[PnP] Introducing New Players

Brian Diring bkd_man at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 20:54:11 CEST 2022

 Floyd -
I'm usually a lurker on here, but you haven't had an answer, yet, so I thought I'd help out. Initiative follows the phase sequence of I. Mana Allocation; II. Missile Fire; III. Magic Effect; and IV. Movement and Melee. There are four phases in a combat round or turn. Since movement can occur in every phase, then the above four-sequence process takes place each phase.
Within the Melee sequence of the phase, the attack priority table is arranged by weapon type or creature (not character) OCV, in this order: 1 - thrown weapons (note that they are NOT thrown during the Missile Fire sequence); 2 - creature OCV 17+;  3 - polearms/OCV 13-16; 4 - heavy lance; 5 - spear/light lance/OCV 9-12; 6 - staff; 7 - heavy sword/axe/OCV 6-8; 8 - scimitar/mace; 9 - sword/OCV 3-5; 10 - other weapons/OCV 0-2.
I don't know if someone has updated/altered this - this is from the original edition. Personally, I"d arrange it to accommodate for weapon speed AND length. I hope this helps! Enjoy your game!