no nasty surprises>

          <Assuming no problems or events to change things.> Raban to
          Fremea, "You may need a little time to adjust but the effects
          vary with the type of Blessing done. You are now better
          defended from your enemies and will have a little boost in
          magical capability and series increase in potential life
          force. The latter you will feel much more once I channel
          more life into you. I have another Blessing, one of the
          Spirit, that will greatly restore what you have lost. This
          blessing is one that prefers to be shared when possible, but
          I know only of Unali or Chion who may still benefit from it."
          Raban to Unali and Chion, "If you are still feeling a bit
          weak from the poison, you are welcome to share in my healing
          of Fremea. If so, you must gather close to her."

          [Raban worries for a moment, including a man is not something
          he has done often, but this one is also one protecting these
          women and he feels no reaction forbidding it in his heart.]

          Raban: "Open yourself to receive the Glory of Miryan, so that
          she can restore your Spirit to its former glory using my
          hands..."

          <insert casting of Spirit Blessings here, hopefully no nasty
          surprises. Goal once more is filling Fremea to capacity which
          could need a few castings ;) >

          <To those who can see magic this spell is fun as many many
          times the energy Raban is using flows from him. The Mages may
          react to the fountain of Divine power?>

          <The next day practice etc seems to be fine as is. But he
          definitely will keep an eye out for trouble.>
        GM: Ack. For castings of spells on others I do not cast them
            as you say unless the other person agrees.  I just think
            its free choice.  Now one could say you force the spell
            on them and then I'd do it immediately.  But for spells
            like healing and such I must have the other person agree
            tot he spells first.  I just got Fremea's ok tonight so
            that's why it wasn't cast before now.  Understand?

        [Marqi 29th, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: High Elder's Domain, Dark Lands, North-East
           corner of continent, center of Dark Lands.]

        [Time: 8:07pm]

        [After Fremea is healed by Z'leyra Raban offers to bless and
         help Fremea with his magic.  Raban sits on the ground to
         be level with Fremea.  He begins to lay hands on her
         and prepare himself for the spells.]

        Raban:  "Open yourself to receive the Glory of Miryan, so that
          she can Bless you using my hands..."

        [Raban casts the three blessing spells upon Fremea and all
         seem to work as far as he can tell.  It should last a few
         days for her.]

        Raban: "You may need a little time to adjust but the effects
          vary with the type of Blessing done. You are now better
          defended from your enemies and will have a little boost in
          magical capability and series increase in potential life force.
          The latter you will feel much more once I channel more life
          into you. I have another Blessing, one of the Spirit, that
          will greatly restore what you have lost. This blessing is one
          that prefers to be shared when possible, but I know only of
          Unali or Chion who may still benefit from it."

        [Raban turns to look at Unali and Chion.]

        Raban: "If you are still feeling a bit weak from the poison,
          you are welcome to share in my healing of Fremea. If so, you
          must gather close to her."

        [Raban worries for a moment, including a man is not something he
         has done often, but this one is also one protecting these women
         and he feels no reaction forbidding it in his heart.]

        Raban: "Open yourself to receive the Glory of Miryan, so that she
          can restore your Spirit to its former glory using my hands..."

        [He prepares for the spirit blessing spell. He then casts Spirit
         Blessing and it takes about 15 seconds.  Green energy exchange
         from Raban's hands into Fremea's body.  As she gets the energy
         she becomes immediately stronger and by the end of the spell
         feels perfectly normal.  No green energy seems to go to
         Chion or Unali which seems to indicate they need no help?]

        [Raban feels the loss of his own energy drain but for him
         and his size its nominal.  He could always ask the Alfar
         for more energy.  Teamwork is how it goes and Raban likes
         that idea.  He feels good for helping finally as hours
         ago in Sivas he couldn't help Unali that much.  He speaks
         to Fremea again.  Raban watches around to see reactions
         from others on his magic castings but they don't seem shocked
         or surprised.  Many are just used to the magic.  Strie'bog
         has done such blessings before so its nothing they've not
         seen before.  Fremea stands feeling normal again.]

        Fremea: "Thank you for your blessings and your energy. I have
          never quite felt anything like it. I do hope that you will
          not need to do so again though."

        [Marqi 30th, 1633TH. 1st Day of Adventure #4.
         Location: High Elder's Domain, Dark Lands, North-East
           corner of continent, center of Dark Lands.]

