[pnpgm] Game update #14 - File #60 - Clean up & Introductions

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Wed Jan 24 05:30:23 CET 2007

  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #14 in sequence (file #60)

     Admin notes:  None.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra uses a dagger to finish off the giant then gets her
          healing equipment and starts patching the injured. Those
          injured and patched can have her or any other spell caster
          cast healing on them after the healing skills are used. She
          will assist Ben'dar in patching his horse and use magical
          healing afterwards if Ben'dar wants.

          If any are still injured after being patched and magically
          healed she will patch them again so that their morning healing
          chance roll will be improved.
        GM: Ack.  But what healing ELs for magic? As to morning healing
          rolls its too late for that past midnight.

                -----------------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion tells Ben'dar, "It will probably save your life some
          day. Use it well." regarding the irom immunity elixir.

          Re: Killing Giant
          Well, I was thinking more of a mercy stroke through the
          armpit (per medi-evil warfare rules of "healing"), but neck
          will do.
        GM: Ack.  But the armpit of a giant might not be so wise.
          Its about 2 foot wide and they smell already.  If you
          want to get close to that odor...:)

                -----------------------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar is very concerned about Tef'wo and will pay attention
          to little else until Tef'wo is back to full strength.  He
          thanks Z'leyra for her healing help and asks for magical
          healing for Tef'wo in addition to non-magical healing.
          Ben'Dar assists (between his husbandry and horsemanship
          skills, I think he's the equivalent of EL2 healer on horses
          and Tef'wo gets to subtract Ben'Dar's horsemanship EL from
          his healing chance?)

          Ben'Dar will ask Z'leyra to bandage him also, but no magical
          healing for him.  He will spend the next several days working
          on repairing his dragon hide armor and Tef'wo's leather
          barding.

          Once Tef'wo is taken care of, Ben'Dar will search the Giants'
          bodies if nobody else has.  He says, "Let's track these
          creatures back to their lair.  I'm sure they've accumulated
          alot of ill-gotten loot!"
        GM: Ack. Items claimed added to sheet.

                -----------------------------------

        From Newcomer: [Re: Actions]
          The tall elf slips out from the shadows and moves towards
          the injured. His weapon now sheathed he carries what appears
          to be a healers kit in one hand. Seeing that one of them is
          already busy healing some of them he moves toward the
          unattended and asks if anyone desires magical healing and,
          if so, will attempt to heal them followed by non-magical
          healing if it is still needed.

          As he works he looks up to the assembled group.
          "Thank you for your assistance, it was appreciated."
        GM: Ack.

                -----------------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Seeing the tall elf moving to heal folks Z'leyra mentions
          "Since magical healing triggers an extra natural healing, I
          find that using non-magical means to improve the wounded
          person's natural healing ability is best done both before
          and after magical healing. Doing it before helps the
          triggered healing and after helps the regular overnight
          healing. Of course if the wound is minor either way should
          work adequately by itself."

          She introduces herself <speaking Elf Sidh> "Hello, I am
          Z'leyra." She smiles "I see that you bring excitement with
          you."

          To the party she suggests "If we want to stay in this camp
          more than a few hours we might want to have the horses drag
          the giant's corpses further away. Or we can move our camp a
          bit. At daybreak we can track their footprints back to their
          lair."
        GM: Ack.

                -----------------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          (I'll assume that Z'leyra is addressing the elf in Elf Sidh
          prior to her introduction:)

          Nodding his head in response, a small smile on his face, he
          quickly follows the shaman's advice, alternating between non-
          magical  treatment and magical healing, his hands moving with
          the skill of a talented healer. Upon hearing Z'leyra's
          introduction his smile grows, brilliant in the firelight of
          the clearing and he replies in Elf Sidh.

          "Yes, although I didn't mean to bring it to your doorstep. I
           was flung from my horse when they spooked her near my camp.
           And my apologies, I am Arawn," he took a moment to look toward
           the others, unsure if they understood what he was saying. Not
           wishing to be rude he continued, "Is there another tongue
           that all present understand? I would not wish to seem rude."
        GM: Ack.

                -----------------------------------

        From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
          "We are close to my home now Ben'Dar, and I am anxious to be
           there. Already I can feel the call of the pines still awake
           through the early days of winter, and the dreams of the oaks
           as they slumber.  Let us to my mother's land.  We can search
           for the giants lair latter."  As he talks, Strie'bog's green
           eyes become more vibrant.

