wand/staff

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Thu Mar 8 05:54:26 CET 2001

At 06:58 AM 3/6/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Also remember that a wand would only take one hit to
>be broken, vs. two or three for the staff... In our
>world intelligent monsters are smart enough to
>remember to do that. Plus a staff is a usable melee
>weapon. All in all it is very handy. At least I think
>so...  ;)

Yeah.  But as a weapon?  Wand No.  Staff yes I'd say.  If a playerwas foolish
enough
to use a wand as a melee weapon I'd just grin (in my favorite evil GM mode)
and
perpare
for some fun.

When I did staffs in Stormbringer it had a system for their use and damage
that
was fairly
good (well I still play that system sometimes).  But I'd use a combo of that
data and real
data ...like a staff of some wood type we could easillycompare its durability.
If you could find a few pieces of it and test it with common things knives,
daggers and
then a sword (a strength of say an axe) then if it broke that was the
threhold.  That's what
we did years ago.