        [Time : 6:30am]

        [Ben'dar takes one of the pills and the bartender offers another
         female one.  They are cherry tasting and seem to be free
         for the taking.  Too bad bars back home can't have any.  One
         good advantage of being in a land of magic. He is happy to
         hear Fremea speak the language.  His failure to learn from
         the magical necklace was disappointing.  As the first form
         of hangover seems to fade he speaks to Fremea.]

        Ben'dar: "You have mastered the language quickly, friend.  And
          you overcame the poison of the dangerous creatures of this
          land." [He pauses.]  "The people here seem more comfortable
          with your...kind....than in other lands I have been to.  I
          have never traveled to distant lands before I met this group.
          Now in such a short time I feel as if I've seen much of the
          world." [He pauses again, clearly uncomfortable with asking a
          personal question, but at the same time obviously curious.]
          "Are you from this part of the world?"

        [Fremea listens to Ben'dar and smiles to herself.  Treated well?
         Many still think her a child with odd or "cute" wings.  She was
         able to hear laughs, gasps and curious glances from the crowd.
         She was treated far better in Vassa territory than here.
         Arawn seems well treated for his status but he only has to
         worry about those ears not wings.]

        [Ben'dar fears offense of the small Fae but knows she has gone
         through many difficult things in her life.  Zen'da don't take
         slaves per se.  Its just not done.  No survivors tend to
         last.  Those who do tend to be more of what civilized folks
         called indentured.  From debts or obligation or prisoners
         of war one might be held for tasks or chores then if they
         earn their place set free or in some rare cases placed
         among the tribe as one of their own. To keep a person just
         as property is not the Zen'da way.  Not even horses are
         property they are companions in life equal to warriors.
         Ben'dar takes a leap and asks another question.]

        Ben'dar: "I have exiled myself from my people. My people, the
          Z'enda, are proud and fierce.  They do not have patience for
          weakness or...dishonor..." [Ben'Dar scowls down at his half-drunk
          glass of water.  He bitterly drains the cup in a quick swallow.
          Abruptly, he looks back up.]  "Where are your people?  And how
          did you come to be separated from them?"

        [Fremea takes in the information and stores it away.  So this
         proud warrior has gone into exile like Chion has seemed to
         have done.  A common patter for a lot of those who seek
         adventure it seems.  Even she has gone into exile from her
         homeland.  Something to consider of the others why they
         all leave their homelands? Yet this brave and fearless
         warrior confides in her a secret dear to him  Has he
         told the others?  Why her and not the others?  She has
         known him for only a few months. Does the warrior sense
         something in her, he doesn't of the others?  Fremea wonders
         how a warrior such as he is in this group of strong magic
         users.  She finds Ben'dar to be a good but weird man
         but surely she is weird to others as well.]

        Fremea:  "I do not come from here at all, though I have heard of
          it, told to me by the people who 'trained' me. My people are
          still where I left from, in Donara. They do not deserve to be
          spoken of, though there are a few I hope are doing well..."
          [The last word spoken a bit harsh as a thin smile crosses her
           face, that almost looks grim. Her mind drifts back to court
           and she was treated fairly, though as if a prize won at a
           fair for the best trickery. Coming back to the present and
           realizing she actually drifted out for a second, she composes
           herself again,]  "I separated myself on purpose, there are some
           others that I must find first, so that I may seek help in
           another endeavor."

        [Fremea knows that she has given too much away, though this human
         seems to have a protecting feeling about him, like he would not
         allow others to come to harm, before he himself is dead. She
         still holds a lot back though, as Fremea still really does not
         know anyone in this group, yet they treat her very kindly. She
         wonders if this is too good to be.

         Otherwise, she will basically follow along for the wedding, as
         she has never actually been invited to one before and gotten to
         attend it directly. She will start to look for information about
         the creature that attacked her and where or what direction she
         will be heading as soon as she can to make sure they no longer
         can harm her kind.]

                        --------------------

        [Time : 7:45am]

        [Few minutes before Ben'dar is threatened at the wedding
         Chion locates a nervous Correl at the tavern getting
         dressed and ready.  A female servant says that he was
         expecting Chion to show up but then Correl seemed to know
         Chion more than anyone around.]

        Correl: "Come in!"

        [He rushes over to give a bear hug to Chion.  Chion would
         not like such a hug in public but for Correl he relents.
         Correl goes over to a table to pick up a comb to ensure
         his white-gray hair is neat.]

