[pnpgm] Game update #254 - File #446 - Turn 3: Phase 1+2 Gargoyle Combat

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Mon Mar 15 05:36:41 CET 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net
     Game Update #254 in sequence (file #446)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

       From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Thinking maybe she should leave before the pyrotechnics
          start. Z'leyra will smack the guard at full reach of her
          staff and do a withdrawal out the door.
          Lets have Caladan cast the fireball then we close the
          door, us outside, the gargoyles and guard inside.

          Upon closing the door Z'leyra will lock it (presuming we
          didn't leave any 'good guys' inside) and step aside just
          in case the fireball blows it off its hinges. Then she
          will continue towards FisherKing and Kaylle, fighting
          (2nd rank) any gargoyles in the way. Finally she will
          check and free them and help heal any injuries.

          If Caladan's fireball is late she will help block the door
          until he gets it off then continue with Plan A.
       GM: Ack.

       From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
          Jordi's actions are quite simple:
          option a) Caladan casts his fireball successfully:  then,
            Jordi will simply retreat the last, covering Caladan's
            retreat, using again his "sonic weapon" if needed.
          option b) Caladan's fireball doesn't work, or doesn't stop
            the monsters: there are two gargolyes too near of Caladan;
            Jordi will attack them, trying to cover Caladan's retreat.
            Once Caladan is disengaged, Jordi will retreat to the door.
            The gargolyes are unarmed, or at most have light or small
            weapons -at least, that is what I remember of the other
            gargolyes- so in a small front, with some members of our
            party armed with spears and pikes, we will have advantatge.
          In both options, Jordi will use freely his "sonic weapon" if
          no member of the party is in the suspected "danger zone" (the
          120 degrees cone in front of Jordi's mouth).
       GM: Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:16am-6:29am  - Morning Day 22

                ---------- Level 3----------------

      Turn 3: Phase 1

      [Level 4 - ]
        [Inside Hall -]

          [Caladan finishes his mana allocation and lifts both
           hands in a cup manner with palms up.  He then pushes
           them out and a large fireball erupts.  It quickly
           spans the entire room and grows wider as it goes
           forward.  Within seconds the 85% of the room is
           engulf in flames, steam and heat.  All those in
           forward are hit.  All gargoyles are instantly
           toast except one lucky creature that is only knocked
           unconscious.  But he'll soon die from suffocation,
           heat and burns.  The three besides and to the right
           of Caladan as suspected are only clipped by the
           heat and flame.  13 Gargoyles instantly burnt to
           a crips.  1 Knocked out soon to die.  Three take
           minor burning damage.  The human guard is to the
           rear of caladan and takes no damage.  As well do
           Jordi, the prisoner and Z'leyra take no damage.]

          [Thig shoulders his repeating crossbow and helps get
           the human prisoner from Jordi to Trembyl..He
           feels the hot air rush out into the other room from
           the shift in air temperature and hurries with the
           human prisoner..]

          [Triest swings on the gargoyle with his Sword but
           almost fumbles it out of his hand.  Luckilly his
           skill in the sword saves him but fails to hit..]

          [Farseeker quickly surveys the room in front of him.
           He takes a quick count and turns over his shoulder]
          Farseeker: "Theres 15-20 more in here.."

          [Trembyl helps thig take the human and walks him a few
           feet away and puts him on the ground..]

        [Outside - East side of Level - ]

          [Unali approaches the door the last 10 feet.  He listens
           to the door and hears it quiet.  He finds it unlocked
           and opens it slowly.  She hears no one and enters quickly
           but with caution.  She finds a square room that is
           empty of anyone.  It looks like a guard post.  Likely
           where the first few guards got killed by Caladan's fire
           ball came from originally.  She sees cards, mugs, and
           some scraps of food on the tables in the rear.  She
           backs out into the hallway again..]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Neva heads forward near Farseeker. She ends up against
           the north wall with bow ready.  She can fire at point
           blank range any creature that comes near.]

          [Balrog moves forward to Gargoyle #9 and thrusts.  He
           hits doing 4 points of wounding damage..]

          [Kasha helps attack Gargoyle #9 and swings but fails
           to hit the creature...]

          [Wi thrusts at Gargoyle #9 and hits doing 4 points..]

          [Chion watches the action...still..]

