[PnP] Photo PDFs bad, use DjVu

Panthera Altaica draltaica at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 6 07:49:40 CET 2008

Hi Phineas could I get you to recode the original scans as a DjVu file?
I haven't hada working scanner for a few years now so the last program I've used was DjVu Solo 3.1 avalible at http://djvu.org/resources/

I haven't tried DjVuLibre at all  but if you using solo and the document has text and image select to encode it as a photo

or just up load you 100mB pdf though http://any2djvu.djvuzone.org/ulinit.php?submit.x=78&submit.y=35

If you don't know the DjVu format was desinged to encode at 300 DPI full color scan of a page down to 30-100KB.  So they could be sent over the internet.

Dr. Panthera Tigris Altaica