        Correl: "How are you these days Chion?  I would have
          invited you long ago but your self-exile was something
          I couldn't figure out to recall you here or not.  But
          now that you are I'm glad you are.  Come sit.  What
          is wrong?"

        [Correl places the comb down and sits across from Chion.
         Correl could always read Chion's face.  Even after his
         training to hide his expression he can still read Chion.  Chion
         sighs and asks about what Zing has been saying about him.]

        Correl: "Chion my boy.  You know I keep no bearing on
          rumors.  This place is full of them all the time.  It
          would be a full time job to listen to them all.  Zing
          is just Zing.  He has always sought out to discredit
          you and seek revenge for his childhood bad behavior.
          I suspect he has been doing it more since you returned.
          Before that I don't know if he has been talking or not.
          I do know he tried to hold an audience with the High Elder
          early this morning on some manor.  But Oby would not let
          him in without more cause.  You know how that can go.
          Meter apprentices don't have audiences with him not without
          their master's say so or with them.  Its just not done."
          [He leans in and winks while smiling.] "I understand Zhou
          tells me you have an audience with him later today with
          your friends.  I'm impressed son.  I wasn't requested
          at your side as protocol says.  You have far exceeded
          my expectations and grown up to be a good and skilled
          person.  I knew one day you would not need my advice or
          teachings.  This is part of the master apprentice
          relationship for centuries.  Of course if we were in the
          domains to the east you'd have killed me by now and taken
          my place." [He leans back and grabs a file from the table
          and begins to file his fingers] "Zing sure wanted an audience
          for some reason.  Probably to whine about you or has heard
          of your own audience.  Like you though," [he waves his
          file at Chion] "he has grown in his own abilities from
          what I've heard.  He has learned secretly with some blacksmith
          from what I hear but again its just a rumor.  How far do
          the rumors go?  Who knows.  Zing has been known to visit
          one of the north east domains but mostly stays around
          here.  I am not his keeper nor do I wish to be.  One day his
          words will see him dead."

        [Chion asks about Zhou.]

        Correl: "Zhou? You remember him...no wait you left before he
          got the attention of the High Elder.  He was helping
          Sven in his domain with a large crop plague.  Zhou saved
          many farmer's from the rust.  Sven mentioned Zhou to
          the High Elder and that's when they got together.  Zhou then
          became a personal aide to him around...a year ago?  He
          mainly sees to visitors and not internal affairs.  He is
          good in community functions like crop protection, large scale
          rhetoric or campaigning and even home security protections.
          I know you don't trust him.  You never seem to trust
          anyone.  Heck!  When we first got together you didn't trust
          me for months." [He begins to laugh remembering a memory.]
          "That is till that one day you yelled at me.  Ahhh...the
          life of a youth tends to do that.  Complaining that my tasks
          were too boring or demanding.  You stomped off into the
          woods alone and bam ran into a fierce bear who chased you
          back to camp.  Near the camp you fell into the stream and
          got all muddy.  Storming into camp I saw this mud creature
          and almost took you out.  You complained about the bear and
          I just warned you that magic would properly be used to best
          avoid such incidents.  After you climbed the tree and
          I dealt with the bear you learned the lesson that spell
          preparation and practice is always good.  Wasn't that the
          first time you started using that perfume you wear?" [He
          grins.] "Trust your old master Zhou is a good man.  At
          least as far as I can see."

        [Chion with some hesitation asks about Correl's marriage.]

        Correl: "What? Of course not!" [He stops and puts the file
          away and stands to put on a scarf like thing around his
          neck.  He places one hand on Chion's left shoulder.] "Son
          don't fear.  She is a good woman.  I am neither rich or
          one in power.  She is not out for either.  We both share
          a common bond that we wish to enjoy under the eyes of the
          gods as a couple.  I am just honored you are here to be
          a witness.  You no longer need my teachings as you have
          likely surpassed most in this fortress aside from the
          High Elder.  I may not have always liked your other
          areas of interest but I respect what you have become.
          Now we must go and get me married!"

        [As Chion and Correl head out the tavern and walk toward
         the field, Chion considers his words.  Yet why does he have
         that strange feeling it'll be the last time he sees Correl?]

                        --------------------

        [Time : 7:50am]

        [Ben'dar grins at the back of Sven and jogs up to him and
         stops him.  Sven turns around.  Kee comes up knowing that
         he'll need to be translator again.  Though Kee seems
         eager to get back to his other duties.]

