[PnP] pnp Digest, Vol 123, Issue 1

pming at northwestel.net pming at northwestel.net
Wed Dec 2 18:42:14 CET 2015

Hiya!

LOL!

We joke about adventurers bringing nothing but trouble too. An
NPC will be talking about how this particular trail thorugh the
mountains is quick and quiet. That he's been travelling it for
twenty years, and only encounters the occasional wolf or bear. We
laugh and comment about "Well, that was before you had
adventurers with you. Be prepared for crazed wizards, pissed off
giants, and demons from hell popping up out of the campfire.
*shrug* In other words, a typical Tuesday night for us...".

It is funny how in a lot of publishe adventures you get lead-ins
with NPC's saying how they run the Kelpies Teeth around Dead-Mans
Bay every week. Ahhh nothing like the spray of the ocean waves
against your skin, they say. Then, suddently, when the PC's take
on the job of 'extra muscle' to help load/unlaod because of some
labourers strike or shortage, every other day the ship is getting
attacked by kracken, water elementals, and storm giants.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

***** ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS *****

You would think that the people in the adventure areas would get
smart and not allow any character class people in their kingdoms.
After all, if there were no heroes, there would be no monsters
generated.  Simple self preservation response...

Heehee

Dave