          [Z'leyra tries to smack the guard with her warstaff against
           the head but is blinded by the fireball flash.  She does
           hit however on the guard's upper right shoulder doing
           enough crushing damage the guard falls to the ground
           with 3 points of damage.  This kills and finishes the
           guard off..]

          [Jordi finishes thrusting the prisoner into Thig and
           Trembyl's arms.  Thrn feeling the heat on his neck
           turns and watches Caladan's back.  He sees the
           3 gargoyles on the far SE of the room stunned by
           the blast.  They do not act.  Jordi waits for Caladan
           to turn and cover his retreat..]

          [Suresh swings at gargoyle #9 hits finally and does
           the final damage to kill off the guard..]

          [Valgor sees reinforcements, namely Farseeker, and
           continues to ramble around the room faking out the
           Gargoyles to distract them long enough for help to
           arrive..]

          [Aren steps over the gargoyle body and surveys the
           room.  He then sees the crowd at the other door
           with a new person on the floor.  He wonders what
           is going on there..]

          [Spaar lowers his sword and comes behind Farseeker
           in time to see a group of gargoyles.  He backs up
           a foot or so in hopes not to be the first to
           enter the room..]

      Turn 3: Phase 2

      [Level 4 - ]
        [Inside Hall -]

          [Thig figuring the danger over hovers inches off the
           ground and flies toward Farseeker's position..]

          [Farseeker knows its time since the other room is
           clear and charges into the room.  He quickly swings
           on one female gargoyle.  He swings his great sword
           directly at the neck of the creature and decapitates
           her doing twice her hit points...]

          [Triest follows behind and swings his scimitar on one
           female hits but doesn't penetrate her hide armor..]

          [Trembyl checks the human prisoner for wounds or damage.
           He finds only the human has matted, sweaty and bloody
           hair.  Ragged clothes.  Seems a bit malnourished but
           no apparent wounds...]

        [Outside - East side of Level - ]

          [Unali leaves the door open and heads back westward down
           the hall...]

        [Inside Hall - ]

          [Neva waits for the others to enter the room before
           she decides to go in..]

          [Balrog rushes into the gargoyle den and swings on
           one gargoyle but doesn't penetrate the thick hide..]

          [Caladan sees his chance and backs up.  Bumps Jordi and
           heads for the door...then through to the other room.]

          [Kasha rushes into the room and swings his mace on one
           gargoyle wounding it with 5 points of damage..]

          [Wi rushes in as well but fails to hit a nearby creature..]

          [Chion sees all the action and folks leaving the room..]

          [Z'leyra heads for the door as well and enters to the
           other room...seeing Jordi last one left..]

          [Jordi turns and shouts at the three gargoyles who
           are now standing...they screech in pain.  Jordi
           backs up and into the other room.  Then shuts
           the door and with key still in lock, locks it.]

          [Suresh rushes into the other room but fails to
           hit any creature..]

          [Valgor sees reinforcements come and then walks toward
           the right wall.  He walks through it with several
           cretures in tow.  They slam on the wall.  Valgor
           quickly runs through the wall back into the other
           room before his spell ends..]

          [Aren turns and looks at the prisoner.  Curious he
           walks toward the group..]

          [Spaar stands in the door to the gargoyle den and
           waits for his chance...when eh gets brave...to
           head in..]

      Time: Estimated  6:22am-6:35am  - Morning Day 22

      [Time lapse: 6 seconds - 2 phases]

        -----------Maps-------------------------

      Level 4 - ????
              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890|
   A|                                                            |
   B|                          %%%%%%%%%%%                       |
   C|  Room                    %         %                       |
   D|     A           Door     %  Room   %                      |
   E|                    /     %     E   %                       |
   F|%           %%%    /       %       %     %%=%               |
   G|%%          %%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%=%%   %%%%%%%  %               |
   H|%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%      U      %%%%%%  %    %%               |
   I|%% J1 2FZTP[\    g %%%%%%%%%%           %%%%%               |
   J|%%%=%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%        %%%%%%%%%%%%%                   |
   K|%          %%% %%                                           |
   L|% Room C   %  g%%                                           |
   M|%   Stairs % * %%                                           |
   N|%  down -->%G%%%%                                           |
   O|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Each Row A-O = 20 feet up/down.  Each column = 5 feet.
   Room G = Stairs down to 3   % = Cave Wall
        = - A door [G19, G30]
       [] = Large door [I13]
        g = Guard [L15] [Dead]
        g = 6 dead guards [I18]
        U = H14

        Room C - Feeding Area       Room E - Guard post

        Zoom in view of the hallway...

