[PnP] pnp Digest, Vol 131, Issue 7 - scans

Burton Choinski bchoinski at verizon.net
Sat Oct 8 23:59:55 CEST 2016

> On Oct 3, 2016, at 11:25 AM, Malc Walker <malcwalker at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> So need to come up with charts for
> * Wells
> * Villages
> * Pond/Lakes
> * Streams
> for water sources.
> Burton did you work on any of this?

A lot of P&P can devolve to grunting paperwork, which can slow down game flow. While me and my players might have tolerated the grit when we were in our 20’s, in the 40 and 50’s it can feel like a a useless grind.

Looking at it now, I would eyeball it as a Difficult task for desert/badlands, easy for swamp or hexes with a river/lake in it and moderate otherwise. Task roll is based on terrain survival skill. Success allows the character to find sufficient water for him, his party and any mounts (and can refill any canteens). The GM may apply modifiers to the task roll if the area is especially arid/dry/drought affected (increase the difficulty level) or if there has been extensive rains (reduce difficulty level).