        Ben'dar: "Thank you."  [Then in a louder voice directed toward
          the woman he adds,] "It must be her time of the month, eh?"
          [He steps over to the tall man and grasps his arm in
          traditional Z'enda fashion.]  "Let me buy you a drink?"

        [Ben'dar goes into a quick chat of things and Kee tries to
         keep up.  Ben'dar seems to forget Kee is translating.]

        Sven: "Yes.  These clothes are funny to wear but sometimes
          we just have to look good for the ladies. I'm sure we'll
          have time later to talk."

        [Ben'dar becomes a bit serious and asks one more question.]

        Ben'dar: "Why did you stop that she-devil's boyfriend?  What
          did you say to make him back down?"

        Sven: "Simple.  I didn't want to disrupt the wedding.  It
          would dishonor Correl.  As to what I said let's just say
          she wants something and I have a ear to the man who
          can get it down.  This doesn't say I shouldn't watch my
          back later."

        [Kee raises a hand toward Ben'dar.]

        Kee: "I'm sorry sir but the wedding is about to start I must
          run and do some things.  Please get seated.  Thank you."

        [Kee runs off leaving the two men knowing not what they
          may say.  they just slowly walk to their seats and get
          ready for the wedding.  Ben'dar can always find him after
          the event at the feast.  Suddenly Ben'dar realizes he is
          rather hungry.]

                        --------------------

        [Time : 7:56am]

        [Kiet is given the signal to stop his acrobatics and get
         seated.  As Kiet goes to a table and joins Raban to get
         some glass of water he notices a man approaching in
         a dark gray leather suit.  The man smiles and grabs a glass
         as well and drinks it.  Kiet looks back at the audience to
         see who might be here.  He looks up to see the eagle that
         came with that lady fly high overhead.  The bird flies into
         the warm eastern sun.  Suddenly Kiet looks down blinking
         from the sun and notices two guards have come up and are
         now dragging the man away.  Kiet looks confused but turns
         to see Raban has gone to his seat with his other friends.
         Kiet watches the man escorted by two guards go south of the
         field.  The man seems to be saying something but they
         go behind a wagon and are lost out of sigh.  Kiet figures
         the man to be a drunk and heads toward his seat to the rear
         of the main party.]

                        --------------------

        [Time : 8:00am]

        [By now the crowd goes to a low murmur waiting for the
         ceremony to begin.  Some guards discreetly patrol the
         sides of the fields looking to their master nobles.  As
         if a guard could reach his charge in time to save him from
         some wild event.]

        [Arawn studies the crowd from the front row.  He feels a bit
         out of place and noticed that he was stared at by other
         nobles who clearly do not know him. Four seats from Chion
         it seems the bride's parents have those seats between
         Chion and Arawn.  Arawn knows this is the first human
         marriage he has been to, for that matter any marriage.
         Gods don't need such long winded events they can just snap
         a finger and be married.  Usually only the ego oriented
         ones tend to require an audience.  Such a odd custom for
         humans to require a bond by law and the gods in order to
         spend their lives together.  Why not just live together
         and be done with it?  Why must humans go through all
         this at cost just to be happy?  Humans can be so confusing.]

        [Ben'dar stares at Sven for a few moments across the aisle
         sitting tall in his chair with a female at his side.  Who
         was this man?  Clearly an outsider.  For such a land to
         be for Katai why is Novasa and now Sven allowed her if
         they aren't obviously Katai?  Maybe this land is more
         lenient to culture tolerances than it seems.  Ben'dar
         looks back at the front and smiles.  Marriage in the
         Plains is a matter of a week long party usually for the
         male.  A good reason to drink and enjoy the time.  The
         shaman then marries the two people in a quick ceremony
         with little fanfare.  There is no such thing as a
         honeymoon other than going to the tipi that night. Jordi's
         wedding in Marentia was fun but he didn't have a great
         party.  The Elves did seem to marry for what it seemed
         just the humans.  Ben'dar wonders how the Elf version
         in Jordi's home would've been like?]

        [Caladan studies the crowd and the people.  how they seem
         to act and talk.  Correl seems to have a good amount
         of friends here today.  If Gib'borah had some say he'd
         have been married by now as well and with kids.  But
         to Caladan his firesnake is a good "kid" for now.  Too
         bad he had to leave him sleeping in the tavern.]

