[pnpgm] Game Update #41 - File #162 - Correl's Wedding..

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Thu Apr 24 08:40:23 CEST 2008

<In case it is forgotten, Raban always wears the Lapwing Heart Amulet
when he sleeps as it recovers Mana and HP faster. For those curious look
up Watchful Sleep>
<Also the Alectorious provided 2 mana for the spells, its quite handy
for any spell caster.>
<I added these notes partially due to someone asking about ways to
recover mana faster. Not casting also speeds up mana recovery quite a
lot. Mana Sending also allows Mana sharing between people and could be
useful to top up key casters like for teleports. There may be other ways
so feel free to reread the books.>
<And as a warning both those materials are animal derived natural
materials and may be considered icky by some people ;) But Raban does
not mind, nature provides things for those who help protect it.>

[Raban is quite happy, as his Goddess must be favoring him today since
everything worked properly.]
Raban to Frema following the spell casting, "It was my pleasure to help
you. I too hope such healing will not be needed again. Have you learned
of the Plant Named Angelica? It is a wondrous plant that spirit healing
potions can be made from. Keeping it available could help counter some
of the effects of poisons in an emergency. It also boosts your
resistance to magic, so works as a defense if you know you are at risk
from Spells. I have some but I have not had a chance to grind it, add it
to fine wine and put it in small bottles. I am sure there is some
available in this city as well. Please remember to remind me to bless
you again when ever you need it."

[Much later Raban wonders if he is supposed to visit with the High
Elder. Surely entertaining would not merit meeting with such an
important person no matter how good you were, though nobles have given a
lot of gold to me for the few times I played for them. In any case I
have nothing to hide and a person who could punch out a giant rarely
needs a weapon anyway.]