[PnP] Shield hits

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Mon Jul 15 02:11:43 CEST 2019

Shields and Helms  are pure defense not called hits.
Helms on certain hits.
Shields if have one and if not then its a normal hit.
OH! i see what you mean.  Sure as GM you can do that.
But I figure a lower # Severe/Deadly would allow more called hits
than higher rolsl around 50-70.
But if you do called hits I'd reduce damage a bit.  To reflect wild
swings.  Say maybe 10%
or if you concentrate say a bow for 2 phases you call a head shot but
do nothing but concentrate
AND then can get full damage.

----Hsingai Altaica
<mailto:pnp%40list.powersandperils.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BPnP%5D%20Shield%20hits&In-Reply-To=%3C1589313520.3739355.1562491465213%40mail.yahoo.com%3E>dr

How can I spice up Shield Hits if you don't got a shield so it feels
like you got hit but you decided where you got at?Maybe you get to
choose the hit location?  some abilities that trigger on a shield hit?
Maybe subtract the AV of the armor (again) from the damage?