[PnP] Powers and Perils Rights

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Thu Mar 18 05:46:50 CET 2004

At 07:35 PM 3/17/04 -0800, you wrote:

>    Good idea. I don't know if I can safely use ICQ (my wife might kill me if
> I install a chat thing), but I'll get back with an answer to that later. I
> already use YM, and we could get a group made after permission is granted.
> That would keep out the bots fairly well. However, I will try to see what
> Becky will permit, and may simply need to do my input through mail. We will
> need a documentor (just to keep track of the sessions), which I would be
more
> than happy to do (assuming I can). I have full weekend availability, and MWF
> before 4 PM and T/Th after about 2 PM. (Oops, make that 7 and 5, I'm cali).
> I, also, need to sleep sometime, so way late or way early is out for me.
> Also, if someone could give a link or reference to a good location to
pick up
> whatever messenger is to be used, I'd appreciate it.

ICQ tends to be one on one chatting whereas IRC (internet Relay chat) allows
entire chat rooms and more people at once.  Plus it makes life simpler for
groups and logging is done automatically by most software.  ICQ has some
adware
now but Trillian <http://www.trillian.com/>www.trillian.com does the same
thing
with no ads and can support most chat formats from AOL to ICQ.

IRC clients I only use mirc mirc.com  all above are free.

She won't allow it? :)  It won't push things down your throat like ads or msgs
from people who want to chat all day unless you want it to.  I've only gotten
maybe 5 unsolicted ICQ msgs in the last 2 years.