[PnP] Binding...returned...

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Mon Aug 28 06:48:08 CEST 2017

Binding items is easy just a ward pact for spell.

But binding a living thing.  Say a shadow fox or Imp is a bit different.
Aside from some  priest spells to trap, ritualize and coerce th
ebeing non priests are a bit hard pressed.

Either willing or unwilling.
If willing I suppose its easier.
But if not once you release that being say if a summoned item then he
might just attack you.
unless it harnessed a power from said being like Darkness that's a
bit different?

You'd have to
1) Trap it
2) Coerce it to stay
3) bind it so it can't escape if its released or not attack.

I run Elric and Stormbringer 2 old good rpg systems.
Stormbringer has tons of demonic biindng rules for items like binding
a demon to a armor.

But has anyone come up with pnp rules for such?
I'd have to find the boos nad reread  stormbringer.

Example 1:
Trap a Angel so person cna learn metaphysics or such.
Person traps angel binds to a ring.  Can release it but angel can't attack or
flee more than 20 feet from item.

Example 2:
Wizard traps demon in amulet.
Willing demon but requires payment usauly life/blood ala Stormbringer.
So he can be released twice a day to fight for wizard.  If no
blood/death then demon may attack.

As an example.

In 35 years not done living thing sin pnp.
Did it in Stormbringer but bene so long I forgot rules. :<

Any rule on it?