        [Fremea finds that Kee had gently given her a bigger cushion
         to sit on so she could see the front.  She recalls when
         the human slavers would force her to get the cushion for
         them.  What a strange twist. Like Arawn, Fremea studies
         the ceremony and tries to learn from this human custom.]

        [Raban sits tall in his seat and hopes the plump man behind
         him can see.  Raban smiles to himself happy that he doesn't
         seem to have done any mistakes in his playing of the music.
         Also that he has almost been in this situation a few times.
         Close calls and sword backed weddings seem to make you
         think of life's choices.  Course there have been a few
         he wouldn't mind settling down with but people change.]

        [Unali stares and knows that if she were home she'd likely
         be settled in with a husband and set of kids.  Planned
         marriages in her area are common as farmers and their
         wagons on the roads.  A good reason to have left Katai.]

        [Z'leyra finds it curious why there aren't a group of
         wedding people like best men or maidens.  Kee explains
         that Katai weddings do not have them typically.  This
         may explain why Chion wasn't asked to be best man.  Most
         in Katai have simple outdoor weddings that seem to
         have marriage involved in some way.  But other people there
         might take away from the "show" of the event.  Z'leyra
         finds that rather ego-centric but understands.]

        [From the side a man dressed in black long flowing silk robes
         stands and walks to the center front.  He is wearing gold
         decorative symbols on his shoulders and carries a jeweled
         staff about 5 feet tall.  As he takes his place Correl walks
         up the center aisle.  Correl is dressed in a flowing white
         with green trim silk robe like gown.  A brown belt and
         a gold right armband is what he also wears.  He walks with
         a small stride but with the robe its hard to see his feet.
         Correl nods to friends in the audience and finally takes
         his place.]

        [To the left two men play a mandolin and a small scale
         sitting device that looks like a piano but more compact.
         Raban wonders why he didn't get up there but guess the
         wedding song had to be known.  It is a rather slow
         tempo that leads to a vibrating beat.  Correl's soon
         to be bride walks up the aisle in a flowing white gown
         with a covered head piece.  Her black hair flows at the
         back and is tied up with a gold ribbon.  She is wearing
         a sparkling emerald necklace and several rings on other
         fingers.  She also smiles to friends and family.  She
         joins Correl at the front and the ceremony begins.]

        [The priest begins to speak.  Those who don't understand
         it seem to get the gist of the talk.  For those
         who do know Katai the priests explains the purpose of
         the event and if there are any who wish to prevent such
         a marriage.  No one speaks up and he continues.  He
         asks who gives the bride away and her father sitting by
         Chion explains he does.  Odd that he didn't walk her down
         the aisle like they do in Marentia? Then the priests
         asks if they wish to exchange cows and gifts.]

        [Both Correl and Zhing exchange brief but lovely vows that
         indicate a service to both their life and community.
         Correl then waves a servant forward and he brings a
         tall white horse forward.  The horse is for her and she
         beams at the gift.  Ben'dar notices the horse is in great
         shape and can't be that old.  The pure white as snow
         horse has a tan blotch on its stomach, tan mane and a
         tan tail.  A very nice looking horse for her.  Then she
         gives next a servant places a nice leather saddle on the
         horse that Correl explains has magic on it to help her ride
         safely.  Last Correl presents his final gift to his new
         wife.  Correl waves for a servant and he walks down the
         center aisle with a item on a red pillow.  The well dressed
         servant comes forth and Correl grabs the item and extends it
         to his bride.]

        Correl: "This is the Artist's Eye.  It is a very powerful
          magical item created by the great artist Li Shuang
          some decades ago.  All of us here knows his art pieces
          from his paintings to his sculptures including the
          High Elder's sculpture in the manor house.  When he
          died three years this piece fell to the wayside.  I
          was able to obtain it at the blessing of him who saw
          great skill in your own art Zhing.  His daughter finally
          sent the piece to me a month ago.  You wear the eye
          piece and it allows you to see a scene in all views
          and directions and keep that image.  Ever want to see
          a moonlight forest scene and paint it?  This piece will
          capture it even at night and enhance it in various forms
          from night vision to real vision and even heat vision
          among others.  It allows the artist to project his or
          her art to a higher degree.  It also allows one to
          memorize the scene they wish to use for future without
          having to stay and study or plan it."

        [Zhing beams from the gift and takes it and places it back
         on the pillow after examining it.  The servant walks away
         toward her new horse.  The party is interested in this
         gift exchange but some who have been to other weddings know
         some give dowry's away (usually on the female end).  So
         how would this differ from that?]

