[pnpgm] Game update #255 - File #447 - Turn 3: Phase 3+4 Gargoyle Combat

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Fri Mar 19 22:47:30 CET 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #255 in sequence (file #447)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

       From Chion: [Re: Actions]
         Chion's opinion regarding the gargoyles is that they really
         are not a worthy advesary. Especially not with 1:1 odds.
         This stems from the earlier encounter the party had with
         them. He thinks it would be gravely unbalanced of him to
         pitch in in fighting them at this time. If someone is
         injured he will certainly aid via healing spell, but as yet
         he's just seen a bunch of "whiff" "whiff" by these batty
         creatures. He is beginning to wonder why anyone would use
         them in a combat situation, for other than their demonic
         appearences, they are quite fragile creatures. As the rest
         of the party has moved through the door, he will now go to
         the doorway and look in. If the odds are greatly unfavorable
         to the party he will join in, otherwise he will "Chion
         onserves the action..." once more.
       GM: Ack.  Glad your still there :)  But basically the Climans
         are using the Gargoyles as aerial fighters.  If the flying
         ships attack say a fort or caravan the climans can bombard
         from the air say with Naptha/greek fire/basic fire and
         then the Gargoyles go in and clean up the mess.  That way
         the actual climans don't get involved but at a very rare
         event/time.  But how the alliance came about is hard question
         to solve.  Probably some magic or basic agreement for some
         treasure the creatures wanted.  Its like when the Marentian
         fortress was smashed it was burnt down and the creatures
         went in and looted it.  For caravans they can swoop down
         and kidnap certain diplomats or nobles.  Then escape to
         the airship.  Makes a good fighter that way.  But on the
         ground like this against good fighters yes they are pretty
         weak.

       From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
         Again, simple decisions for Jordi.  Once the marentian
         prisioner is free, the door to the feeding room closed, and
         everybody safe, Jordi returns running to the chamber where
         Kaylle is.  The idea is to place himself in first line of
         combat, and to kill as much gargolyes as needed to reach
         and free Kaylle.  Jordi will try no to yell, even if he is
         wounded, unless the gargolyes try to kill Kaylle: if they
         try, Jordi will yell again, trying not to damage members of
         the group...
       GM: Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:16am-6:29am  - Morning Day 22

                ---------- Level 3----------------

      Turn 3: Phase 3

      [Level 4 - ]
        [Inside Hall -]

          [Thig raises his repeating crossbow to both hands.  He
           flies to the door.  He taps the shoulder of Spaar
           who moves and allows Thig to enter into the Gargoyle
           den.  He flies into the middle of the small group and
           aims for a target..]

          [Farseeker swings on Gargoyle #11 and hits doing 9
           points of damage to the creature..]

          [Triest swings his Scimitar on Gargoyle #14 and hits
           doing 3 points of minor damage..]

          [Trembyl continues to check the prisoner out for trouble
           or wounds.  But he finds none.  He grabs the canteen
           of water on his belt and gives him some..]

        [Outside - East side of Level - ]

          [Unali gets to the other door and find it unlocked. She
           listens and hears a muffled cough. There is some talking
           but can't hear it.  She twists the knob and opens the
           door ever so gently.  Light shines into the dark hallway
           and she finds the room is brightly lit with torches.
           The first thing she spots is a barred area looks like
           a holding or jail cell.  She risks opening the door even
           more.  In the far rear wall she notices a desk with
           two guards.  One is sitting at the desk and the other
           is standing by him.  Both wear leather armor.  A shield
           is on the desk and the one standing has a sword and
           shield at the ease.  They seem to be talking.  Unali
           pulls both daggers from her belt.  Not much stealth
           can be done in this room.  She quickly enters the room
           and shuts the door.  She lowers her hands and eyes hte
           guards who now notice her.  They look up startled not
           recognizing her.  The one sitting stands and she sees
           he is wearing a sword in his sheath.  He grabs his shield
           from the desk and both come around it and eye her.]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Neva also gets entry into the den by Spaar and joins
           beside Wi looking for a target with her bow..]

          [Balrog swings on Gargoyle #18 hits her but the blow
           does not penetrate her hide..]

          [Caladan heads toward the Gargoyle den and passes Spaar
           and gets into position..]

          [Kasha swings on Gargoyle #13 but fails to hit with
           his mace..]

          [Wi swings on Gargoyle #17 but fails to hit..]

          [Chion moves forward to the door.  He stands and
           watches over Spaar's shoulder and sees the action
           inside..]

          [Z'leyra heads to the door and ends up right behind
           Spaar.  She readies her Warstaff..]

          [Jordi also joins up behind Z'leyra and gets ready
           to enter the room with his weapons..]

          [Suresh swings on Gargoyle #15 and hits doing an
           staggering 8 points to the female creature..]

          [Valgor's spell wears off and he becomes solid.
           He turns and heads to the door to help the others..]

          [Aren eyes the human prisoner and then eyes widen.]
          Aren: "Qorz? Is that you?"

          [Gargoyle #10 thrusts his Fighting dagger at Farseeker
           who does not dodge the strike.  He gets a Deadly
           hit but rolls low (thank god!) and with Farseeker's
           chainmail only takes 2 points of damage from a blow
           that could've killed him..whew!]

          [Gargoyle #11 thrusts his Javelin at Farseeker but
           fails to hit..]

          [Gargoyle #13 swings Dagger at Kasha but fails to hit]
          [Gargoyle #14 swings hammer at Triest but no hit]

          [Gargoyle #15 swings her dagger at Suresh but he is
           able to step out of the strike..]

          [Gargoyle #16 swings her whip at Balrog but it misses his
           head by a inch..]

          [Gargoyle #17 moves forward to the party..]
          [Gargoyle #18 swings her Battle Axe at Balrog but misses.]

          [Gargoyle #19 moves toward Triest and thrusts her spear
           at him.  She hits but the blow is blocked luckilly by
           the leather armor he is wearing..]

          [Gargoyle #20 moves forward...]

          [Gargoyle with leather armor barks orders in his foul
           language to the others..]

          [A male gargoyle by the rear wall watches the battle
           while keeping an eye on his prize, Kaylle..]

          [Another male at B2 does the same thing watches the
           battle..]

          [Gargoyle #22 raises her Hammer at the party..]
          [Gargoyle #23 charges forward...]
          [Gargoyle #24 charges forward..]
          [Gargoyle #25 moves forward with her club..]
          [Gargoyle #26 moves forward..]
          [Gargoyle #27 moves forward..]
          [Gargoyle #28 moves forward from the right wall..]
          [Gargoyle #29 shifts position..]
          [Gargoyle #30 moves forward..]

          [Spaar gets his nerve up and and heads into the room
           to help out but doesn't get to a target..]

      Turn 3: Phase 4

      [Level 4 - ]
        [Inside Hall -]

          [Thig fires his repeating crossbow at Gargoyle #10 hits
           but only does a minor 1 point wound..]

          [Neva aims at Gargoyle #11 but the arrow misses the
           creature..]

          [Farseeker swings on Gargoyle #11 doing the final damage
           to kill him while taking out the creature's arm..]

          [Triest swings his Scimitar on Gargoyle #14 but misses..]

          [Trembyl finds the prisoner safe then stands.]
          Trembyl: "You'll watch?" [Aren nods and Trembyl head to the
            den door]

        [Outside - East side of Level - ]

          [Unali charges forward but ends up in the middle of the
           room with a large torch stand near her.]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Balrog swings on Gargoyle #18 but fsils to hit..]

          [Caladan moes between bodies and Wi and gets to the
           left of the room on the rear wall..]

          [Kasha swings on Gargoyle #13 hits with his Mace
           and crushes bone.  Doing 24 points of massive damage
           as it penetrates sensitive areas.  It kills the
           creature instantly..]

          [Wi swings on Gargoyle #10 but fails to hit..]

          [Chion watches the chaos..looks like a intense battle ahead..]

          [Z'leyra enters the room and gets behind Suresh.  She sweeps
           her warstaff up along the rear wall and hits the gargoyle
           #15 doing 8 points of damage.  The creature falls to the
           ground.  Suresh looks over his shoulder and nods thanks.]

