Stealth and Awareness

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Thu May 30 07:36:42 CEST 2002

At 11:03 AM 5/29/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi everyone...its been a while since I last posted a
>response, but here goes!
>
>I was under the impression that the skill 'Thief'
>included ancillary skills and traits common to the
>profession.  That would include any skill not
>specificly named in the Skills table such as hiding,
>sneaking, ACTIVE listening (eg. beyond a closed door),
>etc.  And since this skill is a profession skill (EL
>or 80), it was largely a percentage modified by
>circumstances.
>
>But you point out a huge ommision by Powers and Perils
>in terms of observation.  They tried to overcome this
>by using a mathmatical average of Intelligence and
>Empathy (I+Em/2) as a percentage, such as to avoid a
>trap door.  As a house rule, I have added the
>Attribute (NOT a skill) Perception.  It is treated
>like Constitution and Appearance for purposes of
>multipliers.

I use a similar perception house rule here.  Don't forget the find
secret traps skills on the website :)

Date:         Tue, 4 Jun 2002 22:54:34 -0400
Sender:       Powers and Perils Fantasy Roleplaying Game Mailing List
              <POWERS-AND-PERILS at GEO.CITG.TUDELFT.NL>
From:         Scott Adams <longshot at DARKTECH.ORG>
Subject:      Re: website update

At 10:29 PM 5/27/02 +0200, you wrote:
>New on the p&p website, as a result of one of my rare updates:
>
>Links to the Books III and IV in pdf format (a work in progress)
>Extended description for Caldo by Burton Choinski
>Dogs of War (costs of keeping mercenairies) by Burton Choinksi
>P&P Hex map in pdf format by Burton Choinski
>Dueling rules by Buron Choinski

Thanks for all the hard work.  Just think if not for your site this list and
many other pnp gamers might not know each other!

I found the other stuff just not the books in my quick look.  I'll
look more extensively for the book links later...oh...gee..forgot
didn't look in the LINKS section ..doh..I'll check it out later.
With the book 3 and 4 stuff I did (still on my website) would
save any pdfer alot of time keying in.