[PnP] Weights and HP

Burton Choinski bchoinski at verizon.net
Fri Jul 24 00:21:16 CEST 2015

By logic and science. the size-cubed law will have giants crushed by their own mass, so we we have to handwave some of it off with magic.

I think I did that to some degree way back when my players skinned a dragon for armor.  I granted them a set amount LESS than the AV of the dragon, waving it away as the magical affect of the beast.

At present, most large creatures are just walking EXP bags -- all exp is based on HP (CEL = ahp/10, so effectively AHP^2).  If you ignore giant versions being denser, looking at a person who is 12' tall does not make his skin or organs than much harder to penetrate...in the one dimension, his skin is 2x thicker when facing his sword, so perhaps that rates an AV bonus, but AHP is also a matter or stringing critical points (severe/critical hits), so this is represented by his increase of AHP.

If you wanted to be a bastard about it, for man-scale creatures like giants, I would actually increase the AHP by the square root of the height/6 to allow for this.  A giant at 12 foot average would "reasonably" be denser, increasing the noted AHP by x1.4