[PnP] Influence chance formula

Matteo matteodicor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 23:27:25 CET 2013

Hi all,

yesterday evening i used the influence chance formula but i have some
doubts, can you tell me if the calculation is correct?

the human player is trying to influence an elf.

the human player has IC (nfluence chance) of 17.

First of all i have to take into account the appearance reaction, so the
human is perceived by the elf as having an IC of 7 (17-10)

Now, the suggestion is CLEARLY to the listener's advantage.
The listener is a Personal contact of the influencer (i assume this means
that the two persons are friends, am i right?)
Finally, the listener is under pressure from some other source to refuse
the request.

So, according to the influence chance table on page 18, Book I, the values
are these:

+40%
+40%
-40+W (the listener has a will score of 14)

i end up with a 61% chance of success.

7+14+40+40-40=61

Is this correct?

thanks in advance