          [Jordi enters the room and charges between people and bodies.
           He finds a spot and swings at Gargoyle #14.  hits but
           doesn't do enough damage to penetrate his hide..]

          [Suresh breaks rank and charges forward to Gargoyle #16 swings
           but fails to hit..]

          [Valgor's re-enters the Gargoyle den and takes up position..]

          [Aren sits down at the prisoner's side..]

          [Gargoyle #10 thrusts his Fighting dagger at Farseeker
            but fails to hit..]

          [Gargoyle #14 swings hammer at Triest but no strike..]

          [Gargoyle #16 swings her whip at Balrog and the whip makes
           contact swinging around him and on his back stinging him
           but drawing enough blood doing 3 points of damage..]

          [Gargoyle #17 moves forward to the party..]
          [Gargoyle #18 swings her Battle Axe at Balrog but misses.]

          [Gargoyle #19 spears triest again but fails to hit..]

          [Gargoyle #20 moves forward...]

          [Gargoyle with leather armor barks more orders...]

          [Gargoyle #22 - 30 all move closer to the party slightly]

          [Spaar stares at the battle and wonders how he could help
           in this chaos..]

      Time: Estimated  6:22am-6:35am  - Morning Day 22

      [Time lapse: 6 seconds - 2 phases]

        -----------Maps-------------------------

      Level 4 - ????
              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890|
   A|                                                            |
   B|                          %%%%%%%%%%%                       |
   C|  Room                    %         %                       |
   D|     A           Door     %  Room   %                      |
   E|                    /     %     E   %                       |
   F|%           %%%    /       %       %     %%=%               |
   G|%%          %%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%=%%   %%%%%%%  %               |
   H|%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%             %%%%%%  %    %%               |
   I|%% J1 2FZTP[\    g %%%%%%%%%%           %%%%%               |
   J|%%%=%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%        %%%%%%%%%%%%%                   |
   K|%          %%% %%                                           |
   L|% Room C   %  g%%                                           |
   M|%   Stairs % * %%                                           |
   N|%  down -->%G%%%%                                           |
   O|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Each Row A-O = 20 feet up/down.  Each column = 5 feet.
   Room G = Stairs down to 3   % = Cave Wall
        = - A door [G19, G30]
       [] = Large door [I13]
        g = Guard [L15] [Dead]
        g = 6 dead guards [I18]
        U = H14

        Room C - Feeding Area       Room E - Guard post

        Zoom in view of the hallway...

          1         2         3         4
 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%A
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%B % =Rock Wall
%/  \__/  \__/  \_T/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ %C = =Door [F1, B10]
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%D \ =Large Door [O5]
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ \E Scale = 1 Hex = 5 feet
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%F  Each Row = 5 feet
%/  \__/ !A__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ %G  Each column _ = 5 feet
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%H
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ %I
%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%J

                       T = Trembyl  [C18]
   A = Aren    [H10]   ! = Human   [G19]

   [Enemy - Not on map /  Body positions]
    Guard #1 [B15]     Guard #2    [B20]
   [Gargoyle Corpses]
    C17, C16, B15, C17, C16, C17, C18, C19, B18, B19

                        --------------------
   C - Gargoyle Feeding Area
       [Map removed no longer needed]

                --------------------------------------

    A - Gargoyle Barracks

          12345678901234567890      Each Column = 3 Feet
         |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|     Each Row    =10 feet
        A|%  . K . G . . . .+%|     % = Rock/Cave wall
        B|%G . . .G. . . .  G%|
        C|% G. . . * . . G .G%|     = = Door
        D|%  .GG .G* G . . .G%|     + = Very dim lantern
        E|%  . . . G G.. . . %|     * = Small fire pit
        F|% G. . .KJQ.GG . G %|     . = Sleeping area
        G|%% . .GF HSBG. G .%%|
        H|%% C . WNVZ  .R  .%%|  G = Gargoyle
        I|%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%
          12345678901234567890      Each Column = 3 Feet

