[PnP] Damage

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Wed Jun 18 20:38:38 CEST 2008

Damage only disrupts a spell if taken during actual spell casting.
So there is no problem casting the spell after being damaged.
Other than its likely the enemy is close and could hit you during this
casting.
Since it has a range limit, you do need to be careful because if they
move out of range the spell hurts you!
So as written that is very self limiting.
If the mage has taken damage from multiple sources, it can be trickier.
I would assume you need to pick which wound and thus which target you
are going after.
I would also assume the target gets MDV since it is specific to a target
in range

On the other hand, rewritten for precast with duration is not all that bad.
It has a low healing amount, limited by the damage done and it would be
one shot...only the next hit
So it would be a useful spell to cast before combat, but it may not do
more than stop a single point of damage with benefit of sending it back
Recasting during combat is unlikely since the mage should have better
attack spells
The bypass of MDV opens up abuse versus major resistant monsters, but as
a Karmic return damage spell that may be fair.