        [Zhing waves for her own servant friend to bring forth a
         large satchel.  Zhing opens it and pulls out a rather large
         brown cape.  No a rug or sheet of some sort.  She explains
         its a magical cloth that serves three purposes.  It can
         serve as a cloak of protection and stealth for Correl to
         walk among his forest friends and study them.  She then
         explains the cloth can be laid on the ground.  It can
         be told to camouflage into the color of the terrain under
         and around it.  After doing so it can then be setup to
         trap animals for study by using a magical cage that can
         capture a animal as large as a large bear.  Correl grins
         at the cloth and thanks her.  Then Zhing brings in her
         second gift in a black box.  The servant opens the box
         to reveal a talisman that can be held.]

        Zhing: "This is the Karmun's Detector.  Karmun was the great
          Katai forester wizard who first came here into the dark
          lands before we all settled here.  He was the first to
          catalog and document the plants and creatures here.  To
          create great tomes Correl knows well.  Over the many years
          here he created this magical item to detect many plants
          and animals of the forest within a great distance.  This
          will be of great use to Correl in the future."

        [Correl beams at the news hearing the fabled item being given
         to him.  From the front row Chion has even heard of that
         item but Correl had mentioned it was in the High Elder's
         personal inventory only.  The High Elder must've released
         the gift to Zhing.  Zhing then dismisses the servant and
         the talisman in the box.  The priest hands her a wand and
         she places it at her side.]

        Zhing: "Correl you have always said you wish to live in the
          forest among the trees and animals you so love.  But
          you know I am a person who likes to live here.  However,
          knowing that you have this desire I've spent the last
          month creating our future home."

        [Zhing raises the wand and speaks a quick few words to activate
         an illusion that expands so the entire audience can see it.
         Since most in the audience know the words to be an illusion
         demonstration they will themselves to understand it and
         so not to disbelieve it.  Most wizards in the audience and
         party would simply see it flicker and disappear as their will
         would be too high to trust it.  As the image unfolds it
         shows a wooded area and it pans up to tall trees where there
         is a tree house built among tall and thick redwood like trees.
         The illusion seems to zoom into the view a bit more and remain
         solid at that point.  A house among the trees high above
         the ground in the woods.]

        Zhing: "So our house will be here among what you love.  With
          help from some of our great lumberjacks it will be a place
          of study for you big enough for a large family as well."

        [Correl beams but doesn't say anything.  He wishes to give
         her a hug but knows its improper until the Priest allows
         physical touch.  Even though they've touched well before
         this its just not done at this ceremony.  He knows that
         the female in these parts handles the household affairs while
         the man does the other daily life stuff.  Both artist and
         wizard isn't much of an income producer but Correl knows he
         will live on his herbs and animals he collects to sell.]

        [The illusion ends and she hands the wand to the priest again.
         But before he begins a person from the right quietly
         comes to the High Elder and whispers in his ear.  The High
         Elder nods and waves the servant away.  Chion sees that
         sitting left of the High Elder is the Sorceress herself.
         The High Elder nods to the priest to continue.]

        [The priest continues the ceremony talking about the virtue
         of marriage and family.  He goes on to speak of the Katai
         way of marriage and how it is the cornerstone of all that
         is sacred to the culture.  He then ends by asking for the
         ring exchange.  Correl gives her a nice ruby ring with
         sparkling gems around it.  Zhing gives him a simple emerald
         ring in exchange that looks well on him.]

        [Finally he nears the end of the ceremony.  He turns and
         from a small table grabs two objects that look like twisted
         snakes.  He says that these armbands represent the sharing
         of one's love from the heart, mind and soul for each other.
         Correl grabs one and places it on her right arm and she
         places one on his left arm.  The armband looks like a snake
         twisting around the arm.  The priest speaks a few words
         and both touch hands for the first time.  After a few
         seconds a blue energy emits from the armbands and meets the
         hands then swells and blurs into purple and reds.  Then it
         seems to shift up the arm and into the entire body of the
         two to be married.  They both shudder as it seems life
         energies seem to exchange.  Arawn from the first row fines
         it the most fascinating to see with his senses as the auras
         seem to glow afire.  They quickly ebb away and then the
         priest grabs two gold goblets from the table.  From behind
         the table a servant uncorks a wine bottle and pours wine
         into both goblets.  The priest then turns again to grab
         a shiny object from the table.]

