[pnpgm] Game update #316 File #518 - Sea Giant Battle Begins phase 1

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Fri Dec 3 08:13:38 CET 2004

     Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
     NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
     Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
     Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
     Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
     Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
     NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
     Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
     NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Dead  /Human  Ma
     Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
     Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
     Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
     Chris Wells           Ben'dar           Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
     Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
     Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
     ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
     Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
     Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen           akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Chris Wells            ckwells at comcast.net

     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret)

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or
<http://www.powersandperils.org/>www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #316  in sequence (file #518)

     Admin notes: Didn't do one monday as you probably figured out.
     Had not many actions so just figured I'd do one for Friday.  So
     we'll move on.  Hope to get more actions by Monday as then the
     actual combat will likely get harder and start.
     ----------------------------Recap--------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

     From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
        Z'leyra suggests "If we can outrun it, great, lets do so. If not,
        lets turn into the wind and stop so we can fight without
        seperating from the ship."

        "Someone can try talking to it, maybe it just wants to bandy
         words. I doubt it, I will prepare for battle. It would be
         helpful if when battle starts, someone casts an illusion that
         blinds it."

         "My personal plan is to go invisible, levitate, then teleport
          above and behind it in point blank range to shoot it in its
          spinal cord from behind and with surprise. Try to avoid hitting
          me with area weapons please."

         Because with levitation she only has a PMR of 1 Z'leyra wants
         the ship to be stopped and the Sea Giant to be almost alongside
         the ship before she teleports. Otherwise she would rapidly
         fall behind both the ship and the Sea Giant.

         The reason for her action is to maximise the possibility of a
         Severe, Deadly or even Fatal hit. It would work better if the
         Sea Giant is blinded (and much better if she actually had skill
         with a ranged weapon). If the Sea Giant is doing too much damage
         she will close and attack with her axe (which she IS skilled
         with) hoping to get a lucky hit....but she is unlikely to retain
         the bonuses with a melee weapon beyond the first hit.

--
         Along with what she announced to everyone, Z'leyra will suggest
         tactics to the eagle "Fly above the fight, only attack from above

         She will ready her longbow and quiver of arrows as well as her
         axe (if arrows fail she may close with the axe).  When the
         timing is right she will cast Invisibility; Luck at the maximum
         EL possible with Tongue; Levitate; Teleport then start shooting.

         Because with levitation she only has a PMR of 1 she wants the
         ship to be stopped and the Sea Giant to be adjacent to the ship
         before teleporting.
     GM: Ack.

     From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
        Happy Thanksgiving!
        ********
        Ben'Dar grabs the drum that is used to pound out the rhythm for
        the slave rowers and he screams, "Ramming Speed!!!!" and starts
        thumping out an insanely fast beat:  *thump* *thump* *thump*
        *thump* Oh wait...it's Ben'Dar, not Ben'Hur....  Sorry, I couldn't
        resist.....  ;-)
        ********

        Well since Ben'Dar still can't communicate too well, he probably
        won't be able to contribute strategy too well as everyone rushes
        around...  Ben'Dar feels that an attempt at parlay may be advisable
        with such a fearsome adversary.  Maybe the giant just wants some
        food or treasure or something?  Anyone speak Giant?

        Actions:  Ben'Dar looks to Damon for orders.  Ben'Dar is willing
        to help fire the ship's weapons, or if he is not needed there, he
        will get to a position on the deck closest to the giant's probable
        approach and fire off as many arrows as he can as the giant
        approaches.  When the giant gets close, he will present himself
        as a target for the giant (shudder at THAT thought...a Ben'Dar--
        shish-kabob), fighting with his new pike and trying to create a
        good opportunity for spellcasters in the group to do their thing.

        Ben'Dar cannot swim, so if he gets tossed around, he will
        desperately grab at ropes or whatever to keep from falling
        overboard.  If he does fall overboard, he will concentrate on
        holding onto something that floats (including the giant) to
        keep from drowning.

        Vote:  I vote for at least 2 phases per email during combat. To be
        honest, I would probably be ok with 3 or 4 or more combat phases
        per email.  We could just give the GM our general intentions, a
        few specific initial actions and several possible follow-up
        actions and let him take it from there.
     GM: Hope you had good turkey day!  Heh.  On the ramming thing, the
       ship in my eye is more 16th century design no slaves or rowers
       but pure sails.  If you are on the main pnp list you'll eventually
       see me do a full ship module for the game that I hope will reform
       my beliefs in such ships - I read two full books on the subject
       of ancient ships so have better idea of ship design now. :)  But
       for now I like the 16th galleon type idea of ships for now.
       As to actions very heroic.  Thanks.   Vote noted.