[pnpgm] Game update #277 - File #469 -Something mysterious overcomes the party

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Fri Jun 4 04:42:56 CEST 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Dead  /Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or
<http://www.powersandperils.org/>www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #277 in sequence (file #469)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

        From Unali: [Re: Actions]
           Unali will drag the unconscious guard out of the room and
           leave him in the hallway near the crossing to the south,
           where group ABC is. She will say: "Watch him, but he is
           out for a while. If the others return from below, they
           can add him to the prisoners too"
           If she spots Kaylle along the way, she will point him to
           the room and the many paperwork to be checked out.

           Then she will move towards the stairs up: "Jordi, anyone
           else, want to come up. A few should stay to guards the
           priestess, but I think some others should move up and
           explore the next level. If that priestess has any means to
           warn others, we could get trapped here. Better to surprise
           them."
           Unali plans to explore the next level, carefully not to
           be spotted.
        GM: ACk.

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
           Chion is calculating the layout of this place and thinks
           that possibly a "back-door" approach is warranted. He will
           slip away and see if he thinks he can use insubstantial
           and invisibility (not nec cast in that order!) go through
           the wall(s) into the room the preistess and guards are in
           from the other hallway. Looks entirely doable from the map,
           but let me know if you think he would think otherwise.

           He has seen an obstacle and is attempting to overcome it.
           If he can get into the room with the priestess and the
           guards, then he will make a play to kill the priestess with
           an assassination attempt as per his usual MO.

           Was thinking of going through room J, back down that hallway
           and through the wall... Chion will slit the throat of the
           KO'd guard(s) on his way also.
        GM: Ack.

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
           After clearing the NW of the level, Jordi stops for some
           moments and begins to think what to do.  He joins with the
           rest of the party members who aren't involved in the "siege"
           of the priestess: "I suggest going to the next level.  The
           priestess can tell the people of the upper levels, using
           magic or teleporting, what is going on; perhaps there are
           stairs in the room where she is; we need to attack them
           before they organize.  I suggest Unali goes first, and the
           rest can follow her; Wi can go to tell the others what we
           are doing."
        GM: Ack.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           Since she wasn't there when it happened, Z'leyra asks if
           anyone saw which way the priestess had gone. She wonders
           aloud whether Thig or Kaylle could fly over the slime to
           check out the room east of Rm. K, and if after the NW is
           cleared we could all go through or around the messhall in
           order to check the SW. (Might have to break through  a wall).

           As soon as the wounded can be moved she moves north out of
           the hallway and about ten feet east in order to avoid being
           targeted by further spells from the priestess. After healing
           is done she will want to explore the messhall (and room south
           of it) and the possibility of breaking through the south
           (west) wall.
        GM: Ack.  Aren will explain where the priestess is.  Your safe
          from the priestess where you are.  In fact if the slime
          is still there she can't get to you or use spells.  But
          its still good idea to move the wounded.  Wow lots
          of coordination to do here.  I gotta time this carefully.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:54am-7:09am  - Morning Day 22

      [Level 6]

         [West Hallway - South/North]

            [Chion with an idea in his head heads for Room J]
            [Unali drags the guard body out into the hallway.]
            [Z'leyra cleans up and asks helps from a couple of the
             diplomats to drag Trembyl away from the area.  She
             also asks Thig about the room to the south.]
            [Jordi also starts to head to the main hallway and
             asks if others want to join him for the next level.]

            Farseeker: "We'll join you soon Jordi.  We need to
              deal with her here first."

            [A minute later..]

            [The wounded Trembyl is put against the wall at E24.]

            Aren : "Will he be all right?"
            [Z'leyra nods and says he is just knocked out.  He
             will leave.  But until he gets more healing the
             burns may sting a bit.  He'll be out for some time.]

            [Unali gets the guard out into the hallway as she
             notices the others.  She heads to them and joins
             Jordi and Neva to go to the next level.  Unali
             finds Kaylle in a room and tells him of the papers
             in Room J.  He quickly flies toward that room.]

            [Chion reaches Room J and enters.  Before reaching
             the wall he casts a quick insubstantial spell. He
             then moves through the desk seeing it has worked.
             He then casts invisiblity and it goes off just
             as Kaylle enters the room and sees him poof out.
             But Kaylle just notices a shimmer and thinks he
             is seeing things.  He heads for the desk.
             Chion knows he only has about 20 feet of wall then
             the hallway...]

            [Jordi, Unali and Neva take a quick jog down the hall
             to the stairs with Unali leading the way since she
             knows where it is.]

         [West Hallway - South]

            [Chion emerges out into the darkened hall.  Its pitch
             black in this area of the hall.  He heard the priestess
             entered some room to the south.  He looks around and
             waits for his eyes to adjust.  He notices a lone guard
             standing about 20 feet away waiting and staring for
             attackers to the east.]