        [The priest raises it up to show the audience and Chion's
         jaw drops to see the Egg Drop a symbol of great love in
         the hands of the priest.  Chion turns to see the high
         Elder looking at him and smiling.  The priest then tapes
         the top of the goblet with the egg and speaks strange
         arcane words.  A shimmer of gold magical "sparks" seem
         to spray out but only those that can sense mana see this
         like Arawn and Fremea.  To the general audience its not
         seen by the naked eye unlike the armband magic.]

        Priest: "This potion represents the blood and dedication
          that each share for one another.  Drink and be married."

        [Both raise their goblets and instead of drinking their own
         exchange hands and Correl drinks from hers and vice versa.
         A servant takes the goblets and the priests announces them
         as married.  Correl kisses Zhing and she hugs him.]

        [Immediately the High Elder stands and is rushed off to
         his manor before anyone can stop to talk to him.]

        [Arawn finds the whole ceremony interesting with the magic
         and the gift exchange.  More notes for his parents to
         learn if he ever returns.]

        [Ben'dar eyes the horse and knows that white horses on the
         plains are a rare gift from the gods.  They are said to
         be wise and powerful creatures but not one for combat.]

        [Caladan stands and looks for the food tables read for
         some good cake and eats.]

        [Chion stands as the audience stands and watches the
         famed Egg Drop placed back in a box and a servant takes
         it to a wagon with other things.  The priest heads off
         to talk to a few people and Chion sees the High Elder
         rush off to some business matter or another of the realm.
         He finds it fascinating that the Egg Drop would be allowed
         to be here in this very ceremony.  Fate or human will
         tends to be very weird at times.]

        [Fremea feels a bit sad at the whole ceremony knowing that
         two who look happy and content are here yet she still
         has some depressing and anger built up.  Will she ever
         love anyone like these two?]

        [Raban smiles at the ceremony knowing that the older Correl
         is lucky to have a wife almost half his age.  In most
         societies she would be a old hag at her age.  Most around
         here likely marry at 14 or 15.  She is much older in her
         20s it seems.]

        [Unali notices the stares and glares at the one in the
         front row.  Kee mentions she to be the Sorceress or
         something.  She wonders where she fits in this strange
         society.]

        [Z'leyra finds the long ceremony fascinating.  In her
         own homeland a marriage is a simple 2 minute affair
         with little fanfare.  In some cases men might capture
         a women to force them to be married.  A strange change
         of culture here.]

                                -------------

        [Time: 8:32am]

        [As the party begins to leave Zhou finds them.]

        Zhou: "The scheduled meeting with the High Elder will be
          in about three and a half hours.  Just a reminder NO
          weapons or offensive magical items will be allowed
          in the manor house.  There will be searches and scans
          for security only.  Items can be stored in the first
          one you enter by guards and safe guarded.  But if you
          do not wish anyone to know what you have then don't
          bring it to the manor. Magical items will be scanned
          and may be asked about if the scans can't figure
          out their purpose.  Body searches for hidden weapons
          will also be done.  Refusal to have such will be
          denial of entry.  This is the chief of security's
          rules not mine.  It is for the security of his
          honor's and to ensure that the manor can't be spied
          upon by foul magical items.  Until then enjoy
          the feast and celebration!"

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update...Friday...

        GM: Will process the spell stuff later its noted already but will
            figure if any EL changes likely late this weekend then
            report them if any next week.

        GM: Will deal with some email stuff later on actions not done
            here.  So stay tuned.  Others will get email for
            other stuff.

        GM: Will assume all comply with the above rules.  If you
            refuse or take some items and don't intend to explain
            their purpose say so now.  :)  Ok.  This came out
            a bit later than Wednesday afternoon.  Sigh.  I
            will work on the meeting with the High Elder update
            tonight (Thursday) and maybe afternoon.  there
            is little for you guys to do so don't require actions
            unless you wish to do stuff I may not predict.  It
            will be a lengthy update so if I don't finish by
            bedtime (3am Friday morning).  Will try to finish it
            up Friday.  If so check website/archives this weekend.
            If not it'll be delayed until Monday.  I just can't
            predict it right now.  (Plus smallville and Lost are
            new episodes! :)).  The field has to be setup and chairs
            moved and tables moved in.  This is why the real feast
            won't occur for another 90 minutes or so - 10am.

        GM: Schedule -
              Currently  - 8:30am
              Today      - Wedding Celebration - 10am
              Today      - High Elder Audience - around noon