     F = Farseeker [G 8]     R = Suresh  [H15]
     B = Balrog    [G13]     K = Kasha   [F9 ]
     W = Wi        [H 8]     Q = Triest  [F11]
     S = Spaar     [I10]     K = Kaylle  [A6] [Tied/Netted]
     H = Thig      [G10]     N = Neva    [H19]
     C = Caladan   [H4]      S = Spaar   [G11]
     Z = Z'leyra   [H11]     J = Jordi   [F10]
     V = Valgor    [H10]

                                   Off/On
                 Sex  ###  Position  Map    Status       Weapon
     Gargoyles : Male #10 -  [G7]    [On] [Alive-100] [Fighting Dagger]
                 Male #11 -  [F7]    [OFF]  [Dead]
               Female #13 -  [E8]    [Off]  [Dead]
               Female #14 -  [E10]   [On] [Alive- 70] [Hammer]
               Female #15 -  [H13]   [OFF]  [Dead]
               Female #16 -  [G16]   [On] [Alive-100] [Whip]
               Female #17 -  [F14]   [On] [Alive-100] [Sword]
               Female #18 -  [F13]   [On] [Alive-100] [Battle Axe]
               Female #19 -  [E12]   [On] [Alive-100] [Spear]
               Female #20 -  [F18]   [On] [Alive-100] [Net]
                 Male #GO -  [C8]    [On] [Alive-100] [Sword/Armor/Helm]
                 Male #G1 -  [A10]   [On] [Alive-100] [Sword/Armor/Helm]
                 Male #G2 -  [B2]    [On] [Alive-100] [Sword/Armor/Helm]
               Female #22 -  [F3]    [On] [Alive- 50] [Hammer]
               Female #23 -  [D6]    [On] [Alive-100] [Fighting Dagger
               Female #24 -  [D5]    [On] [Alive-100] [Sword]
               Female #25 -  [D9]    [On] [Alive-100] [Club]
               Female #26 -  [B12]   [On] [Alive-100] [Hammer]
               Female #27 -  [D16]   [On] [Alive-100] [Sword]
               Female #28 -  [C16]   [On] [Alive-100] [Short Sword]
               Female #29 -  [B9]    [On] [Alive-100] [Mace]
               Female #30 -  [C3]    [On] [Alive-100] [Club]

    B - Prisoner Cells

           1234567890123456789
         |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|     Each Row    =10 feet
        A|%+       *  ``  |   %|     Ech Column  = 5 feet
        B|%      [---]    |   %|     % = Rock/cave wall
        C|%       G  G    |---%|     * = Seat
        D|%---|           |   %|   [-] = Desk
        E|%   |           |   %|    ## = Small Table
        F|%---|    +      |---%|     + = Torch
        G|%   |   U       |   %|    `` = Shelf
        H|%---|           |   %|
        I|%   |           |---%|
        J|%   |      +      ##%|
         |%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%

        U = Unali  G = Guards with Shield/Swords

                        -------Current Locations ------

    Sea Cave  - Damon, Eri, Zenon, Anil, Kirz and Diana
    Sea Cave Entrance - Pov, Kartz [Near stairs / Standing guard]
    Main Cave - Rest in Main Entrance [Xian, Animals, Diplomats, etc.]
    Level  4  - Cholan, Trembyl, Caladan, Ris, Ayddar, Spaar,
                Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah
                Jordi, Balrog, Chion, Farseeker, Thig,
                Triest,  Aren, Z'leyra, Wi, Kasha, Unali, Marta
      [Behind door] - Z'leyra, Farseeker, Thig, Jordi,
         Trembyl, Caladan, Spaar, Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Balrog,
         Kasha, Wi, Aren, Triest, Chion
      [Outside door - ] Cholan, Ayddar, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah,
         Unali, Marta.

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Monday...

    Ok.  That combat was rough.  To organize.  I probabl made
    a mistake somewhere.  Here is what I'll try for next update.
    Once Trembyl leaves the room the large hex map will no longer
    be needed.  I'll try a Zoom map of the den so its not all
    cluttered and we can tyr to figure out positions better.
    I'll try to work on it this weekend.  Till then hope its enough
    to get you some actions in.

    So odds are 14:22.  But 3 creatures fell this round.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933