          He will listen in to the discussion between Arawn and Z'leyra,
          as Strie'bog respects her wisdom as a healer (and wants to
          learn more). Strie'bog will extend his hand, (He will address
          Arawn in Elf Sidh) "Arawn, I am known as Strie'bog among my
          people.  It is a good thing that you came upon us, for there
          is strength in numbers when it comes to fighting a giant.  As
          for other languages, we have just come form the land of the
          Zen'da, and many of us can speak that language." Strie'bog
          looks down for a moment, "when I first these in my company,
          I had a problem communicating with all of them.  Of course,
          my father always told me to take any opportunity to learn the
          language and customs of whomever I met."  Strie'bog stands,
          reflecting quietly for a moment.  He shakes himself, saying
          "be that as it may, it is good to make your aquaitance.  Oh,"
          noticing that Bodyzar has come up, "this is my friend Bodyzar.
          I raised him from a pup," he says as he kneels down to pet
          the wolf.

          Looking up to Z'leyra, "is there anything I can do to help
          you in the healing?"
        GM: Ack.

                -----------------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: More actions]
          Looking up from his work, Arawn smiled at the green-eyed man.
          He continued tending to the wounded as he replied in the
          Zenda tongue.

          "It's a pleasure to meet you Strie'bog." He turned to address
           the others for a moment, "A pleasure to meet you all. My name
           is Arawn and I am sorry for the trouble I brought into your
           camp. It was definitely a surprise to encounter you,
           apparently both for me and the giants." Focusing once more
           on Strie'bog he continued, "Thank you for that. I agree with
           your father and I try to take every advantage I can to learn
           and understand different cultures and languages myself. I
           believe it is one of the first steps to developing peace
           between peoples."

           As he talked Bodyzar the wolf walked up, nuzzling Strie'bog,
           and after the introduction Arawn extended his hand, palm
           down, for the wolf to sniff, taking a moment to pet him if
           the creature allowed. As he did so he spoke quietly to it in
           a strange tongue.
        GM: Ack.

                -----------------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: more actions]
          In Elf Sidh Z'leyra responds "Most of us speak Marentian, and
          many of us speak Zen'da. Between those two languages we get
          along fine. Elf Sidh is also spoken by many but not all of us."

          To Strie'bog and others she demonstrates and describes how to
          clean wounds, apply healing herbs and wrap bandages. She will
          do this before casting (or letting someone else cast) Healing
          and then unwrapping and reapplying herbs and rebandaging if
          more healing needed. (If she is not available or is unconscious
          they may have to do this themselves, and she would prefer they
          do it correctly.) Since we have time, on those most wounded
          she will also use and demonstrate healing massage on to
          further boost the healing abilities (StB and CB) of the patient.
        GM: Ack.

                -----------------------------------

        From Unali: [Re: Actions]
          - Unali is interested in the magical glass plate from the
            wyrm. Does she or anyone else have an idea what it does?
            She will let Zleyra have it.

          - As her WH already has barding, she will pass on the chain
            and leather horse barding, but if noone takes it, she will
            load the chain on a horse as group treasure to be sold
            later. Seems Zleyra has the same idea, so Unali will pass.
            Her second horse will go without barding

          - Increase the amount of food Unali carries to four weeks
            rations instead of two as soon as there is a possibility
            to shop for food.

          - Unali is fine taking the Katai coins as her share.
          - Thanks for running Unali through the giants fight.
          As suggested, Unali is all for finding the lair and looting the treasure.
        GM: Ack. So was just curious about the plate but didn't want it.
          Ok. The chain barding.  You want to sell later but will
          you put it on your horse?  its heavy so need to know which
          horse to put it on for encumbrance.  Claim Katai coins. Ack.

         GM: Combat Information

         * Combat Time : 27 seconds (3 seconds pre-combat, 18 seconds
           of alert and 6 seconds of actual combat).

         * Experience:

             Player     CEP  MEP Expertise       Skill/Spell
           Thig          40   -     10       Repeating Crossbow
           Strie'bog     50   -     20       Longbow
           Strie'bog      -  28     28       Cold Arrow
           Ben'dar       85   -     10       Pike (Spear-Fight)
           Chion         25   -     10       Sai (Dagger)
           Z'leyra       70   -     20       War Staff
           Trembyl       30   -     10       Arbalest
           Unali        105   -     20       Dagger

           Congratulations: Strie'bog +1 EL to Cold Arrow - Means
             twice as long duration (4 phases) and +1 damage.

           All experience has been recorded.

