[PnP] Curses

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Mon Jun 6 05:40:07 CEST 2022

Curses are a rare thing in pnp. Mainly cause
curses are a long time thing.  Most gms/players hit and run.
If they stay more than a week in town might be rare.
But if your gonna be settling down then curses are fine.
In the curse file I posed on discord basically
from the pnp site it had the lycanthropy curse
and kinda gave hints with some info from Mathis.

Look at Negate Curse
Mana Shield/Curse - I wrote this with some EL in mind.
The Black Curse.

I believe Richard talked about this in a heros
article and also here in list in '90s.
Maybe go find the maililng list search link maybe
it has a time frame ot search mid '90s?
Then see all posts from that?

As spell says its so vague and vast it is up to
gm/player.  So a cookie cutter spell can't fit here.
To  me MEL will always affect only magic success.
EL will depend on spell/curse.

So lets say a Blindness Curse.  the spell has a Duration with EL in effect.
That is basic.  So how about I do curse for blindness depending EL?
Effect: EL+1x10% or something so EL4 is 50% so
player ocudl be blinded but only half or half the distance?
So distance ocld be part of curse EL+1 feet? so a
EL5 he'd be blind 100% up to 6 feet or it oculd be reversed?
Maybe a night blindness only so player forced to
live in caves only.  In sun he can't see anything?

So lets say I curse Tom with a limp curse.
Still some heair and MEL cast it.
So I'll say character limps only if he has things
in hands. :) So if he has no weapons in hand hes
fine. :) For duratin I'd say (E:L+1)x2 hours?
So for effect of limp STR rolls must be made to
drag leg.  Maybe use a mod of EL+1x3 as a rikk nid>  or something.
So as el gets higher harder to walk.

Curse 2: I curse Karen for asking to speaking ot
my manager!   So i say she is cursed each time
she enters a store.  Duration could be EL+1 months
So when curse goes she can't speak a word.  EL
could be affected.  say its gibberish up to a certain EL then its stuttering?

Just some quick examples. ;)
I think there may be a errata entry and I believe
alex/richard had an exchange on curses.  I'd
check my files but almost bed time.

At 09:43 PM 6/5/2022, you wrote:
>So
one thing I have never really figured out is,