Stupid Question #3 :)

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Mon Sep 15 04:57:38 CEST 2003

At 11:26 AM 9/9/03 -0800, you wrote:
>Insubstantial. Hmmm. The only safe way to teleport.
>    So if one throws a grenade while insubstantial it becomes substantial
>and
>you are hopefully immune to its effects?

That's the exact thing I was thinking about.  You just stand there and let it
explode as they
fumble to try to grab it.  Then boom it goes solid and explodes.  But since
you
have
no mass no damage.  It should work if you go by the book theory.

>Actually I don't know. Seems easiest to play it that way. Though one could
>say
>that what you initially cause to go insubstantial is caught in a field and
>stays with you till the spell ends. One could easily kill dragons if one
>could insubstantially walk through it, leaving a log in its heart that
>would solidify after you leave.

Yeah it could be a powerful spell if used that way.

>    As far as voice, I would say others insubstantial could also hear you.
>Those not insubstantial might hear you faintly.

Another good point.  Its like the Insubs folks would be on a different 'plane'
like the
astral plane.  Hmmmm