[PnP] Martial Arts EL bonus - Does it apply to missile weapons?

Wout Broere broere at powersandperils.org
Sun Jan 29 10:39:44 CET 2023

Good question, but I really wasn't thinking about Unali. More a general
idea how I would allow this to be used in a new campaign.

Unali predates the v2 rules, so she isn´t built around  a martial arts
skill to get her combat effectiveness :) She has been around for 20
years now or so? That campaign of yours has been going on for some time.
Probably if I had to design the same character now, martial arts would
probably be the focus skill

Also, an interesting tidbit is that I had a discussion on Unali and her
background with Richard once. I had placed her background, given her
skill set and history, in the most western part of Katai. He had a group
with similar background and skill combination set in the eastern part of
L'pnth. Just on the other side of the mountains. Somehow, specific
backgrounds and skill combinations fit well in specific areas of the
perilous Lands.

Although, an earlier comment made placed martial arts characters mainly
in the (far) east as openly accepted and supported, and more shunned by
society in the more western/central lands. I am not sure I would make
the same limitations. I could well see certain warrior cults fit in the
Cerulean and Rogizini cultures. They would be closed to outsiders, but
less so than an assassins guild.

Wout