         * Ammo Use

             Player         Ammo Removed
           Thig              1 Quarrel
           Strie'bog         2 Arrows

         * Item Damage - None [No Weapons Damaged]

         * Armor Damage-

           Thig's Leather Armor - Ruined - Shredded.
           Tef'wo's Leather Barding - Ruined - Shredded.

         * Player/Being Damage

               Player/Being         Damage
               Ben'dar                2
               Thig                  14
               Tef'wo                23+? [Hard to tell]

         GM: Wyrm Treasure -
             Looks like the Crossbow, Potions and Wand were
             unclaimed.  So they'll be sold for party treasure
             when back in civilized lands.  Unless corrected.
             The other treasure will also be sold for party
             shares.

         [Decalis 7th, 98th day since left Marentia, 33rd day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest, 2 miles inside from south]
          [Time: 1:20am]

          [A second after the combat...]

          [Farseeker raises up and looks around.]

          Farseeker: "Z'leyra, Tef'wo is hurt bad.  Trembyl and
            Unali take a perimeter look we don't want any more
            surprises.  Speaking of which where is that elf?
            Maybe he bought these giants upon us."

          [Z'leyra draws a dagger and finishes off the second Giant.
           She then heads to her bedroll and gets her healing satchel.]

          [After the Giants fell their tree trunks also went with
           them.  For giant #1 that tree went to the south of him
           and hit the nearby tree.  But Giant #2's went flying about
           10 feet to the NE.  He would land on that very tree.]

          [Z'leyra sees Thig hovering in the air checking himself out.
           She looks around to ensure no one else is hurt.  Then
           rushes over to Ben'dar. Ben'dar pushes her to Tef'wo.
           Both remove the barding from the horse as it was shredded
           by the tree.  It would take a miracle to repair now.
           The armor and the unique nature of Tef'wo may have saved
           the horse from the blow.  Its clear to Z'leyra and Ben'dar
           most horses would've surely died from that blow.  Ben'dar
           uses his Husbandry and other skills to assess the damage
           of Tef'wo.  At least 6 ribs are broken and one leg seems
           half broken.  to a normal horse again that would mean
           most surely destruction.  Z'leyra believes she can help
           the horse.]

          Trembyl: "I don't see him to the south.  Elves can hide
            well in forests.  Maybe he went to find his friends?"

          Farseeker: "Or maybe he fled to --"

          [From the NW about 5 feet from Tef'wo, Ben'dar and
           Z'leyra the Tall Elf emerges from the bushes.  The
           grey robes shuffle among the bush and his sword is
           now sheathed.  He walks slowly toward the injured
           horse.]

          Tall Elf: "Thank you for your assistance, it was
             appreciated."

          [Farseeker rushes over to the Tall elf and lowers his
           Pike end-point right at the Elf's chest.  Farseeker
           stands about 3 feet away.  He speaks in Marentian
           which the Elf doesn't understand.]

          Farseeker: "Whoa there.  You won't be helping anyone
            until you explain yourself."

          [Thig flies the 10 or so feet over and looks at the
           Elf then continues to examine his pockets for damaged
           items from the bush.  He knows Farseeker can't speak
           the Elf tongue so translates both ways.].

          Farseeker: "Ask him what is he doing here and why did
            he bring Giants down on us?"

          [Z'leyra begins to unpack her satchel for Tef'wo's healing.
           She doesn't see the Elf behind her but begins to speak
           so the Elf can hear her.]

          Z'leyra: "Since magical healing triggers an extra natural
            healing, I find that using non-magical means to improve
            the wounded person's natural healing ability is best done
            both before and after magical healing. Doing it before
            helps the triggered healing and after helps the regular
            overnight healing. Of course if the wound is minor either
            way should work adequately by itself."

          [Z'leyra introduces herself <speaking Elf Sidh>. She looks
           over her left shoulder back to the Elf.]

          Z'leyra: "Hello, I am Z'leyra." [She smiles] "I see that
            you bring excitement with you."

          [Z'leyra turns back to Tef'wo then speaks out loud in
           Marentian so everyone can understand.]

          Z'leyra:  "If we want to stay in this camp more than a few
            hours we might want to have the horses drag the giant's
            corpses further away. Or we can move our camp a bit. At
            daybreak we can track their footprints back to their lair."

          [Thig translates the words spoken in Elf Sidh to Farseeker.]

          Farseeker: "Excitement?  This one came with Giants.  It
            could've been worse.  We got lucky this time but Ben'dar
            could've been Killed.  Looks like Tef'wo is almost dead.
            I want to hear from him why."

