[pnpgm] Game update #80 - File #295 - Tracking Begins

Chris & Karen Wells ckwells at gmail.com
Wed May 3 15:03:21 CEST 2006

Ben'Dar listens to Cetric's explanations with an expression obvious anger
etched on his ruddy face.  His eyes widen when Cetric claims that Caladan is
"no warrior", and he looks to Caladan to observe Caladan's response to the
insult.  (In Ben'Dar's tribe, the term "warrior" is a term of respect
applied to all honorable men of the tribe, whether they are actual spear/bow
warriors or not.)

As night approaches, Ben'Dar looks pointedly at Cetric and announces coldly,
"Though by necessity we travel together during the day, I will not make camp
with one I neither respect nor trust.  You and those who feel loyalty to you
pick a spot to camp for the night, Cetric.  I and whomever wants to join me
will camp farther down the trail."  Ben'Dar will make his camp about a
quarter mile downwind of Cetric's camp.  If anyone joins him, he will
suggest setting watches during the night.  If he ends up by himself, he will
rely upon Tef'wo to wake him should danger approach.

During the following days of the chase, Ben'Dar will watch and learn from
those with tracking skills.  He will try to improve his own ability to
track.  At night, he will work on his wolf skin headdress.  He will keep it
out of sight of Cetric during the day....for now.  :-)