[PnP] Finding player characters

Thomas O. Magann Jr. tmagann at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 3 19:32:10 CEST 2016

Just potential? you probably wouldn't. However, as I recall, you CAN detect types of mana, at least elemental mana (although I'd have to dig around for a reference). If someone knows a fire spell, for instance, they would have fire mana, and a fire detection spell would find them. Of course, it would also trigger if they had the innate ability to cast one or more fire spells, or was allied to elemental fire or etc, but still, that would all be character level ability.

Mostly though, a mage that refuses to use magic isn't detectable as a mage, anymore than a sword master that won't pick up a sword is detectable as a sword master.