          [The Elf nods his head in response to Z'leyra with a small
           smile starting to grow.  He begins to walk toward Tef'wo
           but Farseeker steps in his way still with Pike at a crossed
           shoulder diagonal position at the ready.  Clearly Farseeker
           doesn't trust the Elf.  The Elf stops and begins in Elf
           Sidh while Thig translates for those who don't know it.]

          Elf: "Yes, although I didn't mean to bring it to your doorstep.
            I was flung from my horse when they spooked her near my camp.
            And my apologies, I am Arawn," [he took a moment to look
            toward the others, unsure if they understood what he was
            saying. Not wishing to be rude he continued,] "Is there another
            tongue that all present understand? I would not wish to seem
            rude."

          Thig: [Elf Sidh] "Most of the party speaks Marentian or Zen'da
            as Common Tongue.  But there is enough who speaks your tongue
            like myself to translate."

          [In Marentian Thig translates quickly to Farseeker.]

          Farseeker: "Ara wan?  Scared you huh?" [He looks back at
            the Giants and back at arawn] "Most Giants don't like
            your kind or mine for that matter." [He lowers his Pike
            but doesn't step aside yet.]

          [Strie'bog shoulders his bow and listens to the discussion
           between Arawn and Z'leyra, as Strie'bog respects her wisdom
           as a healer (and wants to learn more). Strie'bog will extend
           his hand, (He will address Arawn in Elf Sidh)

          Strie'bog: "Arawn, I am known as Strie'bog among my people.
            It is a good thing that you came upon us, for there is
            strength in numbers when it comes to fighting a giant.  As
            for other languages, we have just come from the land of the
            Zen'da, and many of us can speak that language." [Strie'bog
            looks down for a moment,] "when I first these in my company,
            I had a problem communicating with all of them.  Of course,
            my father always told me to take any opportunity to learn the
            language and customs of whomever I met."  [Strie'bog stands,
            reflecting quietly for a moment.  He shakes himself, saying]
            "be that as it may, it is good to make your aquaitance.  Oh,"
            [noticing that Bodyzar has come up,] "this is my friend
            Bodyzar. I raised him from a pup," [he says as he kneels
            down to pet the wolf.]

          [Strie'bog looks up to Z'leyra,]

          Strie'bog: "is there anything I can do to help you in the
            healing?"

          [Arawn smiles at the green eyed man.]

          Arawn: [Zen'dali] "It's a pleasure to meet you Strie'bog." [He
            turned to address the others for a moment,] "A pleasure to
            meet you all. My name is Arawn and I am sorry for the
            trouble I brought into your camp. It was definitely a
            surprise to encounter you, apparently both for me and the
            giants." [Focusing once more on Strie'bog he continued,]
            "Thank you for that. I agree with your father and I try to
            take every advantage I can to learn and understand different
            cultures and languages myself. I believe it is one of the
            first steps to developing peace between peoples."

          [As Arawn talked Bodyzar the wolf walked up, nuzzling Strie'bog,
           and after the introduction Arawn extended his hand, palm
           down, for the wolf to sniff, taking a moment to pet him if
           the creature allowed. As he did so he spoke quietly to it in
           a strange tongue.  The wolf just looks confused at the
           Elf speaking to him and looks at Tef'wo.  To the Elf its
           clear the Wolf didn't understand him.  But then the tongue
           was for Wild Animals and the wolf is domesticated.]

          [Farseeker lowers his Pike and walks away to examine the
           Giants and figuring out where to move them.]

          Z'leyra: [Elf Sidh] "Most of us speak Marentian, and many of
            us speak Zen'da. Between those two languages we get along
            fine. Elf Sidh is also spoken by many but not all of us."

          [Z'leyra to Strie'bog and others she demonstrates and describes
           how to clean wounds, apply healing herbs and wrap bandages.
           She will do this before casting (or letting someone else cast)
           Healing and then unwrapping and reapplying herbs and
           rebandaging if more healing needed. (If she is not available
           or is unconscious they may have to do this themselves, and
           she would prefer they do it correctly.) Since we have time,
           on those most wounded she will also use and demonstrate
           healing massage on to further boost the healing abilities
           (StB and CB) of the patient.]

          GM: Horse is best massaged by Ben'dar.  You know the human
            muscle and tissue system.  Not horses. Ben'dar does so
            for better healing he'll have to do Tef'wo.  Ben'dar only
            has a light bruise so no massage needed and none for Thig.