         [West Hallway - North]

            [Z'leyra stands and heads to the messhall.  She quickly
             covers to the south wall to inspect it..  With Triest
             behind her wondering her plan.]

         [West Hallway - South]

            [Thig hears Z'leyra's suggestion and flies quickly to
             the south.  He then flies to the room directly south
             of the room.  It is dark but he listens and hears
             nothing.  His eyes adjust and it looks like a bigger
             office but a office still.  No one here.  Should
             he light the room up to look around?]

            [Chion crosses and finds a keyhole light into a room.
             He tracks and follows it through the door.  There
             are 3 people.  He sees one guard against the wall
             standing.  The priestess at her desk looking over
             scrolls.  She seems to have started burning some.
             Her assumed bodyguard is next to her on the left.
             Chion could try to take her out but 3? It'll be
             difficult.]

         [North Hallway]

            [Unali, Jordi and Neva get about halfway down the hall..]

         [Room L]

            [Z'leyra discovers the wall is thicker than expected.
             If only the dwarf was still with them.  He'd probably
             could tell the depth just by looking.  But the boulders
             are clearly thick.  Maybe ten..or even 20 feet thick.
             It could take alot of work to break through...]

         [Room K]

           [Xian examines the scrolls in Timon's office.  Luckilly
            they are mostly in Marentian his brother's native tongue.]

         [Room J]

            [Kaylle starts to examine the many scrolls in the room.
             Most of them appear logistical information.]

         [North offices..]

            [Suresh and a few others continue to search for papers
             in the various north offices..]

         [South Priestess office]

            [Chion sees the guard against the wall is holding a Pike
             and is wearing chainmail.  The bodyguard is holding
             a loaded Arbalest and has a dagger on his belt.  Not
             much of a close range bodyguard.  The priestess doesn't
             seem to show weapons or armor through her dress.]

            Bodyguard: "How about we go through your rock destruction
              spells?"
            Priestess: "Yes.  We may do that once I get rid of these.
              By now the ritual is almost complete so it--"

         [Location - Everywhere in the mountain from the Ship cave
          to the rooms on level 6, to the prison, to the prisoner
          cells, to the main cave...]

          [Suddenly everyone feels suddenly a wave of something
           overcome them.  First it strikes their chest then
           their heart and then spine and brain.  It seems to
           just go through each and every person.  No visible
           energy or force but just a overwhelming sense of
           dread or energy exchange.  As if someone was stroke
           by a energy source or kicked in the chest.  Some
           in the party lose their breaths.  Some pitch over
           and fall on their knees.  The Faerry and Elves seem
           to gasp for breath then recover quickly.  Then as
           quickly as it came the sensation seems to fade away
           slowly.  But a sense of weakness seems to be the result
           for everyone as if personal strength has been sapped.]

         [Ship Cave...]

           [Damon examining the sails of the ship for damage from
            recent activity suddenly slips to the ground safely at
            the strange sensation.  He notices the others helping him
            also seem to be affected.  He looks over at the enemy
            sailors tied up who were just taunting them moments ago
            and now seem as pale as the others..]

         [Room J]

            [Kaylle twitchs on the floor and then quickly sits up
             after the sensation.  He wonders what hte heck was
             that sensation.]

         [Room L]

            [Triest falling to his knees looks to Z'leyra for help
             but she also seems to have leaned against her staff
             for leverage.  He eyes her wondering what is up.]

         [North Hallway]

            [The rest of the party members seem to be affected in
             different ways.  No one seems to be damaged as far
             as anyone sees.  They look pale and dizzy as to what
             has just occured.]

            Caladan: "What..?"

         [South Priestess office]

            [As the sensation overcomes those in the room Chion
             suddenly feels dizzy..he then feels mass come back
             to him ..but wait its early isn't it?  Then he
             looks down and supports himself on the table but
             notices a quick grayish flash and he sees his
             hands..but then they quickly disappear again?  What
             the heck is going on?]

            Priestess: "Ahh.  That was it.  Now it won't be long
              for our glory to overtake the world!"

            Guard with pike: "Priestess Mator!  I just saw something
             or someone there!" [he points to where Chion is.  Both
             bodyguard and priestess stand and look but see nothing
             as the guard lowers his pike.]

            [Chion loses mass again and goes insubstantial.  How
             can this be?  Hes still hidden.  Good.  But he heard
             the guard..]

            GM: Got about 9 seconds left of insubstantial and
              about 45-50 seconds left of invisibility.

         [Room N]

           [Thig looks up after the sensation.  He knows what just
            occured.  Something that happens to certain indviduals
            but was this just to him?  He then quickly does a brain
            scan of memory and thoughts to try to tie things together.
            Wasn't there something of a festival today?]