          1         2         3         4
 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%S%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%A
%\__/  \__/  \_N/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_V/  \_%B % =Rock Wall
%/  \__/  \__/H \_/   \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ %C = =Door [F1, B10]
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%D \ =Large Door [O5]
%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ \E Scale = 1 Hex = 5 feet
%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%F  Each Row = 5 feet
%/  \__/T!A__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ %G  Each column _ = 5 feet
%\__/Z \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_E/  \__/  \_%H
%/  \JC/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ %I
%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%J

   Z = Z'leyra [H5]    J = Jordi   [I5]   T = Trembyl  [G9]
   C = Caladan [I6]    S = Spaar   [A18]  N = Neva     [A15]
   V = Valgor  [A39]   E = Chion   [H33]  H = Thig     [C14]
   A = Aren    [H10]   ! = Human   [G19]

   [Enemy - Not on map /  Body positions]
    Guard #1 [B15]     Guard #2    [B20]
   [Gargoyle Corpses]
    C17, C16, B15, C17, C16, C17, C18, C19, B18, B19

                        --------------------
   C - Gargoyle Feeding Area
       [Map removed no longer needed]

   E - Guard Post

          123456789012345     Each Column = 9 Feet
         |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|     Each Row    =10 feet
        A|%+  *  *  *  +%|     + = Torch
        B|%  [-------]  %|     % = Cave/Rock Wall
        C|%   *  *  *   %|    ## = Table (Food/Water
        D|%      *      %|     * = Seat
        E|%    [---]   #%|   [-] = Table
        F|%      *     #%|
        G|%%           %%|
        H|%%+         +%%|
         |%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%|

                --------------------------------------

    A - Gargoyle Barracks
        25 Gargoyles

          12345678901234567890      Each Column = 3 Feet
         |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|     Each Row    =10 feet
        A|%  . K . . . . . .+%|     % = Rock/Cave wall
        B|%  . . . . . G . GG%|
        C|%  .G. G * . . . .G%|     = = Door
        D|%G . . . * . . G .G%|     + = Very dim lantern
        E|%  . . G G .G. . . %|     * = Small fire pit
        F|% G. .G.K.T.G. . G %|     . = Sleeping area
        G|%% . .GF . B G G .%%|
        H|%% . . W . RG.   .%%|  G = Gargoyle
        I|%%%%%%%%%S%%%%%%%%%%%
          12345678901234567890      Each Column = 3 Feet

     F = Farseeker [G 8]     R = Suresh  [F9 ]
     B = Balrog    [G13]     K = Kasha   [F9 ]
     W = Wi        [H 8]     Q = Triest  [F11]
     S = Spaar     [I10]     K = Kaylle  [A6] [Tied/Netted]

                        -------Current Locations ------

    Sea Cave  - Damon, Eri, Zenon, Anil, Kirz and Diana
    Sea Cave Entrance - Pov, Kartz [Near stairs / Standing guard]
    Main Cave - Rest in Main Entrance [Xian, Animals, Diplomats, etc.]
    Level  4  - Cholan, Trembyl, Caladan, Ris, Ayddar, Spaar,
                Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah
                Jordi, Balrog, Chion, Farseeker, Thig,
                Triest,  Aren, Z'leyra, Wi, Kasha, Unali, Marta
      [Behind door] - Z'leyra, Farseeker, Thig, Jordi,
         Trembyl, Caladan, Spaar, Neva, Valgor, Suresh, Balrog,
         Kasha, Wi, Aren, Triest, Chion
      [Outside door - ] Cholan, Ayddar, Dex, Troyis, Amin, Shah,
         Unali, Marta.

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Friday..

    The group in room A are forming a defensive circle.  Note the
    scale is different than other rooms.  Only 19 gargoyles to
    take care of :)

    Right now theres 19 vs 7 so odds are hard.  If it becomes
    too hetic they can retreat and do single combat at the
    door again but Kaylle may be in danger.  Once the other
    7 come in it'll be 19 vs 14 slightly better odds.

    Good thing is most are smaller females means less tough.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933