        Thig: [Elf Sidh] "The man with the long blade is Farseeker.
          He is the best warrior here and tends to be too protective.
          He didn't trust Jordi, another elf  once in our group.
          He also didn't trust Chion or Z'leyra for a brief time.
          It comes with the job for him.  That there helping the
          horse is Ben'dar.  He is from the Zen'da and the best
          horse warrior here as you saw with the giant.  The horse
          is Tef'wo.  The one you spoke to ...him" [He points to
          Chion] "with the staff is Chion a mage who can eat breakfast
          in one province and eat dinner in another continent in the
          same day.  I am Thig a simple magician of the sidh arts.
          That one over there" [He points to Trembyl near the second
          Giant] "is Trembyl the Illusionist and Elementalist.  She"
          [pointing to Unali pass through the camp] "is a skilled
          fighter with the dagger.  You've met Z'leyra.  That should
          be ..oh..Xian!  That one is Xian another wizard in our
          group." [He pauses as he tears off the last strands of
          his now ruined armor] "So tell me.  Are you alone or with
          other Alfar?"

        [Farseeker returns near the others.]

        Farseeker: "Should be easy to drag them from camp.  What
          is this Alfar?"

        Thig [Marentian]: "Children of the Sidh Gods.  This one
          fits the type."

        Farseeker: [Marentian] "I threatened a god's child?"

        Xian: "Better not stand near Farseeker he might get zapped!"

        Farseeker: "Hey!  That's not funny!"

        Xian: "Thig is it common for Alfar to be here?"

        Thig: "No.  But then it depends.  In Marentia it might be rare.
          Here in a great forest or the Wild Forest where me and Jordi
          are from no they might be more common."

        Xian: [Marentian still] "Are they banished from the god's domain
          for some reason?"

        Thig: "I've met only one and that was in Avalon when he came
          from the other reaches.  I didn't know his story and don't
          know Arawn's story either."

        [Arawn listens to the Marentian language but only understands
         his name and figures he is being talked about.  Thig turns
         back to Arawn.]

        Thig: "Your help is kind but not needed.  I will heal and
          treat myself.  Z'leyra is already working on Tef'wo and
          Ben'dar can take a bruising.  Z'leyra is the best healer
          here and the horse will need her help.  But thanks
          for your offer."

        GM: No need to help others as Thig will heal himself.
          Tef'wo will be worked on mutually by Ben'dar and
          Z'leyra and Ben'dar has only a very minor wound and
          did ask specifically for Z'leyra's help.

        [As Ben'dar and Z'leyra work on Tef'wo together it takes
         them a good 20 minutes to do so.  They finally stand
         the horse up so more bandages can be applies than a normal
         human might need.  Arawn walks among camp and watches the
         others work together as a team.  Farseeker, Xian, Unali,
         Chion and Trembyl tie up the horses with rope to the Giants
         and drag them a good 50 feet away.  The horses have to
         drag over 850-900 pounds so it takes some effort.  At
         least the smell will be out of the camp for the most part.]

        [It takes about half an hour to drag both Giants away as they
         occasionally get caught on a bush or arms fly to their
         side and cause trouble.  Its not far from camp but the
         winds are coming from different location so it won't be
         bothering the camp smell wise.  Being winter at least there
         won't be flies like there would be in summer.  Course
         the bodies could bring scavengers but the sun will be up
         in about 4 hours anyways.]

        [Once Tef'wo is taken care of, Ben'Dar searches the Giants'
         bodies if nobody else has.  He says,]

        Ben'dar: "Let's track these creatures back to their lair.
          I'm sure they've accumulated alot of ill-gotten loot!"

        Strie'bog: "We are close to my home now Ben'Dar, and I am
          anxious to be there. Already I can feel the call of the
          pines still awake through the early days of winter, and the
          dreams of the oaks as they slumber.  Let us to my mother's
          land.  We can search for the giants lair latter."  [As he
          talks, Strie'bog's green eyes become more vibrant.]

        [thig looks at Strie'bog and does a double take at the eyes.
         He also sees a shimmer of silver.  Afraid to ask he says
         something else.]

        Thig: "Besides these are Forest Giants.  The big trees in their
          arms and how they destroyed other trees was their clear sign
          of that.  They tend to be nomadic and don't stay in one
          place often enough to have a lair."

