[pnpgm] Game update #80 - File #295 - Tracking Begins

kzinti maouse kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 18:44:17 CEST 2006

        Cetric: "You know it is acustom as Ben'dar and
Caladan knows about.  Thenight before a great battle
warriors stand up and tell storiesto the tribe or
lodge.  They tell of bravery and thepast.  They tell
not of the future as that may be decided soonenough.
It is also a custom that a warrior    should tell
onetruth to his fellow tribe members or warriors in
arms...[a longpause]...we are likely destined for a
greatbattle...."

Chion begins after the party has decided to take two
days to catch their enemy with a small side comment
of, "Why wait? oh well." in Chosai.

He'll relate this story for Cetric's ears, "I was six
years old. My sensai was having me help him for the
first time after nearly two years of training in
various arts. It was an easy job, my first one. But
still I was nervous. I slipped in during the day prety
much un-noticed, being only a kid. The festival of
Cho'Wa'Chi was almost over and the job would be gone
in a day. I climbed the wall to the ceiling as I had
been taught and waited until long after nightfall.
During this wait I slowly moved into position between
rooms. I lowered my bamboo rod into the room over the
bed. I kept a steady hand so as not to make noise. I
slowly uncapped the vail I had been given and dropped
some of the liquid on the rod. It slowly made its way
down the rod and drop, drop, drop, dropped into the
sleeping man's mouth. He was too drunk to notice.
After a few minutes his body seized and the air left
his lungs. He was dead. I slowly began my getaway and
was sliding open the outside door when a cry went out.
I stepped quickly outside and looked in. A large
number of men rushed past me in the next few minutes,
all armed with katanas. But there was no helping the
dead man. And there was no vengence available since
the criminal was never caught. Just a brave child
doing as he was instructed. For my truth shall say
this: When I first arrived in Clima I knew not whom my
enemies were and had considered killing those with
whom I now travel. When I first arrived in your
village I thought I knew whom my enemies were and had
not considered killing those whom I now defend. Life
was much easier when I was a child."

-Marcel