         [North Hallway]

            [Unali seems to have just lose some breath for a second
             or two but Jordi seems to have been on his knees during
             the odd sensation.  Neva helps him up.  She looks
             at Unali and can tell all 3 were affected.  She
             peers down the hall and notices others staggering to
             stand back up.]

            Neva: "It affected more than us." [She turns back to
              Unali] "Should we continue up?"

      [Level 1 - Main Cave]

         [The animals went berserk seconds before the sensation hit
          the main cave.  The horses made noises and tried to
          escape their ropes.  The dogs barked loudly.  The ferret
          seemed to hide under the wagon and dig a hole.  The
          catatonic hippogriff seems to have felt something but
          did not resist as much.  After the sensation..]

         Qorz: "What the heck was that?"
         Talz: "Don't know.  But could it be related to the fog
           stuff we saw?"
         Marta: "Fog stuff?"
         Qorz: "I don't know.  Could the party be dead?"
         Talz: [Shrugs] "If so should we leave?"

      Time: Estimated  6:57am-7:12am  - Morning Day 22

      [Three minutes pass..]

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Monday...

    Level 6 -
       Jordi, Unali, Chion, Caladan, Suresh, Kaylle,
       Farseeker, Z'leyra, Xian, Thig, Aren, Valgor, Neva
       Triest, Amin, Dex, Wi, Kasha, Ris, Shah, Cholan
    Main cave - Spaar, Qorz, Marta, Talz, Females (2) [Level 2]

Level 6 - Office Level

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   A|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   B|%A   % B  %  C %  D %  E %  F %  G %  H %  I %% U*%%%%%%%%%%|
   C|%    %    %    %    %    %    %    %    %    %%  %%%%%%%%%%%|
   D|%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   E|%       g             ABC               U         [ Rm. %%%%|
   F|%%%=%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%=%%%%%%=%%%=%%%%%% % %%%  V  %%%%|
   G|%     %     %      % %%          % % Room P % % %%%     %%%%|
   H|%  J  %  K  %      % %% Room L   %g% Off.   % %=%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   I|%     %     %      % %% Messhall %g%  Lounge% % Rm. %%%%%%%%|
   J|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%=%%%%% %%          % %%%%%%%%%% %  T  %%%%%%%%|
   K|%%       G  :::::::::%%          % %%       % %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   L|%%%%=%%%%%%%%=%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%=%% %        % %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   M|%Room   %         %       %%%%%    %%   Q   % %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   N|%  M    %         % Room  %%W   %%  [       % [ Rm. %%%%%%%%|
   O|%       %         %   O   %%%%*%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  S  %%%%%%%%|
    |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Normal scale = each row = 20 feet.  Each column = 5 feet
        A-H   = Small Offices        P = Officer Lounge
        L   = Messhall               S = Officer Latrine
        Q   = Priestess Lounge       T = Priestess Latrine
        W   = Stairs down to 5       V = Sentry post
        g   = Knocked out guard      U = Stairs to level 7
        J   = Base CO office         K = Timon's Office

      Party
       X = Xian                 [Room K]
       U = Unali, Jordi, Neva   [E41]
       K = Kaylle               [Room J]
       ? = Suresh, Amin, Wi     [Searching offices] [Not on map]
       C = Chion                [Room M]
       Z = Z'leyra, Triest      [Room L]
       T = Thig                 [Room O]
       ? = Rest of party        [Area A,B,C on map in North hallway/Row E]
           [Caladan, Farseeker, Aren, Valgor, Dex, Kasha, Ris,
            Shah, Cholan]
       G = Alive guard      [K10?]
       : = Slime area on map

  M, O Priestess Office

     12345678901234567
    |%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%%%| Each Col=2 Foot Each Row =  5 feet
   A|%+ [====]    G +%| % Rock/Cave Wall
   B|%               %| = Door
   C|%]              %| [==] Table     + = Lantern
   D|%]              %| [--] Desk         [Candles on desk]
   E|%      C * *    %| * Seat
   F|%       [---]  #%| # Liquor Br
   G|%       B *P    %| __ = Bookcase
   H|%+   _______   +%|  ] = Couch
    |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

       G = Guard with pike       [A14]
       C = Chion                 [E8]  [Insub/Invis]
       B = Bodyguard [Arbalest]  [G9]
       P = Priestess             [G13]

      Thig sees the same layout of the office above.  For chion though
      I'm plotting positions.

      Chion, note the scale here.  Each column is 2 feet.  Each row
      is 5 feet.  Thug your about 22 feet from the Pike guard.  About
      12 feet from the bodyguard.  Around 15-17 feet from the priestess.
      The room is well lit with candles and lanterns.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933