        [As the others drag the Giants away Ben'dar and Z'leyra work
         on Tef'wo.  Ben'dar is sad to find the rear left leg is
         broken in two places as a piece of wood entered the leg and
         has to be removed.  There are at least 4 ribs broken and
         maybe 5 more halfway broken on the left side of the horse.
         As both work they have to cut the leather barding off the
         horse as he is lying on his side.  The barding is shredded
         and no good anyways.  Ben'dar check's Tef'wo's breathing
         and finds it excited but normal.  Heart rate slows down as they
         work on him.  Ben'dar checks Tef'wo's stomach and other areas
         for possible internal damage but doesn't seem to find any.
         the work takes a good 20 minutes. With the leg and rib damage
         it takes 10 feet of bandages to prepare the horse.  Ben'dar
         finds the horse at 10% of full strength when they first find
         him.  Not in good shape but not in final death either.
         After they patch the horse up with herbs and bandages they
         attempt to pull the broken leg out for better position for
         healing.  Tef'wo grunts at the pain but it has to be done.
         Z'leyra then taps her drum and then places a hand  on the
         leg and then one on the broken ribs.  She casts her healing
         spell concentrating mostly on the leg as without the leg
         the horse would have to be kept here. A green hue surrounds
         her hands and fills the horse and its wounds.  A crack is
         heard as bone tears and reforms as the magic quickly works
         but Tef'wo feels nothing.  Then as quickly as it started
         the magic ends.  Ben'dar checks the leg and finds the broken
         bone healed.  Glad both try to urge the horse to its feet.
         With help from Farseeker, Chion and Trembyl, Tef'wo gets
         the horse up.  Tef'wo puts pressure on the leg and it stands
         and causes him no pain it seems.  Ben'dar checks the horse
         over again for the wounds and finds 2 lower ribs still broke.
         One leg seems almost broke but will heal fine.  About 2 minutes
         later Ben'dar finds Tef'wo to be about 65% full strength now.
         Ben'dar will have to leave a saddle off for now and let the
         horse sleep with the bandages still on help healing.  Ben'dar
         leads Tef'wo slowly over to the trees and places a warm blanket
         over him.  Patting the horse thanks Tef'wo looks into Ben'dar's
         eyes and seems to convey thanks as well.  Clearly the horse
         seems weak and tired and goes to sleep soon.  Ben'dar returns
         to Z'leyra to be patched up.]

        [Ben'dar lifts up his armor and tunic to reveal only a minor
         bruise on his left side between the back of the arm and
         kidney.  Z'leyra applies a minor balm to it and applies
         a small bandage he can tuck under his tunic and sleep on.]

        GM: Still 2 point wound.  But tomorrow may heal it naturally
          unless you want a minor healing spell.

        [Thig after looking at his cuts and wounds asks Z'leyra to
         patch him.  Its funny this is the first time the party has
         seen the Faerry take off his shirt and in this cold it must
         be hard.  But its done near the first.  Thig applies some
         herbs, bandages and balms.  Then Thig uses his own healing
         spell on himself to heal little over half the damage.  Z'leyra
         could've healed him but not knowing Faerry bodies it would've
         been a reduced effect.]

         [Decalis 7th, 98th day since left Marentia, 33rd day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest, 2 miles inside from south]

          [At about 2am the party gets back to sleep and more sentries
           are put back on.]

          Thig: "So Arawn.  Will you be going elsewhere now or back
            to your camp?  We have a camp here and a good fire
            going."

          Xian: "So Strie'bog your home is how far from here?  I
            mean your actual wooden home not the forest home?"

          [Strie'bog explains it is to the NW about 100-130
           miles away.  Its hard to judge but a good distance
           away.]

          GM: It will take about 5 days of travel to go there.
            At this point this will be the plan for Friday's
            update unless stated otherwise.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Friday...

          Sorry for the delay.  I had hoped to post this last
          Friday but ran out of time.  Then last night was
          brain dead and some things came up.  So here it is.
          A short update but enough to go from.  As the party
          can see a new player has shown up.

          Sorry for the AdventureNEt posts.  AdventureNet is
          a BBS network I've run for 14 years.  I am closing
          down my BBS on 2/1.  So turning the network over to
          the person who posted.  I has asked him not to but
          guess he mis-understood.  Hopefully we'll not see
          anyone else.  That email account goes to the network
          so folks can read the list as lurkers and if folks
          wanted to join they can then contact me.  If I see
          a bunch of posts from it I'll remove the email address.
          So sorry about that.

          Also the game website has the new map.  At the bottom
          you will see the Zoomed in Pavassa Forest Map.  The
          first map shows a yellow square where Strie'bog's home
          is.  The second map shows current location (purple dot
          in south center) and white line shows rough route to
          the home unless stated othrwise.