[PnP] Weights and HP

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Fri Jul 24 03:19:54 CEST 2015

There is a fine line between playing and rule lawyering.  SFB was a
classic game that got the lawyers going crazy.
I had at least 3 friends who argued over the fine points.  But did
they just enjoy the game? Not really. They got too engrossed with
dissecting the rules.

You points are totally valid and you are welcome to them.  I'm not
staying you are wrong or right or a geek out of control :)

But this IS a fantasy game.  I've worked on 2 game designs (rpg) and
3 (board game designs).  One migh think its a easy task.  Its
not.  You have to be so organized it makes you crazy.  You forget
that one detail and the whole house of cards falls.

With that said...

I tend to lean on the Clash of Titans mythos.  That classic scene
where the god takes the clay statue and forms a person or beast from
it by placing it in a place iconic to earth.  Ergo Gods createt
hings.  If God X wanted to have a Square 2d monster with no eyes but
300 tongues then so be it.  Their magic if you will binds that
beast.  I know.  This is cheating.  But it makes sense.

Are we going to argue over a sword that glows and eats souls or argue
over a talking dragon just because monsters should be stupid or argue
over size?

One has to suspend common sense when you play these games.
No offense to you seriously.

I have many common sense logic stuff in pnp but I just sit and enjoy
it.  Richard may have talked to us about the size stuff years ago.  I
saved a tons of his comments on such things to Alex.  I can check
later on that.

I think we just have to pick and choose our fights.
so..easy..start you game pbem.  I'll join then we can see what you
decide.  Seriously I'd love to play! :)

I don't have other compute ron so can't check the files but i seem to
recall years ago ALOT of Size talk issues.