[PnP] Influence chance formula

Paul L. Ming pming at northwestel.net
Tue Mar 12 08:41:50 CET 2013

Hiya.

   Yeah, some folks would say "What a crappy system!" or "It sucks
because it's so unclear!".  Personally, when I see a system that has
'rules' like this....ones that can be interpreted differently, yet when
you play the game and find something that says "Because of X, there is a
-Y penalty to influence chance", and it all works out regardless of how
you interpreted the rule. Well, that, my friend, is a perfect example of
a superior system/rule for a RPG.

   So, yeah, use what feels right to you and stick with that.
Consistency is key. :)

PS: On a semi-totally unrelated note...my Dark Dungeons RPG campaign
just ended Sunday with a near TPK. Group and I decided to switch games
and do something new. Powers & Perils is a serious contender. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming