[PnP] Wizards of the Coast

Larry Kurgan at Fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 22 21:49:16 CEST 2004

Hello Scott,

SA> That's what I'm saying continue it.  Just don't sell it.

    For what it's worth, I think the best thing to do is:

    1. Create the new, "effective" 2nd edition of the game, as a
    standalone RPG.

    2. Give it a new name, of course, so that Richard could:

    3. Market the hell out of it! :)

    4. Retain the Perilous Lands material online as it is now, for the
    sake of the fans. The new RPG could make mention of a website, and
    the website could, in turn, have links to that material as "fan
    based" which would almost certainly keep WotC off anyone's back.

    5. Get back to having fun and playing, and no longer worry about
    all this stuff. <Chuckle>

    Hell, if Richard puts out a new game that is, in effect, if not
    actually labeled as such (for legal reasons), a second edition of
    P&P, I'll put up an entire website for it. I've got a couple of
    domains I'm no longer using for their original intent, and could
    easily set up a new website devoted to the game, just as Woute has
    for 1st ed. P&P. I've got unlimited space, so could host various
    world settings that enthusiasts create for it, too.

Best regards,

   Larry                         mailto:Kurgan at Fastmail.fm